Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 31 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27 August 2016 at 10:19 AM, Jagtag said:

Got to agree. Put Ambrose in front of any keeper in the world and they'd have a few wobbles. I remember Leighton back in the early 90s being "finished". Playing for Dundee, throwing goals in including 6 v the Jags. Never play for Scotland again they said. Hit the best form of his life shortly after.

Managing to blame Ambrose for Gordons inadequacies as a keeper is farcical. Gordon has been pish for about 12 months and has pretty much cost us a goal every game he's played this season.

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Managing to blame Ambrose for Gordons inadequacies as a keeper is farcical. Gordon has been pish for about 12 months and has pretty much cost us a goal every game he's played this season.

Not being 'Sellick minded' was never going to help him at Parkhead anyway. 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Not being 'Sellick minded' was never going to help him at Parkhead anyway. 

Absolute and utter sh1te.

i think practically every Celtic supporter was delighted when Gordon signed and started to show some of his old form. But from practically the Malmo away game last season he has struggled, especially on cross balls. His decision making is away to pot and his confidence looks shot. The simple fact is that right now he is a liability more than anything. Maybe some time out of the spotlight will help him?

As for being "Celtic minded", that doesn't come into it. Who exactly is "Celtic minded" in the current team? James Forrest? Didn't exactly do him much good over the last couple of below average seasons? And Anthony Stokes wasn't exactly given an easy time when his attitude dropped. It would do you good to not just make up sh1t to try and prove your point. 

4 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Absolute and utter sh1te.

i think practically every Celtic supporter was delighted when Gordon signed and started to show some of his old form. But from practically the Malmo away game last season he has struggled, especially on cross balls. His decision making is away to pot and his confidence looks shot. The simple fact is that right now he is a liability more than anything. Maybe some time out of the spotlight will help him?

As for being "Celtic minded", that doesn't come into it. Who exactly is "Celtic minded" in the current team? James Forrest? Didn't exactly do him much good over the last couple of below average seasons? And Anthony Stokes wasn't exactly given an easy time when his attitude dropped. It would do you good to not just make up sh1t to try and prove your point. 

It was a joke. Calm doon! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Al1978 said:

Marshall signs for Hull. Be the end of McGregor's career there

He's out injured till the new year anyway.

No bad thing - McGregor will probably get a move either permanently or on loan to another EPL club once he is back fit.

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

My wee cousin went to School with Forrest, i'm not even sure he was a Celtic fan! 

I wisnae being serious...

Quote function goosed. Was meant for the previous.

Edited by Ormond

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

He's out injured till the new year anyway.

No bad thing - McGregor will probably get a move either permanently or on loan to another EPL club once he is back fit.

He won't get another epl club, he's been a failure at Hull

24 minutes ago, Al1978 said:

He won't get another epl club, he's been a failure at Hull

Has he aye? No basis or argument to quantify your statement? Have you accurately predicted the future previously - if so can you give me the correct lottery numbers for this week?

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

But a cracking move for the wee man ! A manager that believes in his qualities it would seem, so hopefully plenty game time at the top level again :).

A lot closer to Stewarton as well 

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

But a cracking move for the wee man ! A manager that believes in his qualities it would seem, so hopefully plenty game time at the top level again :).

Nah that's a shocking move if he goes to Sunderland. It was Moyes who signed him for Everton and continually played him right midfield where he became a boo-boys favourite. It wasn't until Martinez came in and played him up front that he started to shine. 

If he DOES go to Sunderland he'll need guarantees he'll be used as a striker.