Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 25 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

21 hours ago, TartanDave said:

Stuart Findley has signed for Newcastle, out of nowhere for me that one. Is he good enough?

Strange comment from Findley, “I’ve come from Celtic, who are a big team in Scotland, but to be able to leave Celtic and join a team who are just as big, if not bigger down in England is a really proud moment for me."

I'm not doubting that Newcastle are a big team but I suspect its more about money and maybe not thinking he's good enough for Celtic.  When we have our regular discussions about the dearth of centre halves Findley's name hasn't cropped up as a possibility.  I'd be delighted if I'm wrong!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

According to SNN, Blackburn want £6,000,000 from the Geordies for Grant Hanley. Their current bid is £4,500,000

I think Ra Gers might yet still jump in with a sneaky bid to grapple him away.

8 hours ago, COLT NY said:

I think Ra Gers might yet still jump in with a sneaky bid to grapple him away.

Zero chance of that. There's no way Rangers can afford Hanley at 6mil.
It'll be Newcastle or Sheffield Wednesday by all accounts, tho 6mil is probably far more than the Owls would want to spend on a centerback.

On 7/9/2016 at 0:27 PM, Hertsscot said:

Strange comment from Findley, “I’ve come from Celtic, who are a big team in Scotland, but to be able to leave Celtic and join a team who are just as big, if not bigger down in England is a really proud moment for me."

I'm not doubting that Newcastle are a big team but I suspect its more about money and maybe not thinking he's good enough for Celtic.  When we have our regular discussions about the dearth of centre halves Findley's name hasn't cropped up as a possibility.  I'd be delighted if I'm wrong!

Findlay was poor in a sh1te Killie side.

So much so he didn't feature towards the end of the season.

19 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

According to SNN, Blackburn want £6,000,000 from the Geordies for Grant Hanley. Their current bid is £4,500,000

£6 million for Hanley.  I'm sure not that long ago there was mention of him being available of about a quarter of that.  Looking at this summer's transfer dealings it seems that all that extra money from the tele for the EPL is hyping up prices and players wages - no surprise there then.  

21 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

£6 million for Hanley.  I'm sure not that long ago there was mention of him being available of about a quarter of that.  Looking at this summer's transfer dealings it seems that all that extra money from the tele for the EPL is hyping up prices and players wages - no surprise there then.  

If I was Blackburn, i'd sell him to anyone offering over 500k.

Suggestion of Mulgrew to Shefiield Wednesday. Don't know why everyone's being linked with them, but I guess they have Fletcher, Bannan, Ross Wallace and Liam Palmer, so maybe they're seen as 'likely buyers of Scots'. Not sure.

Wouldn't be a bad move for him. Change of scenery might help him with his fitness and it's a level he can compete at, for sure. They have no left backs, but that's the position I think he's weakest in, so I'd hope he gets into their midfield or central defense.

22 hours ago, kmcca5 said:

Martin on his way to Brighton. 

Shame if that goes ahead I think it would benefit Scotland having a club pairing at centre half (though I suspect Klose would actually get the nod over Russell at Norwich anyhow). We haven't had a club pairing since the heady days of McLeish/Miller or Narey/Hegarty, didn't even need McNaught/Evans from the European Champions.

4 hours ago, TartanDave said:

Were Caldwell and McManus and Wilson and Weir not club pairings? Or did they not play for both club and country at same time? 

Caldwell and McManus played at the back together (with mixed success) at Celtic for about three years or so. Wilson and Weir played together sometimes for Rangers although Weir was near the end by then.

10 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

Looks like Tony Watt could be on his way to hearts on loan

Would rather not see him back in the SPL but regular games are good.

Hopefully Griffiths, Rhodes & Watt can be more regular features in the squad than the depressing naming of 3 strikers; Fletcher, Naismith and C.Martin.

11 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

Looks like Tony Watt could be on his way to hearts on loan

Seriously though, what is it with this guy, is he capable of actually going to a club, keeping his head down, working hard and getting on with people?  Regardless of ability - and I think that's debatable - there must be serious concerns about him being a disruptive influence.

I just checked to see if Charlton had changed their manager from the previous one that Watt fell out with.

They have, unfortunately for Watt, they replaced him with the Cardiff manager which was where he was on loan at the start of last season before they binned him as well.

26 minutes ago, aaid said:

Seriously though, what is it with this guy, is he capable of actually going to a club, keeping his head down, working hard and getting on with people?  Regardless of ability - and I think that's debatable - there must be serious concerns about him being a disruptive influence.

I just checked to see if Charlton had changed their manager from the previous one that Watt fell out with.

They have, unfortunately for Watt, they replaced him with the Cardiff manager which was where he was on loan at the start of last season before they binned him as well.

It's more likely that Watt doesn't want to play in League 1 and has requested a move to a better level.