Game Of Thrones - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oops still had this saved and forgot to post.

New trailer out, i've started paying attention as it looks like i'm transitioning from book to TV format in the hope of finding a conclusion.

Also for the few Bakker fans, the last book of the 2nd "triology" Aspect Emperor has finally got a firm release date, and is split into two books, the great ordeal and the unholy consult. July release. for The great ordeal. It also has a wee film trailer as well now

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye looks good. I've switched from the books to film now. As i also think if the series is getting finished it will be over a decade away.

The great ordeal comes out in July from Scott Bakker. So least one fantasy series is still chugging along bookwise.

• 3 weeks later...

thought the first 2 episodes have been a bit slow, but I guess just setting the scene and acting as a reminder. the boy that plays jon snow said on jonathan ross that he was dead - so not sure what that last bit was about.

12 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

thought the first 2 episodes have been a bit slow, but I guess just setting the scene and acting as a reminder. the boy that plays jon snow said on jonathan ross that he was dead - so not sure what that last bit was about.

Misdirection.  He's hardly going to come out and reveal a massive spoiler is he.

He was apparently on a US chat show last night apologising for "lying" to the fans!

Just now, Fairbairn said:

Misdirection.  He's hardly going to come out and reveal a massive spoiler is he.

He was apparently on a US chat show last night apologising for "lying" to the fans!

no but he could have refused to comment. either way that's fair enough - pretty much what I thought when I saw it.  glad he is back.

9 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

no but he could have refused to comment. either way that's fair enough - pretty much what I thought when I saw it.  glad he is back.

I think refusing to comment would be the same as revealing.  Think of it in Dave King terms.  If someone asks him how much he's going to invest in the playing squad he'll keep saying £30M.  If he says "no comment" everyone will know it's really heehaw! :wink2:

22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I think refusing to comment would be the same as revealing.  Think of it in Dave King terms.  If someone asks him how much he's going to invest in the playing squad he'll keep saying £30M.  If he says "no comment" everyone will know it's really heehaw! :wink2:

:lol: 

but FB - everyone knows he's a liar...;)

First episode was terrible. The plot holes were huge.

2nd episode was better.

Tower of Joy next week by the looks of it. Where we'll find out about what really happened wirth Rhaegar and Lyanna stark.

I can't speak for the non-book readers but Jon Snow was always coming back, and you'll find out next episode why in the next episode.

It's gone beyond the books now by quite a bit in some cases.

On 4/13/2016 at 0:28 AM, phart said:

The great ordeal comes out in July from Scott Bakker. So least one fantasy series is still chugging along bookwise.

I've read the first 3 of those books. What are we up to now? Suppose I could check google, but easier just to ask you :D

32 minutes ago, bajin said:

I've read the first 3 of those books. What are we up to now? Suppose I could check google, but easier just to ask you :D

First 3 (Prince of nothing) ones you've read.

next trilogy takes place 20 years later (Aspect emperor) Same characters though. obviously some new ones, but same story.

The judging Eye and The Whiteluck warrior are out, the last book in the triology has been split in two "The great ordeal" is out start of July and "The Unholy Consult" is written and will probably come out early next year. The last book was too big for a single volume.

The last triology we don't know anything about, so may take place right after or 100 years after the 2nd one. Author is keeping tight lipped about it, wont even say the name as it's a spoiler.

Edited by phart

There is a 27 page what came before section at the start of the Great Ordeal according to folk who got advanced reader copies. I've just finished a series re-read so i should be cool, but it is needed! He has 3 small tales on his website as well, one set way in the past of the book timeline. One during the scholastic wars and one 10 years before the start of the series. They aren't necessary though, i've not yet read the third one.

18 hours ago, phart said:

First episode was terrible. The plot holes were huge.

2nd episode was better.

Tower of Joy next week by the looks of it. Where we'll find out about what really happened wirth Rhaegar and Lyanna stark.

I can't speak for the non-book readers but Jon Snow was always coming back, and you'll find out next episode why in the next episode.

It's gone beyond the books now by quite a bit in some cases.

I think when/if the next book comes out, Jon's rebirth will be different but yes, it's been obvious for a while.

They're obviously going to use the Bran visions to show flashbacks to the rebellion and The Tower of Joy. I guess Howland Reed might not appear in present day then.

It's interesting to note which storylines get completely cut from the TV series though as they're clearly not that important in the book.

It was also interesting to note the Greyjoys are back this series so book readers will know what that will set off. Indicates to me that the story there has some importance.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

So just to clarify it was Jon Snow that died and came back?  So he's the same Jon Snow?  We're not going to get years of this "New Jon Snow" pish are we?! :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol:

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

So just to clarify it was Jon Snow that died and came back?  So he's the same Jon Snow?  We're not going to get years of this "New Jon Snow" pish are we?! :ph34r:

Not really, the theory is now he has died he is free from his Nightwatch vows to prosecute the war against Ramsay Bolton. And will be reborn Jon Targayren. So might not be working out as expected :P

34 minutes ago, phart said:

Not really, the theory is now he has died he is free from his Nightwatch vows to prosecute the war against Ramsay Bolton. And will be reborn Jon Targayren. So might not be working out as expected :P

Is that like ignoring all his old debts?

• 2 months later...
On 03/05/2016 at 6:24 PM, bajin said:

Cheers. Part of me wants to wait until the whole thing is published before continuing with it. Anfter a year has passed since reading a book I cannae remember a single thing about it!

@bajin Ordered the book from America just got it a couple of hours ago. it's pretty crazy so far and it's just the start. It's book 3 of 4, but 4th is written and will come out next July. Author just finishing off the glossary.

41 minutes ago, phart said:

@bajin Ordered the book from America just got it a couple of hours ago. it's pretty crazy so far and it's just the start. It's book 3 of 4, but 4th is written and will come out next July. Author just finishing off the glossary.

I'm now halfway through the White Luck Warrior. It's taken me a while to get this far, can be a bit of a slog to read at times.