Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 47 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I did try and read the link but I was just bombarded with pages of annoying adverts popping up on that site.

£20 million though !? :o

15 hours ago, fringo said:

That was my thought too........and Scottish in England.

I don't think there's a problem with Scottish players moving between English clubs in terms of transfer fee. Ross McCormack is living proof of that. The problem is when they are moving from Scotland to England.

I predict that within a season, £200k Stevie Mallan will move from Barnsley to a bigger club for silly money in comparison. Mark my words.

7 hours ago, Marky said:

I don't think there's a problem with Scottish players moving between English clubs in terms of transfer fee. Ross McCormack is living proof of that. The problem is when they are moving from Scotland to England.

I predict that within a season, £200k Stevie Mallan will move from Barnsley to a bigger club for silly money in comparison. Mark my words.

Fair point.

Still....... £20 million !

3 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Are they even in the league?

Aye, League 1 apparently. 

I'm biased (I'm a Thistle fan) but with respect to Oxford I would have thought Liam could have done a bit better than Oxford. He was being linked with Leeds at the turn of the year.

Then again, I remember thinking the same thing when Ryan Fraser signed for Bournemouth - and look where they are now. 

10 hours ago, scotlad said:

Aye, League 1 apparently. 

I'm biased (I'm a Thistle fan) but with respect to Oxford I would have thought Liam could have done a bit better than Oxford. He was being linked with Leeds at the turn of the year.

Then again, I remember thinking the same thing when Ryan Fraser signed for Bournemouth - and look where they are now. 

Aye I felt the same when I read that, from the point of view as I hoped he'd be getting in Scotland squads this season.

Like Murray Wallace in the same division though, a good season would see him move to the Championship, he's still young.

19 hours ago, Marky said:

The problem is when they are moving from Scotland to England.

that is exactly what we want to be happening

we used to produce players who would move on from their Scottish club to England

and the next youth player in their position at the club would take their place

14 hours ago, Bino's said:

we used to produce players who would move on from their Scottish club to England

Yes but they used to go from top division Scottish teams to top division English teams.

14 hours ago, Bino's said:

You're missing my point Binos.

There's plenty of Scottish players going to English clubs. My issue is they're going for buttons. 

2 minutes ago, Marky said:

You're missing my point Binos.

There's plenty of Scottish players going to English clubs. My issue is they're going for buttons. 

I don't know much about Lindsay but £350k for a u21 year old whose played regular first team football and is a potential future international seems like peanuts so confirms your point.

Just now, Hertsscot said:

I don't know much about Lindsay but £350k for a u21 year old whose played regular first team football and is a potential future international seems like peanuts so confirms your point.

There's also something very depressing about a promising Scottish Premiership player being signed by a league one side. 

3 minutes ago, Marky said:

There's also something very depressing about a promising Scottish Premiership player being signed by a league one side. 

Agreed.  I was disappointed when Fraser moved to Bournemouth but it was clear that Bournemouth were on the up, not so sure about Oxford.

Apparently there's another club in for Lindsay now, not sure who though. Possibly a bigger club that has seen the low fee and is willing to take a punt. 

Oxfords manager looks like leaving to be assistant at Leicester so that might make Lindsay think twice about going there 

27 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

You'd hope he could somewhere better than that! 

Hmm but what's best for us? Best that he keeps getting regular first team football first and foremost. Liverpool were mentioned as being interested but would that guarantee first team football? I don't think so. One shoddy performance and the pressure is on at clubs like that. Besides Burnley will be in the same league as Liverpool and so he'll be playing at the same level with a greater guarantee of more first team football.

56 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Hmm but what's best for us? Best that he keeps getting regular first team football first and foremost. Liverpool were mentioned as being interested but would that guarantee first team football? I don't think so. One shoddy performance and the pressure is on at clubs like that. Besides Burnley will be in the same league as Liverpool and so he'll be playing at the same level with a greater guarantee of more first team football.

Liverpool would have seen him playing in the champions league & Also you'd fancy him to get a game there. 

Not a terrible move though. 

5 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

If Milner can hold down the left back spot I'd be pretty confident in Robertson being able to do it. Seems to have a good, level-headed attitude too so I don't think he'd let a big fee go to his head, although admittedly it adds some pressure