Championship Run In - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Championship Run In

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Taking the ball' is still a foul if you have to go right through the player to get the ball....which effectively is what Bell did.

I understand why the referee didn't give it, but equally there couldn't have been any complaints if a penalty had been given.

'Taking the ball' is still a foul if you have to go right through the player to get the ball....which effectively is what Bell did.

I understand why the referee didn't give it, but equally there couldn't have been any complaints if a penalty had been given.

This is how I interprerate it as well. You can't go through the player to get the ball.

As I said in my last post though it was a split second between the two. Had the ref given it he would have been guessing imo

Edited by Angus_Young

Definite dive mate

Penalty one is more tricky. Definitely got something on the ball despite what some on here are saying. Hits Sow a split second before that though and as such should be a penalty and red card. Would be impossible for the ref to see that though which is prob why it wasn't given.

Of course we all know the real reason it wasn't given but I'll let the usual mopes on here tell you about that :)

If Bell hadn't cleaned Sow out at the same time I reckon he (Sow) would've still got to the ball. I reckon that was a penalty.