Polls - Page 37 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just read through them all. There are some absolutely huge Labour majorities in that lot, still find it hard to think the SNP will take as many seats as being predicted. Think some of the names I'd love to see out of a job might survive (sadly). Tom Clarke losing a 21k majority must be unheard of, even if it's predicted as a narrow marginal seat.

The thing about FPTP is, that if the swing to the SNP in Coatbridge is so huge that it reduces Clarke's majority to one - he still holds the seat.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will never forget Ruth Davidson's smug comments about the postal votes on the eve of the referendum.

Still hurts

Will never forget the pollster at 10.30pm on the 18th saying No had won ...

Worse than Gazza's goal in 1996

Postal votes that nobody is supposed to know about rumours

Play it again sam

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/postal-vote-rumours.html

''In contention in more than half the seats''...is still a disaster for Labour.

If they can't stroll the postal votes that means they've got absolutely no chance at all on the day.

They're probably saying that in some of the seats the postal votes are showing 40% Labour votes. Come Thursday the SNP will win these seats easily.

If Labour were actually doing really well, they wouldn't hide it in such conservative (small c) language.

They're ####ed.

YouGov's nowcast has:

• Angus - SNP
  • Dundee East - SNP
  • Moray - SNP
  • Banff & Buchan - Likely SNP (possible Con gain)
  • Eilean Siar - Likely SNP (possible Lab gain)
  • Perth & North Perthshire - Likely SNP (possible Con gain)

''In contention in more than half the seats''...is still a flipping disaster for Labour.

If they can't stroll the postal votes that means they've got absolutely no chance at all on the day.

They're probably saying that in some of the seats the postal votes are showing 40% Labour votes. Come Thursday the SNP will win these seats easily.

If Labour were actually doing really well, they wouldn't hide it in such conservative (small c) language.

They're ####ed.

Hope so

Couldnt take another Sept 19th

YouGov's nowcast has:

• Angus - SNP
  • Dundee East - SNP
  • Moray - SNP

The Western Isles will have an absolutely honking major SNP majority. The biggest in Scotland. "The Western Isles is more Scottish than Scotland" infamous words from a pal of mine when he visited Jockland in 2011.

Pete Wishart will be back in Westminsiter too, and quite right being the best MP on Twitter too.

Not a scoob about Banff and Buchan, but Eilidh has even the Labour candidate in 2010 voting for her, so I think we'll be home and hosed.

There may well be an increase in Tory voters in these areas, but it'll be minor stuff - 1% etc.

I'm not naive though, I think the likes of Tom Clarke's 67% of the vote majority in Coatbridge is going to be very hard to overturn even if Phil is a popular local candidate. There's a bit of value in Clarke being returned at 5/4. Same with Murphy in Renfrewshire East.

I think we'll end up about with between 40-45 MPs. We lost any of the 6 we already have.

I'm looking at sticking money on SNP less than 49.5 seats @ 5/6 (someone mentioned this a few days ago on PaddyPower)

Tom Clarke to hold his seat @ 5/4 and looking at Tom Greatrex to hold Rutherglen and Hamilton West (my current constituency).

Edited by Souness' 'tache

The Western Isles will have an absolutely honking major SNP majority. The biggest in Scotland. "The Western Isles is more Scottish than Scotland" infamous words from a pal of mine when he visited Jockland in 2011.

Aye, but it voted NO.... .. so no really all that Scottish... ......

I'm not naive though, I think the likes of Tom Clarke's 67% of the vote majority in Coatbridge is going to be very hard to overturn even if Phil is a popular local candidate. There's a bit of value in Clarke being returned at 5/4. Same with Murphy in Renfrewshire East.

My mate at work is from Motherwell & said that the Catholic Church are telling the members to vote for a party that does not advocate any more austerity

Whilst they are not coming right out and saying vote SNP they are more or less hinting it

If the same is happening around the Catholic community of Coatbridge that has carried Clarke all these years then he could be on a shaky nail

As someone in that Guardian video stated - if Coatbridge goes SNP then they could win every seat

My mate at work is from Motherwell & said that the Catholic Church are telling the members to vote for a party that does not advocate any more austerity

Whilst they are not coming right out and saying vote SNP they are more or less hinting it

If the same is happening around the Catholic community of Coatbridge that has carried Clarke all these years then he could be on a shaky nail

As someone in that Guardian video stated - if Coatbridge goes SNP then they could win every seat

Pretty interesting, I didn't know that.

I'm a Catholic and we had very similar soundbites pre Indyref ''Vote with your heart and who you think will better our nation'' or thereabouts.

We'll soon see. Roll on Thursday now.

This has me even more paronoid, i am going to be shitting myself come friday although i found this "All the indications are that Banff and Buchan delivered a majority for Yes, against the trend in other parts of Aberdeenshire, and I am immensely proud of the people who chose hope over fear. Elidgh Whiteford"

<p>

YouGov's nowcast has:

• Angus - SNP
  • Dundee East - SNP
  • Moray - SNP
Edited by hampden_loon2878

With regards to banff and buchan i emailed the local snp branch and they said "Canvassing finished. Results looking good for us but never take anything for granted.We have labour vote going to SNP even had Tory votes going to the SNP" thats put my mind at rest for just now

Edited by hampden_loon2878

It's 2015 - pretty depressing if anyone still votes according to how they are directed by their church (any church), but I suppose that influence is still there.

It could happen on the day though...

Hopefully we can gain East Renfrewshire.

East ren is a messed up place with complete extremes of wealth and poverty. I really would love to see that prock Murphy lose his seat, I hate him. Hard to gauge here in Barrhead how its going to go.

Accosted by heid yin oot local ludge yesterday , easy points made and rebuffed ,not informed well.

what i didn't know was that there were no foodbanks till the snp took over , and labour did away with

the bedroom tax . This is a man who preaches to the young and thick of my community . He is only one of hundreds who are doing this, misinformation off the stupid scale.

Hope so

Couldnt take another Sept 19th

What would make another 19th out of interest? -40 seats? -30? Murphy returned?

My sole interest in this election is Clark returned, SNP can take 58 for all I care. If clark loses I'll be disappointed, I'll be disgusted by the sheer stupidity of my fellow constituents, but it won't come close to the heartache of Indyref.

It's 2015 - pretty depressing if anyone still votes according to how they are directed by their church (any church), but I suppose that influence is still there.

Totally

As much as you want to unfortunately you cant make some people think for themselves

There will always be those that want to be sheep

What would make another 19th out of interest? -40 seats? -30? Murphy returned?

Yes probably

Want to see Labour wiped out more or less