Plastic Whistle Vs Motherwell Thread And Score Predictions - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Plastic Whistle Vs Motherwell Thread And Score Predictions

Any decent pubs close to Firhill or are we better heading to pubs on Gt Western Road ?

We went to the Star and Garter last season, was a mix of motherwell and jags fans, stones throw from the turnstiles, football memorabilia on the walls and had the early Ko on the tv....

A wee bit premature since Thistle are playing tomorrow. You could be 7 points adrift of us in 24 hours.

We haven't conceded in our last three and all against 'top 6' sides.

Two wins at home on the trot, should have been three on Saturday.

Nae idea what the score will be, but it'll be a lot closer than the game earlier.

As for pubs; you can drink in the city centre, Byres Road or Great Western Road. They're all within walking/cheap taxi distance.

A wee bit premature since Thistle are playing tomorrow. You could be 7 points adrift of us in 24 hours.

Nae idea what the score will be, but it'll be a lot closer than the game earlier.

As for pubs; you can drink in the city centre, Byres Road or Great Western Road. They're all within walking/cheap taxi distance.

Motherwell's front 4 will roast almost every side in the league in the form they are in. We have shored up at the back even with Strake outta Compton at left back and bar brain fats from long we look pretty solid. Pearo and Lasley are playing well together so I hope it's nothing more than a minor knock the big yin has picked up tonight. The players are loving it just now and believe they can win every game they play. Even I was surprised when a couple said that.

Motherwell to sneak this one 2-1 i think, could easily be a draw, like Olas said Partick are playing well again and defence on form, be interesting see how they come up against Skippy and Erwin who are on fire at the moment.

A lot of people were p1ssed off with Aberdeens performance on Saturday prompting comments like "we were lucky to get a point", etc, etc. In the cold light of day, both teams had chances, and other than that Partick (for Charlie :wink2: ) set out to stiffle and get the draw. You managed that and it was a fair result. You did not deserve 3 points.

Cant make it on Saturday - I'm gutted :(

Again no idea how this will go. Should be a good game though. Negative me had picked two draws in the last two games so I think i'll stick with that

Cant help thinking we need to get something though as you'd expect County to beat St Mirren on Monday night and a loss for us would mean being 6 and 7 points behind our nearest rivals going into the split.

Cant make it on Saturday - I'm gutted :(

Again no idea how this will go. Should be a good game though. Negative me had picked two draws in the last two games so I think i'll stick with that

Cant help thinking we need to get something though as you'd expect County to beat St Mirren on Monday night and a loss for us would mean being 6 and 7 points behind our nearest rivals going into the split.

Good point.

We are in a similar (though not quite as bad) position on Saturday to St Mirren last night. If we lose and Ross county win, we're a bit detached in 11th and looking for favours.

We are playing well just now, showing all the qualities that were missing earlier in the season.

Can't say it's not exciting though!

We went to the Star and Garter last season, was a mix of motherwell and jags fans, stones throw from the turnstiles, football memorabilia on the walls and had the early Ko on the tv....

We went there after the last game with Motherwell. Thought it was abit of a dive.

We went there after the last game with Motherwell. Thought it was abit of a dive.

It's a complete cowp with little to recommend it (apart from being cheap and close to the ground). Far better (and more civilised) options on Great Western Road.

Edited by Charlie Endell

:blush: Apologies, you are at celtic park tonight. The glasgow derby :ok:

:blush: Apologies, you are at celtic park tonight. The glasgow derby :ok:

Heard plastic thistle played exceptionally well up until the sending off on 44 mins, should be a cracking game on Saturday.

I presume the player that was red carded wont be available for the motherwell game, will he be a significant loss?

Heard plastic thistle played exceptionally well up until the sending off on 44 mins, should be a cracking game on Saturday.

I presume the player that was red carded wont be available for the motherwell game, will he be a significant loss?

James craigen it was. He is actually a very intelligent footballer but is very much hot and cold for the jags. I would imagine Gary Fraser will come in for him. He is a far more talented player.

As a side I echo Charlie's sentiments re the star and garter. It's a total dive and fecking stinks man! Only really plays at being a thistle bar now as well now. Great western road has loads of options and it's only an additional 5 min walk to the group. Train to Central, subway to St George's cross and jackpot.

I like Craigen as a player. He's energetic, clever and delivers a good pass. His shooting is shite, but he's not a striker.

Anyway, we won't miss him much with Fraser coming into the side. His shooting is outstanding. And we need to shoot today.

If anyone owes us a game, it's Higginbotham. He has been pish-poor this season and I cannot recall one decent-ish game.

Have watched the game around this time last season... Hearts 2-4 Thistle. Higgy's celebration will live long in the memory. Probably meant more to him than it did the fans, amazingly. So that's my bet today. Cheeky 20 euro on a daft score and hope for the best.

This is our season today. Utterly baffling that a team with a positive goal difference at the start of play today could go into the play-off spots this late in the season. Thistle are like Scotland in that regard. If it hasn't been done before, we'll find a way.