Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 38 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

11 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

mmmm, sounds a bit iffy this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4152778/Oliver-Burke-happy-hear-Premier-League.html

i read that his family have just moved over to leipzig to help him settle

It's completely bogus.  As has already been pointed out, even if he wanted to move and someone wanted to sign him, they couldn't, it's against the rules.

The line about being "flattered" is what 99% of players come out with when asked about interest from another club, it's meaningless.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, andyD said:

Kevin McDonald? At Fulham.. playing every week.. a good shout to make the playoffs and could be playing premier league next season? Who has the kind of physical attributes that our center midfield lacks? The guy playing well, 3 goals, 4 assists from defensive midfield? With an 86% pass completion rate that embarrasses the likes of Darren Fletcher (77%)?

Aye, he's pish, forget him.

he's right about how slow he is and his lack of athleticism 

2 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Hull accept 10M bid from Burnley for Snodgrass according to sky.

£10 million for Snodgrass is probably a fair bid, but I would have thought his value to Hull would have been been a lot higher in helping to keep him in the league.   Selling one of your better players to a relegation rival is a strange one.

edit. Didn't realise Burnley were so high up the table so not a direct relegation rival.

Edited by aaid

1 hour ago, aaid said:

£10 million for Snodgrass is probably a fair bid, but I would have thought his value to Hull would have been been a lot higher in helping to keep him in the league.   Selling one of your better players to a relegation rival is a strange one.

edit. Didn't realise Burnley were so high up the table so not a direct relegation rival.

Burnley are probably a team guaranteed to stay up and with the length of time left on his contract at hull they will see it as a good deal. Kinda smells like they have resigned themselves to relegation. However I expect Hull to go down even if Snodgrass stays.

Seen this on-line earlier. Pretty decent.

1 - Robert Snodgrass has the most goals (7), assists (3), chances created (45) & shots (39) for Hull City in the league this season. Vital.

— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) January 25, 2017

5 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

he's right about how slow he is and his lack of athleticism 

He's really not that slow, he looks it because he's 6'4" and built like a brick sh*thouse.. so he's got that slightly awkward look when he does stuff that you're used to seeing 5'9" players do. He has good technique and a better range of passing than Fletcher, Brown or McArthur. He plays the sort of balls Burke and Fraser would love to feed off.

I'd honestly put him in our starting 11 right now, along side Brown. His physicality and distribution would complement Brown's business and energy well. The only reason I can think of not to include him is the form of Armstrong. I dread going into another game with Fletcher or McArthur in our defensive midfield. I don't know why but they both look like broken men when they play for us.

5 hours ago, aaid said:

3 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Burnley are probably a team guaranteed to stay up and with the length of time left on his contract at hull they will see it as a good deal. Kinda smells like they have resigned themselves to relegation. However I expect Hull to go down even if Snodgrass stays.

Seen this on-line earlier. Pretty decent.

1 - Robert Snodgrass has the most goals (7), assists (3), chances created (45) & shots (39) for Hull City in the league this season. Vital.

— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) January 25, 2017

Yep. I said something similar a few weeks back. He's probably their best player or at the very least, their most important player.

1 hour ago, simonmk said:

Gordon to Chelsea on Talksport earlier.

Bit of a dangerous one as he's unlikely to get any game time, but will get paid so much more than Celtic that it's got to be hard to resist. I suppose having been out injured for so long craig might just be happy to be playing games every week at this point.

Fingers crossed he stays at Celtic, cos I'd rather he was playing.