Stv Debate - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough gig for Sturgeon tonight. I expect she's in for a pretty tough time on recent accusations and I get feeling opposition parties see FFA as the new attack line. She'll also be pressed on college cuts and other Scottish issues. If she gets out of this unscathed, she'll have done well IMO. Not comfortable about this one at all.

That said, this will be Murphy's first real, big test. I don't think he's a TV friendly personality at all and this is likely to be the first time many Scottish voters get to see him. Regardless of how well Sturgeon does, he's also in for a tough shift persuading voters to opt for Labour.

Sturgeon should ignore the LibDems and the Tories, and focus on getting some well timed jabs in on Murphy and get him riled.

While last weeks debate was great, I expect this will be an uncomfortable night for the SNP. And I expect the press to go to town tomorrow on it. In that respect, this is ten times more important than last weeks debate.

I can see this being a pretty uncomfortable night for Nicola. Who's chairing this debate?

I can see Murphy, Rennie, and Davidson all focusing everything on Sturgeon.

I thought the UKIP clown was taking part, or is that the BBC one tomorrow

that would make sense actually, the Beeb love UKIP! Is Patrick Harvie not involved at all?

At least they didn't allocate the audience based on current Westminster seat count.

Any odds on Murphy walking off stage?...

What about carried off in a body bag?

Or the odds on him apologising for thieving 1m in expenses over his time as an Mp?

Tough gig for Sturgeon tonight. I expect she's in for a pretty tough time on recent accusations and I get feeling opposition parties see FFA as the new attack line. She'll also be pressed on college cuts and other Scottish issues. If she gets out of this unscathed, she'll have done well IMO. Not comfortable about this one at all.

That said, this will be Murphy's first real, big test. I don't think he's a TV friendly personality at all and this is likely to be the first time many Scottish voters get to see him. Regardless of how well Sturgeon does, he's also in for a tough shift persuading voters to opt for Labour.

Sturgeon should ignore the LibDems and the Tories, and focus on getting some well timed jabs in on Murphy and get him riled.

While last weeks debate was great, I expect this will be an uncomfortable night for the SNP. And I expect the press to go to town tomorrow on it. In that respect, this is ten times more important than last weeks debate.

What's FFA?

I can see this being a pretty uncomfortable night for Nicola. Who's chairing this debate?

that would make sense actually, the Beeb love UKIP! Is Patrick Harvie not involved at all?

Bernie Ponsonby chairing I believe. Usually pretty good at these.

Harvie & Coburn are in the BBC debate tomorrow.

Think I'll record this and watch Motherwell v St Mirren...

I can see Murphy, Rennie, and Davidson all focusing everything on Sturgeon.

Both David Coburn and Patrick Harvie will be on the BBC debate tomorrow.

Good of Coburn to visit Scotland.

He's standing in my constituency. I'm torn between voting properly or writing "is a bigoted khunt" after where is says "David Coburn" on the ballot paper.

Full Fiscal Autonomy. The SNP's new "bae".

Ah right, cheers.

Considering that, before the referendum, this is probably what most folk in Scotland wanted, I'm not sure it would be beneficial for the unionists to attack her on this. High risk strategy for them, I think.

the Daily Boss.

:lol:

The press have helpfully created some attack lines in the previous few days for Murphy etc to fire at Sturgeon - however what the press and Labour perhaps did not anticipate was how quickly they'd be debunked. If he tries these lines they will rebound straight back on him now. Murphy Coyote indeed...

I thought I was au fait with latest terminology and acronyms, but what does "bae" mean?

If you hear that word, it means the person you are speaking to is a khunt. :ok:

Ah right, cheers.

Considering that, before the referendum, this is probably what most folk in Scotland wanted, I'm not sure it would be beneficial for the unionists to attack her on this. High risk strategy for them, I think.

Absolutely, they're going full frontal assault on what could very well be their only hope of saving the Union (in name at least) one day.

Maybe. Being what the majority wanted doesn't mean the majority won't see Sturgeon toil - there's no easy way to explain away Scotland's finances other than say Westminster got us into this sh*t and we don't have enough power to get us out of it. It would be true but that doesn't make it an easy sell. And technically, the majority support Devo Max - Full Fiscal Autonomy sounds like a whole other scary beast for those easily swayed by Unionist obfuscation.

I would like to see somebody ask Murphy about tuition fees. Why did he think tuition fees are OK for current students when he wasted 9 years at University, got it for free and didn't even get a degree at the end of it? I would prefer if it was somebody other than Nicola who asked him though.

I thought I was au fait with latest terminology and acronyms, but what does "bae" mean?

It's a term that khunts use to describe their boyfriend or girlfriend after they've been together for more than 48 hours.

If you hear that word, it means the person you are speaking to is a khunt. :ok:

:ok:

I would like to see somebody ask Murphy about tuition fees. Why did he think tuition fees are OK for current students when he wasted 9 years at University, got it for free and didn't even get a degree at the end of it? I would prefer if it was somebody other than Nicola who asked him though.

No, no, no. I disagree.

It must be Nicola who gets this in first and she needs to go in hard. This and war-mongering Labour is Murphy's biggest weakness. She should smack him hard with because it's the most likely thing to rile him. Tuition fees is her strongest card tonight and Sturgeon needs to make sure it's her that plays it.