Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 52 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21 August 2017 at 4:50 PM, borojock said:

if he gets game time would be a good move for him that as he seems to be a fair bit behind Olsson at the moment at swansea

Clement obviously doesn't fancy him.  He's hardly been involved since he took over. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Good move for Burke. Will definitely get game time

Exactly, a lot of negativity floating about but the bottom line is one of our u21's has just joined a top division English team for 15 million. A big deal in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

Exactly, a lot of negativity floating about but the bottom line is one of our u21's has just joined a top division English team for 15 million. A big deal in my opinion.

Could easily have three Scots on the pitch at one time at WBA.  He'll get game time and exposure which is absolutely the most important thing at 20.

Playing for a well disciplined team in a competitive league can only be good for Scotland

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

Of course Tierney is a better player than Robertson.  Jesus wept.

Robertson will be a squad player for Liverpool.  Anyone who thinks he's good enough to be a regular starter for a team meant to be challenging for the Premier League and competing in the Champions League is living in cloud cuckoo land.  He got dropped and hooked by Hull regularly.

believe he was man of the match last week was he not?

edit : I believe correctly  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40908329

Not bad for a squad player.

Edited by ShedTA

14 minutes ago, JECK said:

Aye 33 EPL appearances last season for hull - no bad for someone "dropped and hooked regularly"

it feels at times as if, if players don't come through celtic or rangers then they are dismissed by many. its a common theme.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

it feels at times as if, if players don't come through celtic or rangers then they are dismissed by many. its a common theme.

Pasta Mick's bad for that. If there is no tenous Tim link, the player is automatically pish. 

On 22/08/2017 at 10:19 AM, macy37 said:

Bridcutt away to Forest.

I think I'm the only one who rates him as decent on here. Forest assembling a good squad.

I'm in for two. I don't see him getting a cap while Fletch continue to take up a place just to be the mascot tho. Brown and Fletcher are probably gone after this campaign, so I'd imagine Bridcutt may still get some caps in the future.

5 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

And has taken a step backwards and dropped down a level to do it.   That's the bottom line. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

And has taken a step backwards and dropped down a level to do it.   That's the bottom line. 

That's not the bottom line, that's your bottom line.

Playing a bit part at a CL club has only so much value.  If Burke is playing every week in the EPL, then he's made the right choice.  Besides, this is his decision and not yours.  I highly doubt he's moved back to England because he lacks ambition.