Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 42 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

24 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Bugger. Hull have stopped Robertson's transfer to Burnley. Staying with them for the next few months anyway. 

Happy enough with that. Stay will them till the end of the season and hope to get a better move in the summer when most clubs are looking for players.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Rhodes having a medical at Sheffield Wednesday! If it goes through it'll be interesting to see if he forms a strike partnership with Fletcher

It could be more interesting to see how Strachan justifies picking Fletcher, when he's been benched in favour of Rhodes.

42 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Rhodes having a medical at Sheffield Wednesday! If it goes through it'll be interesting to see if he forms a strike partnership with Fletcher

Hes hardly getting a start for wednesday now . Hes suspended at the minute and theyve just signed Winnall from Barnsley . So if they get Rhodes Fletcher will be right down the pecking order 

17 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Hes hardly getting a start for wednesday now . Hes suspended at the minute and theyve just signed Winnall from Barnsley . So if they get Rhodes Fletcher will be right down the pecking order 

Hardly getting a game? That's misleading to say the least.

He was suspended for their game last night (and is for the next 2 iirc), but played in all of the 14 games prior to that. Aside from his current suspension he's only not played in 2 league games for them all season.

In the 6 games prior to the one where he got sent off he started every single one..  played 90 minutes in 3 of them and over 75 minutes in 2 others.

43 minutes ago, andyD said:

Rhodes to Wednesday has just been confirmed. Loan to the end of the season, then it becomes permanent for £10m. Bit of a financial fair play dodge, i assume.

That's quite common with last minute deals, it usually means that they haven't had time to agree all the details of the permanent transfer between all parties.

Just now, ProudScot said:

Ryan Gauld on his way to Young Boys Bern according to all the papers. Swiss transfer window doesn't close till next week and it's a loan till the end of the season. 

That's a good move.

Was worried he's still be stuck in Sporting's B team for months to come.

• 2 months later...
On 4/12/2017 at 1:21 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Arsenal are willing to hand Arsene Wenger £200m to rebuild in the summer, with the manager targeting Moussa Dembele and Kieran Tierney of Celtic, Alexandre Lacazette of Lyon, Stoke's Jack Butland or Sunderland's Jordan Pickford, and Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha. (Mirror)

Reckon they should take Armstrong as well, not just because United are due a "significant" wedge of any future transfer and we could use a "significant" wedge.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Arsenal are willing to hand Arsene Wenger £200m to rebuild in the summer, with the manager targeting Moussa Dembele and Kieran Tierney of Celtic, Alexandre Lacazette of Lyon, Stoke's Jack Butland or Sunderland's Jordan Pickford, and Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha. (Mirror)

Quite often you see these links with big clubs and you think it's either rubbish or if true they won't get a game.

With Tierney you actually think he could cut it at a big club and it isn't inconcievable he could get a move like that.

Edited by ProudScot

7 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

Arsenal have supposedly signed up a left back from schalke on a free transfer. 

Would imagine that if they were interested in Tierney, they aren't anymore. 

Good. I'd be very disappointed if Tierney went to Arsenal. As a Celtic fan I don't want him to leave. As a Scotland fan I don't want him to go to a club which allows players to get away with never improving the way Arsenal do. 

20 hours ago, munro7 said:

Jim Spence retweeted something about Liverpool apparently looking at Robertson. Might not be a bad move for him.

Seems to be a bit weight behind that one. Believe it when I see it but I'd love to see a new scot at Anfield. Can't do any worse than liability/mcbombscare Moreno.

• 2 weeks later...

Am sure Tierney has come out saying he's a huge Celtic fan and never wants to leave. Be interesting to see what happens if a big bid does come in, do Celtic really need to sell him now? Besides I think another season playing a few champions league games won't do him any harm.

Edited by JECK

28 minutes ago, JECK said:

Am sure Tierney has come out saying he's a huge Celtic fan and never wants to leave. Be interesting to see what happens if a big bid does come in, do Celtic really need to sell him now? Besides I think another season playing a few champions league games won't do him any harm.

Celtic don't need to sell.  However, if big bids come in, I expect they will be considered.  Our model recently has been all about selling players at a big profit.  The 2 players most likely to generate serious money for us are Tierney and Dembele.  

Having said that, Rodgers might have more clout than some of the previous managers and may be able to keep players with the argument that we'd get even more in the future - if we can make a meaningful impact in Europe.

Personally, I think Tierney will still be a Celtic next season.  I'm not so sure about Dembele.