Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 33 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?  Surely you're either an old school centre half or someone who can play and has pace. 

i think any description of a young player on their club's website you can disregard as "a heap of shite" 

Edited by LewisEDI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, PHATBOY_AK47 said:

Went to a school in Annan.  Can't find much information other than the school.  So maybe not Scottish!

Wee Update,  Went tae Newington Primary School.  Played for Annan Ath.

If you stick the name into Google, the first thing that comes up is the twitter page for some kid in Annan, but this kid who has signed for Stoke is someone totally different.... interestingly though on football stat's sites, some list him as Scottish, while others as English.

18 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Is Jack Grimmer still a youth team player at 22? I am sure someone on here was suggesting he was bossing the midfield for Fulham last week, strange to then see him out on loan to Shrewsbury if that was the case.

He played in their cup game v Middlesbrough last week, but think that has been his only appearance this season (he was subbed early in the 2nd half any way)..... sure he recently signed a new long term deal with Fulham recently (think it was round about the time of the Czech game when Strachan was going to call up 2 squads and his name was linked in the media).

Islam Feruez off to a Belgium premier division team. Really interested to see how many games he plays or more apt how many days he stays

Perfect example of a bad attitude and ego rotting a natural talent away

Would love to see him turn it round and prove to be the player he can be very very very doubtful this will happen

Just now, borojock said:

Islam Feruez off to a Belgium premier division team. Really interested to see how many games he plays or more apt how many days he stays

Perfect example of a bad attitude and ego rotting a natural talent away

Would love to see him turn it round and prove to be the player he can be very very very doubtful this will happen

forget about him, he was just a stand out at a young age, without sounding like sbragia he's too small for 1st team football for a striker, couldnt even make it in the scottish first division

Just now, LewisEDI said:

forget about him, he was just a stand out at a young age, without sounding like sbragia he's too small for 1st team football for a striker, couldnt even make it in the scottish first division

What got me thinking about him was a daily record article about Stephen Dobbie, as a QOS fan who witnessed first hand the turn around he made at a much older age than Fereuz is now i still live in blind optimism that there is a chance - he does have some talent there is no arguing that from some of the youth performances its just it hasnt developed and what talent there was has horribly stagnated due to not being arsed

Agree with your point about being a striker for us but would see him more on a number 10   

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, andyD said:

Fairly sure Wednesday have nothing near the money to sign him anyway and Villa already have Agbonlahor, McCormack, Ayew and Kodjia.. I can't see why they'd want him.

Sadly staying put means he's unlikely to get a lot of first team football.

Wednesday are backed by some very wealthy people, so not all that short of cash.

Sound of things Villa are trying to offload McCormack (reports they have offered him in a player plus cash deal to Norwich).

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:32 PM, aaid said:

Feruz now off to the mighty Swindon Town on loan.  He'll be playing in the National League next season at this rate. 

He's got being released and ending up at Greenock Morton written all over him I reckon.

Contract cancellation this summer on the cards!

29 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

He's got being released and ending up at Greenock Morton written all over him I reckon.

Contract cancellation this summer on the cards!

What a waste. Did he not score hat trick for under 21s when he was about 17? Against Portugal?

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, GHfaeGTA said:

What a waste. Did he not score hat trick for under 21s when he was about 17? Against Portugal?

Think that was for a younger age group? But yes.

Also lit up the Uefa youth league for Chelsea when he first went down there.

Maybe someone can sort him out but every failed loan move makes it more likely he is a waste of space.