Jim Murphy (Again!) - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jim Murphy (Again!)

I trust MK is disagreeing with Sturgeon & Salmond then.

Sturgeon and Salmond, in the middle of a campaign, can hardly say anything else.

Cove - do you consider his reporting balanced?

Edited by mariokempes56

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen him on TV. At one point smiling (his best news day), then putting on the angry voice to tell the reporter something about ugly nationalism, something about our culture, our flag, not belonging to nationalists...

I see some BBC commentator saying something like 'we shouldn't be seeing these scenes...' (as in, in a democracy) but what actually happened? A demo and a counter-demo...? Part of democracy...? more than Cameron turning up for a haggis breakfast in Scottish Widows? Miliband in a closed-doors Swimming Centre? These guys are trying to be leaders of 'our country' - the UK - yet they hardly set foot in front of the public. At least Murphy does that - but then complains when people talk back.

It's a scenario Murphy and his gaggle of reporters have been waiting for. It would seem it has been pre-planned with maximum reporting fall out and a last through of the dice to win back anyone suitably gullible to be taking in by this. Those who are confirming it is illustrative of "nationalist" actions against "democracy" are as contemptible as all those involved.

yes i get that

just been on the BBC news... finally we see the actual protestors..., one of them is running near Murphy shouting something about Iraq. In any other context you'd say this was an anti-Iraq protestor.

Hardlly the death of democracy

It was reasonably balanced in the sense it actually interviewed the protestors (who said something like 'democracy dead'), and did not just give Murphy's view. A fair minded viewer could conclude it was just a rowdy hustings event...

Edited by exile

Belting innocent wee lassies and running amok was a 'victory party'.

Very good.

Utter bollox, nobody was belted

King - what an exaggeration. The girls were merely spat on, had bottles thrown at them, were jostled, had their flag ripped out their hands and then arrested. But they were not belted - how anyone could think that is beyond me..........

Bollox

I think he's referring to the girls with the saltire in George Square. Okay, maybe they weren't 'belted' but they were physically attacked.

They were not physically attacked

What's a leap - "assault"? I described to you what happened. If you don't consider having bottles thrown at you, your belongings ripped from your hand and being jostled as assault then so be it..........

Nobody threw bottles at them & tbf with the rest of it if they want to go around assaulting people then just the fact they are female doesn't mean they should get away with it

Aye, because most people in Glasgow are Irish Republicans (or Irish for that matter). :rolleyes:

Not at all, but at the big SNP/hope over fear rally last week, an IRA supporting republican band were heartily cheered by a large part of the crowd, so I can see where that view is born from

Clearly they were concerned that Sturgeon's high heels were winning votes...

284C9E9500000578-3067268-image-m-15_1430

I feel like Chandler in that episode of Friends where he makes a bet that he wont make jokes or catty remarks

However i think that photo tells a lot

It is completely surreal which totally depicts Scottish Labour

Clearly they were concerned that Sturgeon's high heels were winning votes...

284C9E9500000578-3067268-image-m-15_1430

Victim card played. Last through of the dice jimbo ?

Dont let the door hit you in the arse on the way out, hope its good riddance to you and yours on friday post election.

Some clown could have punched Murphy in the face and I'd still vote SNP on Thursday. Not sure why the actions of a couple of idiots would change someone's voting intentions.

I dispise what Scottish labour stand for these days. Completely unvotable and they've learned nothing from the referendum, ffs 45% voted to end the union and they still attack the SNP, bizarre tactic.

Just for the record... wasn't that someone shouting "justify the Iraq War!" to Murphy about 3 times and then Murphy concludes something like "this is the problem with nationalism" - so it's absolutely clear he is spinning for the cameras, but the cameras caught what the guy was really protesting about

and... another chappie didn't he actually have an English accent? Not that it matters except the amount of bile being vented online against SNP and Scots for being racist fascist etc. ... meaning... not quite the stereotype of tartan natz that is being portrayed. I wonder if Eddie will be told...

