The Aftermath - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Aftermath

kps022000

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was good to see the fight and desire in the second half. Strachan's team talk must have been spot on.

Would remove Whittaker from the set up, not good enough. The ref we had tonight was completely :banghead:

Is there any other team in Europe that gets more incompetent officials assigned to our games than Scotland?

A great shift from the team.

We all wrote this off as 0pts, but it feels a lot harder to accept that rather one point after that second half performance. Must do better for their 2nd goal, but we are definitely in with a chance in the group.

Marshall was excellent and deserves to keep his spot as No1. Morrison, terrible and tried too much - gave the ball away numerous times and put his defenders in danger with overhit passes, possibly the wet pitch didn't help, but still.

Naismith did well up on his own. He's a liability with his mouth though - wish he'd just keep stumm even if the ref had a mare.

D. Fletcher had an excellent game. Fantastic seeing him back.

Definitely have a chance of the Euros. Disappointing for our sake that Ireland-Georgia wasn't a draw, Poland's win was always on the cards, so next month will certainly be interesting.

Loads to be optimistic about and without another dig at Levein, the manager has helped shape us 100% better than the last one. We were playing the World Champions (albeit with injuries and new faces, they had 7 of their WC winners playing) and unlucky not to get something out of that.

It was good to see the fight and desire in the second half. Strachan's team talk must have been spot on.

Would remove Whittaker from the set up, not good enough. The ref we had tonight was completely flipping :banghead:

Is there any other team in Europe that gets more incompetent officials assigned to our games than Scotland?

I disagree, I thought Whittaker was excellent in a tough shift

Played really well in the second half, and carved out some good chances. We could easily have taken a draw from that game, but we really need a decent centre half.

Optimistic about the rest of the campaign, we are well capable of second place in this group.

Marshall

Hutton Martin Hanley Robertson

Fletcher Brown

Snodgrass Naismith Anya

Fletcher

Pray to god players remain fit, because on that performance and with those players, 2nd is ours.

The key to qualifying is how well you cope when your better players are injured, suspended or out of form.

A great shift from the team.

We all wrote this off as 0pts, but it feels a lot harder to accept that rather one point after that second half performance. Must do better for their 2nd goal, but we are definitely in with a chance in the group.

Marshall was excellent and deserves to keep his spot as No1. Morrison, terrible and tried too much - gave the ball away numerous times and put his defenders in danger with overhit passes, possibly the wet pitch didn't help, but still.

Naismith did well up on his own. He's a liability with his mouth though - wish he'd just keep stumm even if the ref had a mare.

D. Fletcher had an excellent game. Fantastic seeing him back.

Definitely have a chance of the Euros. Disappointing for our sake that Ireland-Georgia wasn't a draw, Poland's win was always on the cards, so next month will certainly be interesting.

Loads to be optimistic about and without another dig at Levein, the manager has helped shape us 100% better than the last one. We were playing the World Champions (albeit with injuries and new faces, they had 7 of their WC winners playing) and unlucky not to get something out of that.

A very good assessment, albeit a wee bit harsh on Morrison: he wasn't great tonight but I don't think he is 100% fit yet.

Wee Strachan got his tactics spot on, IMHO, and after some of the dross served up under his predecessor it was so refreshing to watch the team trying to play attacking football and get back into the game at 1-0 down. If we can play with kind of mindset in the next three games then we have every chance of success.

Fantastic performance and work rate in the second half was first class. One weak link is Hanley, needs binned.

We have no decent replacements, infact we should just learn from Germany and play our crap defensive line on the half way line and just go all out attack ;)

Marshall

Hutton Martin Hanley Robertson

Fletcher Brown

Snodgrass Naismith Anya

Fletcher

Pray to god players remain fit, because on that performance and with those players, 2nd is ours.

That's exactly the team i would choose, and probably the one that will take us to the Euros.

I'd say the only interchangeable positions are the CBs but unfortunately none of the young CBs breaking through look like they will be ready in the next couple years. The other is Steven Fletcher's. On his day, he is fantastic and i'd happily have him lead the line in all our games. But i i think, with the system we play, we could do with a faster, counter attacking centre forward that can get on the end of through balls. But that is nit-picking.

Though saying all that, Bannan was excellent tonight. I'd have no reservations with playing him at RM again.

Once again , despite the result, i feel proud of the team. However unlike similar games in previous years, where we showed spirit, fight , determination etc alone, we showed composure, skill, technical ability and tactical awareness in abundance tonight. These are all things we can take forward into other games.

In previous years we tended to raise ourselves and produce one-off performances in these types of games, however tonight we showed we are a solid team, there was no miracle, Paris type of fluke in our performance.

The fact that the world champions were attempting to run the ball into the corner against us shows just how far we have come. If we can continue this consistency and momentum we seem to have this group won't cause us too many problems.