Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says in the paper today that arsenal are looking at john souttar as a possible summer signing , wenger hasn't signed a scot in his 19 years in charge

Saints have never signed an Argentinian but I'd take Messi!

If the lad is good enough clubs will sign him regardless of his nationality.

Says in the paper today that arsenal are looking at john souttar as a possible summer signing , wenger hasn't signed a scot in his 19 years in charge

Sorry a real bad move for him that would be. He'd risk becoming a reserve team player there as even United fans would agree he is not going to walk into the first team there. That is not to say he doesn't have the talent but just that he needs first team football. I'd sooner see him go to a club like Swansea or Everton, get some games under his belt 9possibly) and establish himself there and ideally after a year or two move on to a bigger club where first team football will come more easily if things have gone well for him.

Sorry a real bad move for him that would be. He'd risk becoming a reserve team player there as even United fans would agree he is not going to walk into the first team there. That is not to say he doesn't have the talent but just that he needs first team football. I'd sooner see him go to a club like Swansea or Everton, get some games under his belt 9possibly) and establish himself there and ideally after a year or two move on to a bigger club where first team football will come more easily if things have gone well for him.

Agree that his first team appearances may be limited.

Yes however not many Real Madrid players get handed a 5 year contract when they are only 16 years old

Pretty sure they do that with most of their youth players actually!?

But regardless, it's great we have a Scot at the Bernabeu

It might be great to have a Scot, who's a year younger than Harper, at Arsenal.

Charlie Gilmour is a couple of years younger...... big things expected of him, but he switched from Scotland to England last year, yet seems to always hint on Twitter that he could go either way when it comes to being tied down (get the feeling he is one of these kids who considers himself both English and Scottish)

Charlie Gilmour is a couple of years younger...... big things expected of him, but he switched from Scotland to England last year, yet seems to always hint on Twitter that he could go either way when it comes to being tied down (get the feeling he is one of these kids who considers himself both English and Scottish)

I think the above post was regarding John Souttar's potential move to Arsenal.

So wee've lost Charlie Gilmour, MacKenzie Heaney and a few others lately?

So wee've lost Charlie Gilmour, MacKenzie Heaney and a few others lately?

I would not say we have lost yet (as said, he has hinted on Twitter that he could very well switch back.... seems to ALWAYS post photos of himself in action for Scotland and his Scotland shirts)

I would say there is question marks on Alex Davy as well due to his lack of involvement recently (granted he is just back from injury and think its a case of waiting to see if he will be in the next U21 sqaud, as I think that is his level now), and Ruben Sammut seems to come and go in squads (but do not recall him being in any England or Malta squads, and Chelsea still list him as a Scotland International)

I would not say we have lost yet (as said, he has hinted on Twitter that he could very well switch back.... seems to ALWAYS post photos of himself in action for Scotland and his Scotland shirts)

I would say there is question marks on Alex Davy as well due to his lack of involvement recently (granted he is just back from injury and think its a case of waiting to see if he will be in the next U21 sqaud, as I think that is his level now), and Ruben Sammut seems to come and go in squads (but do not recall him being in any England or Malta squads, and Chelsea still list him as a Scotland International)

Yes it looks like Gilmore has decided to try out both squads, his profile picture last time i checked was him in a scotland shirt (playing). he is dad is involved with coaching for scotland at youth level so how embarrassing would it be for him if his kid decides to go with england !

Alex Davey said in an interview a while back that once he switched to scotland that was it for him as he was pissed off england didnt call him up, but we all know how fickle football players can be and he was one of the two chelsea players (feruz being the other) that strachan said he had watched previously that have ended up in "no mans land" so I don't expect to be seeing him playing for scotland again any time soon (at any level)

how does Sammut qualify for us ?

As has been said before. They should need to declare at 16 which country they choose. All this going back and forward is pish.

I think the opposite, why should a kid that young be forced to decide who he is. Fine for 99% who are not of dual nationality But for those that are and happy to be both I'm sure it's a tough choice to pick one.

I think people like you should just have to accept it as is.

I think the opposite, why should a kid that young be forced to decide who he is. Fine for 99% who are not of dual nationality But for those that are and happy to be both I'm sure it's a tough choice to pick one.

I think people like you should just have to accept it as is.

I think at 16 you should know, hell I've known all my life. Why should we get stuck with c*nts that are too shite for their own country. Its bullshit

I think at 16 you should know, hell I've known all my life. Why should we get stuck with c*nts that are too shite for their own country. Its bullshit

So are you half English half Scottish, parents from both? Brought up being both? If not then you don't have a clue.

So are you half English half Scottish, parents from both? Brought up being both? If not then you don't have a clue.

No but im sure at 16 I'd be able to know who I wanted to play for! The only ones changing their minds are the ones who aren't good enough for England.

Goodmove for the hairy hippy, lost his way a wee bit down south. :ok:

He picked the wrong team to go to. Wednesday was never going to suit his game. The guy is lethal in front of goal if used correctly.

He picked the wrong team to go to. Wednesday was never going to suit his game. The guy is lethal in front of goal if used correctly.

From what I have seen of Stevie I agree, he was prolific in front of goal last season for Saints and was one of their key players in the scottish cup campaign.

From what I have seen of Stevie I agree, he was prolific in front of goal last season for Saints and was one of their key players in the scottish cup campaign.

It wasn't just last season. He was great in the years before that at Saints, Alloa, Hamilton then Saints again. The laddie has something. He is not another Goodwillie.

It wasn't just last season. He was great in the years before that at Saints, Alloa, Hamilton then Saints again. The laddie has something. He is not another Goodwillie.

still young enough to recover from a bad move, another example of when moving down south can hinder your progress