Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 24 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I didn't realise you were so “in” with all the folk at Chelsea…. José is that you?

Seriously though, you are writing off a 20 year old (I stand corrected he’s not 19) who has just gone on loan to Peterborough? You can’t possibly know “that’s his level” and even if it is his level he’s still got every chance of keeping his head down, playing well, working his way up the leagues and ending up in our squad at some point.

Have you ever seen him play? I actually have seen him play a couple of times. He looked out of his depth one occasion but he was only 18 at the time and looked much improved the next time I saw him. He is just a kid, Stones he isn’t but neither is Grant Hanley.

This lad also that plays at centre back, a position I might add that Scotland are struggling in. Keep in mind that Russel Martin made over 100 appearances for Wycombe from the age of 19 and over 50 for Peterborough prior to moving to Norwich City and is now one of the first names on the Scotland Team sheet. We are not blessed with sh!t loads of talented players so what is wrong with looking at the possibilities rather that writing players off at such a young age. With an attitude like that I am surprised you get out of bed in the morning.

:ok::ok::ok:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
4 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Normally I would agree, but I think the current Rangers coaching team will be good for player development. 

I think said RFC coaching team have reverted to type...Their last few signings are more in the twilight of their careers  

12 minutes ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

I think said RFC coaching team have reverted to type...Their last few signings are more in the twilight of their careers  

They've already signed 19 year old Jordan Rossiter, Matt Crooks and Josh Windass this summer ?

They were obviously lacking a bit of experience to guide said young players, hardly a change of philosophy to bring in 2-3 30 plus year olds to do that.

West Brom agree a fee of £5.5 mil for Matt Philips

That's 4 Scotland internationals this year have moved for £33.5 mil between them. Ritchie (12) Naismith (7) Rhodes (9) and now Philips for 5.5. Add in a potential move to Sheffield Wednesday for Ross McCormack for £15 mil which has been rumoured that's some amount of money, especially when 3 of them have hardly kicked a ball for us. :o

4 hours ago, bossman4 said:

That's 4 Scotland internationals this year have moved for £33.5 mil between them. Ritchie (12) Naismith (7) Rhodes (9) and now Philips for 5.5. Add in a potential move to Sheffield Wednesday for Ross McCormack for £15 mil which has been rumoured that's some amount of money, especially when 3 of them have hardly kicked a ball for us. :o

Strachan doesn't rate them. we have an embarrassment of riches......

8 hours ago, bossman4 said:

I thought Phillips looked pretty good in the recent friendlies.

Having 3 players at West Brom can do no harm.

On 7/5/2016 at 6:45 AM, kmcca5 said:

Ryan Gauld to Sheffield Wed or Brighton (Please Please Pretty Please) on loan for the season

If Gauld and Harper could ignite in Brighton's first team, it might just be the start of something....

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Craig Slater (refused to sign new contract at Killie) just signed for Colchester Utd in League 2.

Unbelievable. I've watched that league and the SPFL is by far a higher standard. 

Money? Guessing he has been offered higher wages than killie could pay

3 hours ago, TartanDave said:

Stuart Findley has signed for Newcastle, out of nowhere for me that one. Is he good enough?

it would be great if he formed a partnership with Hanley (if he signs). He's only 20 and appears to be quick and good on the ball. He certainly looked good in Scotland youth sudes, but I didn't see much of him at Kilmarnock.

10 hours ago, TartanDave said:

Stuart Findley has signed for Newcastle, out of nowhere for me that one. Is he good enough?

Genuinely pleased for Stuart Findlay to get such an opportunity at such a big club though I do suspect it may be a case of Newcastle signing him as a favour to an agent.

Happens a lot these days. An agent has managed to get a club a few good deals in the past and to keep him sweetened up, the club will now and again sign one of the more average players on his rolls and just chuck him in the reserves. 

Whilst I suspect that is what has happened here, I do wish Findlay all the best at Newcastle and proves a surprisingly good signing.