Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 45 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Reports Sporting Lisbon have contacted Hull about Andy Robertson, but still looks like he is destined for Liverpool.

If it's true I bet Andy Robertson has contacted Ryan Gauld about Sporting Lisbon!

2 hours ago, kmcca5 said:

A central defender!  Let's hope this one makes it.  Not sure he wouldn't have been better staying where he was though as Rodgers does seem willing to give youngsters a chance.  Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, daviebee said:

A central defender!  Let's hope this one makes it.  Not sure he wouldn't have been better staying where he was though as Rodgers does seem willing to give youngsters a chance.  Fingers crossed.

sounds a lot like that boy that left celtic to go to newcastle ? basically let go and some agents getting a favour. 

3 hours ago, daviebee said:

Superior training facilities, Premier League team, The Weather, Great under 23's set up, testing himself against better players week in week out in a superior reserves league, Living in Brighton rather than Glasgow.... no, you are right why did he not choose to stay at Celtic?

Joking aside, fingers Crossed indeed, I seriously hope he can progress as Central Defenders are a major concern.

Edited by kmcca5

23 minutes ago, kmcca5 said:

Superior training facilities, Premier League team, The Weather, Great under 23's set up, testing himself against better players week in week out in a superior reserves league, Living in Brighton rather than Glasgow.... no, you are right why did he not choose to stay at Celtic?

Joking aside, fingers Crossed indeed, I seriously hope he can progress as Central Defenders are a major concern.

Tempted to draw a Jack Harper comparison here...  :)

I think he'd have more chance of first team action up here though.  Mind you it's not as if Celtic need defenders.

5 hours ago, daviebee said:

Tempted to draw a Jack Harper comparison here...  :)

I think he'd have more chance of first team action up here though.  Mind you it's not as if Celtic need defenders.

True enough, Celtic are bringing the young ones through at a fair rate these days, and all credit to them.

16 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

sounds a lot like that boy that left celtic to go to newcastle ? basically let go and some agents getting a favour. 

Stuart Findlay? To be fair, he is now a regular fixture in Newcastles U23 squad that finished 3rd in their League and lost a play-off  to Aston Villa the other week, plus did get some first team action during the season.

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

Stuart Findlay? To be fair, he is now a regular fixture in Newcastles U23 squad that finished 3rd in their League and lost a play-off  to Aston Villa the other week, plus did get some first team action during the season.

He got one game during the season.

He's also 21 now and should be playing first team football. You can only take so much from youth football kickabout games.

NUFC in all likelihood are just keeping an agent sweet by taking on one of the inexpensive pish players on his books. Happens a lot.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He got one game during the season.

He's also 21 now and should be playing first team football. You can only take so much from youth football kickabout games.

NUFC in all likelihood are just keeping an agent sweet by taking on one of the inexpensive pish players on his books. Happens a lot.

Were you not saying all the Falkirk boys who went to Swansea were all part of some bung to a agent and that none of them would get near the first team?

As for Findlay, certainly doing no worse than if he had stayed at Celtic.

Edited by wanderer

Just now, wanderer said:

Were you not saying all the Falkirk boys who went to Swansea were all part of some bung to a agent and that none of them would get near the first team?

None of them are regulars. Kingsley is a semi-regular. Fulton gets the odd game but is usually not even on the bench, King has failed altogether, he's 21 now too.

It in all likelihood was a special deal. I stand by that.

I don't make half the wild claims about "this boy is gonna be big" that you've done in the paste or track down twitter pages of players from the youth teams.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

None of them are regulars. Kingsley is a semi-regular. Fulton gets the odd game but is usually not even on the bench, King has failed altogether, he's 21 now too.

It in all likelihood was a special deal. I stand by that.

I don't make half the wild claims about "this boy is gonna be big" that you've done in the paste or track down twitter pages of players from the youth teams.

I never said anything about being regulars, you just said that none of them would get near the first team as it was all part of a bung to some agent.

Wild claims like? Only "wild claims" I have made over the years are Burke, Tom Crainey and Stuart Armstrong, plus Jordan Archer (who still has time on his hands), the rest have all progressed the way I expect (odd cap wonder's or fall from the picture completely).

49 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I never said anything about being regulars, you just said that none of them would get near the first team as it was all part of a bung to some agent.

Wild claims like? Only "wild claims" I have made over the years are Burke, Tom Crainey and Stuart Armstrong, plus Jordan Archer (who still has time on his hands), the rest have all progressed the way I expect (odd cap wonder's or fall from the picture completely).

Never said that they wouldn't get near the first team.

Merely commented back in Dec 2015 upon their concerning lack of first team action when some people were getting excited about precisely nothing.

Kingsley 21 and no first team appearances.

King aged 20 and one first team appearance, out on loan to an awful Crewe team.

Fulton aged 21 and out on loan to a mediocre Oldham team.

The sad truth that the naive ones on here refuse to accept is that King, Fulton and Kingsley were signed by Swansea as a favour to an agent(s). Happens all the time nowadays.

They have hardly played for Swansea at all since they went down there and are currently out on loan to no hope clubs in the English third tier. Sometimes the truth is hard to accept.

What are our Under 17 squad players upto on twitter then ?

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

You left out Mani giving away free tickets to the Stone Roses in Glasgow.  That was a wild claim.