Game Of Thrones - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's Scottish apparently

Thought she always sounded posh english to me - now I know the reason:

Leslie was born in Aberdeen and raised at Lickleyhead Castle in Aberdeenshire, her family's 15th century ancestral seat. Her father is Sebastian Arbuthnot-Leslie, the Aberdeenshire Chieftain of Clan Leslie, and her mother is Candida Mary Sibyl "Candy" Leslie (née Weld), great-granddaughter of Simon Fraser, 13th Lord Lovat (a descendant of Charles II). Her parents own the 12th century Warthill Castle in Aberdeenshire.

The Jon Snow actor is a posh boy too actually:

Harington's uncle is Sir Nicholas John Harington, the 14th Baronet Harington, and his paternal great-grandfather was Sir Richard Harington, the 12th Baronet Harington. Through his paternal grandmother, Lavender Cecilia Denny, Kit's eight times great-grandfather was Charles II of England.

He was funny in "Elf".

True, but it was a 5 minute part, hardly anything to fawn over. He's in the new Adam Sandler film Pixels and everyone involved in that (or any Adam Sandler film in the last 10 years) should suffer some form of cruel and unusual punishment. He was also in X-Men Days of Future Past where he was capable but nothing special. He also did a terrible voice over in the computer game Destiny.

I don't get this thing about someone only being good because they've been given a good part. The actor still has to portray it well or all the good writing will mean nothing. If you put me in the role of Tyrion for example it probably wouldn't come across as such a good part then!

I don't get this thing about someone only being good because they've been given a good part. The actor still has to portray it well or all the good writing will mean nothing. If you put me in the role of Tyrion for example it probably wouldn't come across as such a good part then!

well i am assuming you would have to play it on your knees for the most part so agreed not the best.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
6 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Was he?  Excellent - game on!

Further inspection lends me to believe Sansa, , Dany, Arya, Jaime are all there too.

I'm not that familiar with the faces though i watched season 1 and the last few episodes of last series which went past the books (as i don't think the series is getting finished by Martin in book form so switching to the series now)

Edited by phart

8 minutes ago, phart said:

Further inspection lends me to believe Sansa, , Dany, Arya, Jaime are all there too.

I'm not that familiar with the faces though i watched season 1 and the last few episodes that went past the books (as i don't think the series is getting finished by Martin in book form so switching to the series now)

Yup - just watched it again.  Tyrion is the last face you see - but accompanied by the voice of John Stark/Snow so not obvious.  Well spotted!

Edited by SMcoolJ

That just looks like a CGI teaser to me - I don't think any of that will be in the actual episodes. Well, considering the final shot was pretty much entirely composed of alive characters - Tyrion, Arya, Dany, Jaime, were the ones I spotted.

Pretty bad CGI too looking at some of those faces.

EDIT: Cersei and Sansa are there too it seems...

Edited by harrystarfish