Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 43 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, JECK said:

Any good?

No idea, I just kno whe came on. There's a few recent new article articles on him online.

i juts realised I put this on the wrong thread, should have been the Scotland players in action thread

27 minutes ago, andyD said:

Damn. Oh well.. forget about him for 6 years then.

Soon to be seen on loan and English Div 1 or Championship side.

2 minutes ago, kmcca5 said:

Soon to be seen on loan and English Div 1 or Championship side.

Highly unlikely. Chelsea keep players in their academy until 19. They don't tend to loan anyone out before that, you might see 1 or 2 at 18 if they're exceptional. So Gilmour will probably disappear now for 4 years.. then be loaned out.. then we might see him move or by some miracle break thru in 5-6 years, at the earliest.

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I see Jon McLaughlin has been released by Burton.  Tbh I don't know a lot about him but some people were saying that the keeper playing regularly in the Championship should have been called up by now.

That's because a few people play far too much Football Manager on their computer and can't tell the difference between simulated reality and actual reality.

8 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I see Jon McLaughlin has been released by Burton.  Tbh I don't know a lot about him but some people were saying that the keeper playing regularly in the Championship should have been called up by now.

Who said that? I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone say that on here. 

9 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Who said that? I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone say that on here. 

I don't think there's a search facility so I can't track it down.  Bit surprising that he got a free as he was their number one (excuse the pun!) for all but a handful of games this season and Burton are acknowledged as having done well.  I've got no idea of whether he should be near the squad or not.

Edited by Hertsscot

41 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I don't think there's a search facility so I can't track it down.  Bit surprising that he got a free as he was their number one (excuse the pun!) for all but a handful of games this season and Burton are acknowledged as having done well.  I've got no idea of whether he should be near the squad or not.

I said in another thread that if he carries on doing well as he has been then he might get the 'encouragement spot' in the squad, that strachan uses to give players a taster. I don't play football manager at all i'm afraid, those days are long gone heh. it was based on him being young, at a club doing ok at a good level, and him being their number one and playing decently.  Quite surprised that they've let him go tbh, strange one.

But yeah.. in no way clammering for him to be called up, was just specilating that he might be on strachans list for giving out squad experience as 3rd keeper, along with the likes of jordan archer. hopefully i've not kiss of deathed archer as well, apologies in advance if millwall sling him out. :D

4 hours ago, andyD said:

I said in another thread that if he carries on doing well as he has been then he might get the 'encouragement spot' in the squad, that strachan uses to give players a taster. I don't play football manager at all i'm afraid, those days are long gone heh. it was based on him being young, at a club doing ok at a good level, and him being their number one and playing decently.  Quite surprised that they've let him go tbh, strange one.

But yeah.. in no way clammering for him to be called up, was just specilating that he might be on strachans list for giving out squad experience as 3rd keeper, along with the likes of jordan archer. hopefully i've not kiss of deathed archer as well, apologies in advance if millwall sling him out. :D

He's not that young.

9 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Keeperwise I wouldn't be surprised if Marshall or McGregor had a move in the summer as they are behind in the pecking order at Hull.

Marshall certainly needs a move cant afford to be second choice. For me McGregor is only in the squad if Gordon or Marshall is injured. Third choice I'd have someone 25 or under who will most likely be Marshalls replacement someone line Archer, Bain, Hamilton etc

2 hours ago, Mox said:

If it's in a newspaper, i'd be taking it with a huge pinch of salt.

It's in most of them with an unusual air of certainty. A good move but also slightly risky if he doesn't get games. I think he's good on the front foot but defensively he's got a bit to go and sometimes he has a heavy touch. Good luck to him, if he continues to work hard he can do it.

19 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Robertson to Liverpool would be amazing but I just can't see it.

More likely he'll go to one of the mid table teams -  Everton, West Ham, Southampton, Leicester or West Brom - any of them need a left back/left wing-back ?

To be fair, all of the top 6 apart from Spurs could benefit from a new left-back this summer. I'm not saying they'd all want Robertson but I'm sure he is on the potential list of some of them, as will Tierney. 

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Robertson to Liverpool would be amazing but I just can't see it.

More likely he'll go to one of the mid table teams -  Everton, West Ham, Southampton, Leicester or West Brom - any of them need a left back/left wing-back ?

Everton have Baines who although dropped out of England picture is a very reliable left back. West Ham have missed Cresswell for large parts of the season and are, today aside, a better team when he plays. Southampton have Bertrand, at the moment, who is in the England squad. WBA have been playing Brunt at LB for a large part of the season, he's moved back there from previously being a winger. Is a NI international though.