Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 44 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/14/2017 at 5:13 PM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Everton have Baines who although dropped out of England picture is a very reliable left back. West Ham have missed Cresswell for large parts of the season and are, today aside, a better team when he plays. Southampton have Bertrand, at the moment, who is in the England squad. WBA have been playing Brunt at LB for a large part of the season, he's moved back there from previously being a winger. Is a NI international though. 

My initial thought was that Robertson would be a good fit for Everton as Baines hasn't been at the top of his game for a while now and at 32 isn't getting any younger.

4 hours ago, Bino's said:

rangers should be trying to sign him

Agreed.

6 minutes ago, adamntg said:

He's too young for Rangers just yet.  

:lol:

To be fair the boy Sumalia we were trying to sign is 24 but I take your point!

Just now, Bino's said:

what's Callum Pattersons situation

contract ending, no club yet

surely another rangers target if they have any sense

I think he's coming to the end of his contract and I'd like to see Rangers go for him however I think there may have been some clubs in England sniffing about him prior to his injury (West Ham, or did I imagine) that and they would blow us out of the water financially.  As would Raith Rovers now I come to think about it.

14 minutes ago, Bino's said:

what's Callum Pattersons situation

contract ending, no club yet

surely another rangers target if they have any sense

Probably due to his injury that has put a host of clubs off.... before he was out it seemed to be a good selection of clubs he had to pick from, now the only club he seems to be linked with is Cardiff City and that was a few weeks ago

9 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Probably due to his injury that has put a host of clubs off.... before he was out it seemed to be a good selection of clubs he had to pick from, now the only club he seems to be linked with is Cardiff City and that was a few weeks ago

so again if rangers aren't in for him they are daft

23 minutes ago, Bino's said:

so again if rangers aren't in for him they are daft

From a Rangers point of view yes, but I think its no secret that Paterson wants to move down south as that has been what he has basically been saying all season long that he wants his next move to be to England.

Looks like it was be October before he is match fit, and Hearts will be due a development fee, so can see why clubs are put off offering him a deal at the moment.

Edited by wanderer

I was actually wondering if Celtic might go in for Paterson.  Other than Lustig, who I think plays more at CH these days (??), they don't really have stand out right back and even Lustig is the wrong side of 30 now.  Celtic could certainly afford him, could offer him Champions League football that he's unlikely to get anywhere else and a few decent years there could get him a good move to Southampton.....

As much as it pains me to say it, having our 2 young, first choice full backs playing together at Celtic wouldn't be the worst thing for the national team.

Jeez, that was difficult to type out.  I'm away to scribble some sectarian graffiti on the toilet walls while I hum The Sash to myself!!

7 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

rangers should be trying to sign him

Wouldn't have minded him signing a while back but not now.  I'd quite like to see Hanley I'd Ibrox, there's a decent player in there, he desperately needs games and judging by this year he'll be surplus to requirements at Newcastle.

5 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Wouldn't have minded him signing a while back but not now.  I'd quite like to see Hanley I'd Ibrox, there's a decent player in there, he desperately needs games and judging by this year he'll be surplus to requirements at Newcastle.

Decent player in Hanley? Are you on crack? :o

23 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

I think it will be worth keeping an eye on Stevie Mallan now he's joined Barnsley. Always been very impressed by him, was expecting Aberdeen to go in for him. Looks a player.

If you had said that a month ago I'd have laughed at you saying that there isn't a team in Scotland bar Celtic that could afford him.

However, given the derisory sum we have accepted from Barnsley, I reckon Brechin would've had a good chance of signing him. 

Good luck to the wee man though. He has been literally outstanding for us. Especially when it really mattered towards the end of the season. In the last 8 games he scored 7 goals and had 7 assists. 

Hope he does the business down there.