Game Of Thrones - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound like Johnathen Ross. ;-)

There was a minor distraction...

that's not a good sound,

Balon Greyjoy wins the war of 5 kings though, last man standing it seems. Although i don't think we saw Stannis die, and i suspect the fact he said "do your duty" to Breinne might jolt her to go and save Sansa instead of running him through, not sure. In the books the attack on Winterfell hasn't happened on screen, Sansa isn't there and Brienne is still in the Riverlands as well.

that's not a good sound,

Balon Greyjoy wins the war of 5 kings though, last man standing it seems. Although i don't think we saw Stannis die, and i suspect the fact he said "do your duty" to Breinne might jolt her to go and save Sansa instead of running him through, not sure. In the books the attack on Winterfell hasn't happened on screen, Sansa isn't there and Brienne is still in the Riverlands as well.

I think I am going to have to read the final two books again to try and bring me back to the plot. I certainly remember Brienne's destiny following a different course. The humiliation of Cersei Lannister was very well done though.

I think I am going to have to read the final two books again to try and bring me back to the plot. I certainly remember Brienne's destiny following a different course. The humiliation of Cersei Lannister was very well done though.

She is in the Riverlands with pod. Then gets picked up by the brotherhood without banners, Thoros the red priests crowd. Jaime and Bronn never go to Dorne. Jaime is in the process of laying siege to Riverrun and also in the Riverlands.

I wonder how long Trystane lasts since they killed Mycella about 20 yards off the Dornish cost by poison. So the only heir to Martell is at the mercy of the lannisters. It's not good chess to swap your king for the queen.

that's not a good sound,

Comic book rule - if you don't see the dead body, they're not dead and even if you still see the body, they might not be dead. I think Stannis is alive, though I can't see what purpose it would serve the story now as he's lost his heir, his army and his red priestess.

I just hope GRRM can get the next book out before the 6th series, I've given up on him getting book 7 out before series 7 though.

***SPOILER ON THE OFF CHANCE ANYONE READING HASN'T SEEN LAST NIGHTS*****

I read a review in the Telegraph this morning that said "Jon Snow is too significant a character to remain dead". I'm assuming whoever wrote has watched any of the previous 5 series!! Have to admit though I didn't see that coming and thought the story was heading towards Jon, Tyrion and Daneyrs leading the way in some sort of Westeros triumvirate. It seems too obvious to assume that JS will somehow come back, especially as Kit Harrington is quoted as saying he won't be! I agree that I'm not sure Stannis is dead as we didn't see the final blow. Likewise with The Hound from the end of last season, we didn't actually see him die, only (seemingly) fatally wounded so I wouldn't be surprised to see him again. Theon and Sansa seemed to be trying to escape by jumping in to the snow (as opposed to commiting suicide to avoid Ramsey) but surely that jump would have been too high? And WTF is going with Arya's storyline?!

***SPOILER ON THE OFF CHANCE ANYONE READING HASN'T SEEN LAST NIGHTS*****

I read a review in the Telegraph this morning that said "Jon Snow is too significant a character to remain dead". I'm assuming whoever wrote has watched any of the previous 5 series!! Have to admit though I didn't see that coming and thought the story was heading towards Jon, Tyrion and Daneyrs leading the way in some sort of Westeros triumvirate. It seems too obvious to assume that JS will somehow come back, especially as Kit Harrington is quoted as saying he won't be! I agree that I'm not sure Stannis is dead as we didn't see the final blow. Likewise with The Hound from the end of last season, we didn't actually see him die, only (seemingly) fatally wounded so I wouldn't be surprised to see him again. Theon and Sansa seemed to be trying to escape by jumping in to the snow (as opposed to commiting suicide to avoid Ramsey) but surely that jump would have been too high? And WTF is going with Arya's storyline?!

Agree with all of the above - but have to say didnt see the jon snow thing coming. though we should know by now that the series seems to kill off any characters that you might actually be starting to like!!

FB - you didnt mention Cersei's walk of shame! a bit harrowing that. kind of changes the feeling that she is a b*tch and deserved what was coming to her to now being on her side now - and hoping she wreaks terrible revenge upon the wierdo's. and I think she will. it isnt clear either if her daughter is dead - it certainly looked that way but there was no finality about the poisoning scene.

Agree with all of the above - but have to say didnt see the jon snow thing coming. though we should know by now that the series seems to kill off any characters that you might actually be starting to like!!

FB - you didnt mention Cersei's walk of shame! a bit harrowing that. kind of changes the feeling that she is a b*tch and deserved what was coming to her to now being on her side now - and hoping she wreaks terrible revenge upon the wierdo's. and I think she will. it isnt clear either if her daughter is dead - it certainly looked that way but there was no finality about the poisoning scene.

Aye, it wouldn't surprise me if the younger Sand Snake slipped some of the antidote into Bronn's pocket when she was nibbling his ear. If she is dead I don't fancy young Trystane's chances of making it to King's Landing in one piece!!

There a thing on buzzfeed about the whole Jon Snow being a Tygaerean, which added to the fact that his body will have to be burnt to stop it from becoming a white walker, could have a big pheonix from the ashes type thing next season.

Anyone think the big guy in the armour who carried Cersei off might be the hound?

Me

It's the hounds brother, Gregor Clegane.

Aye it's The Mountain (That Rides) not The Hound. The Hound was the one that travelled with Arya and was (apparently) killed by Brienne. The Mountain is his older brother who popped Oberyn's heid!

Aye it's The Mountain (That Rides) not The Hound. The Hound was the one that travelled with Arya and was (apparently) killed by Brienne. The Mountain is his older brother who popped Oberyn's heid!

Correct. The Maester was conducting experiments on the body and FrankenMountain is the result.

Theon and Sansa are alive although I think they'll be hurt. They've just moved Sansa into Jeyne Poole's story from the books and got rid of Mance and the spearwives from that story.

Like I said, I don't think Stannis is dead though I don't think he has anything to offer to the story now.

The Dorne stuff was pretty crap all round and I don't know if Myrcella is dead or not, if she is, Trystane won't last much longer.

I think Jon is dead but will be resurrected by the Red Priestess (I always forget her name).

Aye, I know who they are, I'm just not convinced we've seen the last of the hound

Aye, I know who they are, I'm just not convinced we've seen the last of the hound

Spoiler from the books below, highlight to read:

In the books, it's implied though not said outright that he's now found peace and is working as a gravedigger in a church. Metaphorically "The Hound" is dead and has a grave. I still have doubts he'll stay that way if news does get about that The Mountain is "alive" though.

Jon Snow is not Eddard Starks but actually the child of Lyanna stark and Prince Rhaegar Targryen.

That seems to be the general consensus round our way. Another thing never mentioned in the TV series the fact Jon Snow is also a Warg, and very powerful one at that

So situaton of charachters in TV and books (probably a bit sketchy as was ages since i finished the last book).....................

Danny - same in books and TV (except TV don't know who is in charge of the Kahlasar)

Jon Snow - roughly the same position

Ayra - Still in training in the books?

Sansa - Absolutely no similarities at all

Bran and Rickon - Roughly the same (have they met brandon on TV)

Stannis - Stuck in the woods outside witnerfell?

Sam - Away in the boat with Aemon, Gilly and the daugher of ??

Greyjoys - Damphair, Balon etc In the books they are mucking about with a giant horn (not on TV at all)

Ceresi - Same(ish)

Tyrion - Still kicking about in the middle of nowhere and not met Danny