Beer! - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been drinking Sierra Nevada recently and really liking it. I was in a bar in Bath St a few weeks ago that was selling Sierra Nevada Torpedo, an eventful night out followed after skelping more than a few of them.

It's a strong one ha

I recently tried a 12% Russian imperial stout. It was fairly easy to drink as well, floated home after a couple of them.

Joker IPA really hits the mark for me. Lovely beer. Also like their Caesar Augustus.

£1.60 in sainsbury guild Street,meh! What's it like on tap?

Had a smashing pint of bitter and twisted in Carnoustie station bar, so much so almost missed my train birth trying to buy a poor bottled version in the coopey across Road.

So where is the best places were you are for a beer? By that I mean that in a poncy camra way

In Aberdeen, IMHO the best variety and kept is the moorings (or fit ever is called now) plus 10% off for camra members always makes it a good beer place.

Grill also keep their ale well.

My last pint before leaving Dublin was my first pint of O'Hara's Stout. Must go back for more now :cry:

L

STOUT.png

now that's a stout.

You had the galway bay? Ooft. That's a stout

now that's a stout.

You had the galway bay? Ooft. That's a stout

You mean there's better :yikes3:

I'm intae strong dark Belgians too (oo-err missus), like Troubadour Obscura, Noir de Dottigne and Malheur 12.

Line the three of those up though and the night and next mornin' would be gone. The 12 is the percentage :-))

Love Scottish dark beers too such as Old Jock, Dark Dunter and Black Metal's Blood Revenge :guitar:

Never seen them on draught though except at the Paisley Beer Fest... now an annual pilgrimage. I probably don't get out enough.

Edited by Grim Jim

So where is the best places were you are for a beer? By that I mean that in a poncy camra way

In Aberdeen, IMHO the best variety and kept is the moorings (or fit ever is called now) plus 10% off for camra members always makes it a good beer place.

Grill also keep their ale well.

Both excellent. The Grill rotates its taps very well.

6dN is by far the best in Aberdeen though.

Looking back on the thread there's some interest on yon American craft stuff.

Some years back Sam Adams was too bitter for me. Now a few taste buds down, I love it... the commercial stuff I mean. Not tried their "craft" stuff.

I mind buying some American bottled stuff, thinking, "those are new and interesting labels". Without my reading specs, I didn't see the 9% badging ...which I might have handled if they were wee Belgian sized and not fekkin' pint bottles.

I didn't get pissed though as they were just so bitter and hoppy I couldn't drink them :o Abject fail I know :crazy:

ngd5k9.jpg

Had a smashing pint of bitter and twisted in Carnoustie station bar, so much so almost missed my train birth trying to buy a poor bottled version in the coopey across Road.

Train Birth? Must have been good stuff to nearly miss that haha

Joker only £1.50 in Aldi, all year round. As are the various Williams and Brewdog beers they sell.

Has anyone tried the silly strength brew dog beers tactical nuclear penguin and sink the bismark?

They're tastytasty, and you can tell it's beer.

Wouldn't go out my way to have one with all their other stuff available, but a good gimmick worth experiencing.

They're tastytasty, and you can tell it's beer.

Wouldn't go out my way to have one with all their other stuff available, but a good gimmick worth experiencing.

last time I was in brew dog in embra think they were a fiver for 25ml