Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

still young enough to recover from a bad move, another example of when moving down south can hinder your progress

Our youngsters need to realise that going to England is harming their progress. I'd love a batch of our laddies to try mainland Europe.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't go to Europe if nobody asks them.

I don't doubt that they do get offers. It's just most see the Championship as an easier option.

It's not just a Scottish problem. How many English, Irish and Welsh international players have moved abroad? If you take away America as an option there are just 3 'home nations' players (Bale, Spain; Gauld, Portugal & Lafferty, Turkey) that have been called up by their county in the last 12 months that play in Europe but outside the UK/Ireland.

3 players! Gauld was only called up so the manager could get a closer look at him and Lafferty is on loan from Norwich. So there is really 1 international player from the 5 countries that is at club outside an English speaking country.

It would be more if you included US based players but I don't think that it is a move that a younger player is likely to make. There are also some non-internationals playing around Europe with Micah Richards and Ashley Cole being the most high profile.

There is so much money in England and our education system doesn't set us up to want to move abroad and learn a new language and lifestyle.

The SFA performance schools should encourage players to look at Spain, France, Portugal, Germany and Italy as options for their career.

I don't and I didn't say that I did.

How do you know they are? It's never really mentioned.

I don't for one second believe that at any one time there can be half a dozen English Championship teams looking at a player without the likes of Dutch or Belgian teams being alerted. It's the modern game. Agents are connected all across Europe.

I don't for one second believe that at any one time there can be half a dozen English Championship teams looking at a player without the likes of Dutch or Belgian teams being alerted. It's the modern game. Agents are connected all across Europe.

indeed i know of at least 3 hearts players who have

One of my parents is Welsh but if I was good enough for any interntaional team to have been looking at me when I was 16 it would be a no brainer. Scotland. I can understand it can be a difficult call for some youngsters but if you are not 100% committed to the cause or fancy England over us then they can jog on! I'd rather have a team of players wanting to play for Scotland instead of not quite making the grade for England but fancying a shot at international football so picking us!

Tbh I'd like to see may stick it out for a bit longer at Wednesday. They haven't had any real wingers this season gone, but they've just had a takeover and have a bit of money now. Supply should be a lot better next season, so May should get a chance to show what he can do. He hasn't even had a full year in the Championship, so to run away up to Aberdeen now would be a really pussy move.

Tbh I'd like to see may stick it out for a bit longer at Wednesday. They haven't had any real wingers this season gone, but they've just had a takeover and have a bit of money now. Supply should be a lot better next season, so May should get a chance to show what he can do. He hasn't even had a full year in the Championship, so to run away up to Aberdeen now would be a really pussy move.

He's had a chance there, a lot of games and had a pretty poor season goalscoring wise.

I agree he should stick it out there like Maguire has but I think May is well, well down the pecking order for us to be honest

Erwin being chased by Celtic, Leeds and Sheff Weds apparently. There were lots of scouts in the stand at the Killie game, I assume they were up to watch Erwin, maybe a couple of the younger Killie players?

Kiltie was the only youngster who'd have given a scout anything to think about from our team on friday.

O'Hara, Slater, Johnston etc have gone backwards under Locke.

He's had a chance there, a lot of games and had a pretty poor season goalscoring wise.

I agree he should stick it out there like Maguire has but I think May is well, well down the pecking order for us to be honest

Really? Seems odd. From what I can see, Nuhiu started 7 more games and only managed 1 more goal. Bus didn't really play at all, Lavery spent most of the season on loan and Maguire plays wide. To me it looks like the striker position is wide open and anyone who shows a bit of form can take it. We've seen over the few years before his move that Stevie May knows where the goal is, so he can definitely make a go of it if he's getting better supply. I'd definitely see throwing in the towel now and heading to Aberdeen as a worrying sign of his mentality and belief in himself.

Polish side Lech Poznan will demand £500,000 from Celtic for left back Barry Douglas. (Daily Record)

Wonder if he has been watched by Strachan? He's playing regularly and scoring out there. Will they be in the champions league next season?

Wonder if he has been watched by Strachan? He's playing regularly and scoring out there. Will they be in the champions league next season?

No idea if he has been watched (IIRC was he not sent off in the Polish Cup final a few weeks ago?) but in terms of Champions League, I think Polish league still has a few more weeks to go and at moment it is neck and neck between Poznan at top of the league and Legia in 2nd (plus a unpronounceable team in 3rd place lol) with only a point between them.

Polish side Lech Poznan will demand £500,000 from Celtic for left back Barry Douglas. (Daily Record)

sounds like agent talk to me with him wanting a move back to UK. i cant see Celtic paying for a left back with izagueri (sp?) and that young boy coming through.

(plus a unpronounceable team in 3rd place lol) with only a point between them.

The Jaga. My girlfriends home team. When I first went to visit her brother bought me the top and I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Red and yellow hoops with a big J on the badge. The polish Jags.

Pronounced yagalonia Bee-a-wisstok.