Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 26 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Based on the theory the SPL is hopefully better than league 1 - Bear in mind there'll be European football too, if Hearts get through this round.

Tony Watt has passed a medical and agreed terms with Hearts. Season-long loan deal to be confirmed shortly. #HMFC #Live

should be in the squad for tomorrow night now

1 hour ago, hannibal smith said:

Tony Watt has passed a medical and agreed terms with Hearts. Season-long loan deal to be confirmed shortly. #HMFC #Live

should be in the squad for tomorrow night now

not eligible but will hopefully be needed for next Thursday

4 hours ago, Slide Tackle said:

Most under rated player in our team 

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Hanley off to Newcastle for £5.5 million :shocked:

Good move for him I think. Still only 24. Newcastle expected to go up this season.

Really pleased with the moves for Gauld, Watt, and Hanley. A real opportunity for all of them to show what they can do. Hoping for good seasons for them - Gauld to do enough to get into the Sporting line-up next season, Watt to be one of the top performers in the league, and Hanley promoted and first choice for Newcastle next season. Oh, and Killie to win the League again :mellow:

16 hours ago, Slide Tackle said:

Most under rated player in our team 

I agree with you there.   I like him as a player...has had a few shaky moments, but is young and will improve withe experience. 

To have captained Blackburn and had so many caps for us in that position at the age of 24 is pretty impressive.

I think that he gets a hard time from Scotland fans and cannot understand why.  He will be a hall of famer and will get many more caps for us.  I rate him highly and I think he will improve with age.

Newcastle is a good move for him as you would imagine they have a great chance of bouncing straight back up to the premiership.

1 hour ago, WeLuvIrnBru said:

I agree with you there.   I like him as a player...has had a few shaky moments, but is young and will improve withe experience. 

To have captained Blackburn and had so many caps for us in that position at the age of 24 is pretty impressive.

I think that he gets a hard time from Scotland fans and cannot understand why.  He will be a hall of famer and will get many more caps for us.  I rate him highly and I think he will improve with age.

Newcastle is a good move for him as you would imagine they have a great chance of bouncing straight back up to the premiership.

I've no real issue with Hanley, clearly he's no world beater but he gets a lot of unfair stick, IMHO.

However, can we get rid of this "He's only young" nonsense.  24 is not young for a professional footballer. 

19 minutes ago, aaid said:

I've no real issue with Hanley, clearly he's no world beater but he gets a lot of unfair stick, IMHO.

However, can we get rid of this "He's only young" nonsense.  24 is not young for a professional footballer. 

It is for a central defender at international level anyway....I think Colin Hendy got his first cap at 27....Hanley got his first cap for us at 20/21?  That is extremely young for a central defender at international level.  I don't think that it's nonsense to say that he has gathered a lot of experience at the age of 24 for a central defender. 

10 minutes ago, WeLuvIrnBru said:

It is for a central defender at international level anyway....I think Colin Hendy got his first cap at 27....Hanley got his first cap for us at 20/21?  That is extremely young for a central defender at international level.  I don't think that it's nonsense to say that he has gathered a lot of experience at the age of 24 for a central defender. 

20/21 is young, 24 is not.   The main reason why Colin Hendry wasn't capped until he was 27 is that there were several better players than him who were still playing.

Part of the reason I have always felt why Hanley comes in for stick is because people think he is older than he really is..... most people will probably think he is 26/27ish, when actually he is only 24 (probably because he was capped so young, so feels like he has been around for a long time, plus he was made Blackburn Captain at such a early age).

Newcastle I think will be a good move for him and probably see his performances step up a gear, and we will (hopefully) see a better player when he does reach his peak at 26/27-ish..... just wish we had a partner to play beside him (Hanley and Martin do play well together, but it has always felt like they were put together with no real long term plans to keep them together, yet there has not been a reason to drop either...even though Strachan has tried other idea's in friendlies).

Grant Hanley isn't anywhere near as bad as some people make out. Just folk looking for a scapegoat. I'm confident he will get better as he gets older. Strangely his critics rarely suggest a player to replace him with ..........

For a club that's historically made a such big contribution to the Scotland national team it had been a wee while since we had some Scottish internationals at NUFC. Stephen Glass, Kevin Gallacher and the Caldenbaur bros were the last ones - and Gary C never played a first team game for them. 

38 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Grant Hanley isn't anywhere near as bad as some people make out. Just folk looking for a scapegoat. I'm confident he will get better as he gets older. Strangely his critics rarely suggest a player to replace him with ..........

For a club that's historically made a such big contribution to the Scotland national team it had been a wee while since we had some Scottish internationals at NUFC. Stephen Glass, Kevin Gallacher and the Caldenbaur bros were the last ones - and Gary C never played a first team game for them. 

:ok:

On 20 July 2016 at 7:23 PM, killiefaetheferry said:

Really pleased with the moves for Gauld, Watt, and Hanley. A real opportunity for all of them to show what they can do. Hoping for good seasons for them - Gauld to do enough to get into the Sporting line-up next season, Watt to be one of the top performers in the league, and Hanley promoted and first choice for Newcastle next season. Oh, and Killie to win the League again :mellow:

Tony watt won't get near the Scotland squad even if he does perform well. He doesn't play in England or for either if the Glasgow two therefore the media and Strachan won't want him

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Tony watt won't get near the Scotland squad even if he does perform well. He doesn't play in England or for either if the Glasgow two therefore the media and Strachan won't want him

Kenny McLean, Calum Paterson, John McGinn, Graeme Shinnie etc etc...

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Kenny McLean, Calum Paterson, John McGinn, Graeme Shinnie etc etc...

Cameo appearances at most and Shinnie didn't even get on the park despite it only being Gibraltar.

I'd be willing to bet none of the above will feature unless there are loads of injuries.

Strachan is stubborn and has his favourites, that won't change

Just now, Cove_Sheep said:

I'm really not sure there is any manager, anywhere, who doesn't apparently have 'favourites'.

you know what I meant

Strachan will stick with the same players regardless of form or even playing time. The above players will need to win a move to england or the OF in order to be considered/promoted to a first pick.