Edited by exile

If someone physically stronger than you forcibly takes something from you, leaving you ground, how would you describe the incident? It was an unnecessary attack on two young girls by an older, physically stronger person who should have known better.

You're defending the indefensible here.

Just for the record... wasn't that someone shouting "justify the Iraq War!" to Murphy about 3 times and then Murphy concludes something like "this is the problem with nationalism" - so it's absolutely clear he is spinning for the cameras, but the cameras caught what the guy was really protesting about

and... another chappie didn't he actually have an English accent? Not that it matters except the amount of bile being vented online against SNP and Scots for being racist fascist etc. ... meaning... not quite the stereotype of tartan natz that is being portrayed. I wonder if Eddie will be told...

Yup, the guys called Piers Doughty-brown ir something like that and he is indeed English. Sean Clerkin is a serial protestor and theres nothing wrong with that. Best video going around is the wee guy who plays the imperial death march, anyway, he was blaring out "goodbye, farewell, auf wiedersen adieu" only for some Labour twot to tell him it was a nazi anthem from The Sound of Music. Jings.

I'd normally defend Cook but his tweeting on this incident was at best inflammatory. He described it as 'Absolute chaos on the streets of Glasgow' and had a pic stating JM trying to be heard over protestors when it was infact the Lab activists in shot. On phone so I can't paste it I'm afraid.

Made it out to be far worse than it was.

I'd normally defend Cook but his tweeting on this incident was at best inflammatory. He described it as 'Absolute chaos on the streets of Glasgow' and had a pic stating JM trying to be heard over protestors when it was infact the Lab activists in shot. On phone so I can't paste it I'm afraid.

Made it out to be far worse than it was.

This was Cook's original tweet:

absolutechaos1.jpg

The videos show that there were about thirty or forty people in Murphy's rent-a-mob and half a dozen or so counter-demonstrators (for want of a better description); and Murphy had his own PA system. As embarrassing as the counter-demonstrations may have been, there was no 'chaos'. Unless Cook's comment was tongue in cheek (and given the context, I can't imagine why it would have been) having seen that I don't know how anyone can defend him as being a fair and balanced journalist.

For the avoidance of doubt, here is a video from one of the counter-demonstrators. I'll leave you all to make your own minds up but in my opinion the guy who filmed it comes across as a bit of an annoying fanny (it is the same boy who 'doorstepped' Labout outside Tollcross swimming pool the other week) but there is no 'chaos' evident here.

Bollox

Nobody threw bottles at them & tbf with the rest of it if they want to go around assaulting people then just the fact they are female doesn't mean they should get away with it

Not at all, but at the big SNP/hope over fear rally last week, an IRA supporting republican band were heartily cheered by a large part of the crowd, so I can see where that view is born from

Daily Mail and Daily Record both reported the above. Not saying they are unscrupulous sources but given those involved, a reasonable source. What is your source for your confident interpretation of events?

Bollox

Was that an SNP rally ?? I thought Tommy Sheridan and others had organised that one.

Edited by Jacobite

Alex Thompson blog. Not his biggest fan and he has always been held up on this board as the seeker of truth and justice.

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/scotland-labour-jim-murphy-eddie-izzard-scottish-national-party/9501

I used to think he was reasonable. Now just as big a twat as the rest.. sad

shout him down :-)) :-)) dear god just admit what happened yesterday was bad for nationalism and move on. The SNP will clean up on Thursday, they don't need the mob shock troops to push their cause.

shout him down :-)) :-)) dear god just admit what happened yesterday was bad for nationalism and move on. The SNP will clean up on Thursday, they don't need the mob shock troops to push their cause.

What are you on about? Yesterday isn't relevant and I didn't mention it. Over the last month he's shown his bias to be as evident as the others.

:lol:

As Scotland's fairest and most balanced journalist, Mr. Cook says:

"If I walked down Buchanan Street wearing yellow and singing Cap in Hand, you would say I was deliberately singing out of tune".