Championship Run In - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Championship Run In

Just back from Tynie - clear hand ball by Rangers player ignored by Murray before Rangers free kick which they scored first from then the stonewaller denied - spoiled a good competitive game but Hearts did well to come back in the end bearing in mind a lot of that team wont be there next year.

Rangers reverting to seasoned players now only Murdoch the exception - they should be too strong for QOS and Hibs .

HHGH.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dive being mentioned was earlier.

I know but some suggesting he was guilty of a 2nd dive there....not for me. Didn't think it was a stonewaller more debatable than that and for me Murray got it right for once! Edited by slasher

Even at about 70-80% we were the better side. Looking forward to next season.

You honestly think so? I personally thought the quality of the match was utter pish. In fact the only game between the sides where decent fitba was played, was the first one at Ibrox. Found it difficult to say who was the better side yesterday due to it being so scrappy.

There is no question you lads have been the best team this year, I'm just not sure you are as good as a lot of your fans think you are. I don't mean that as a dig btw I wish my club had approached things the way you have. It's just when you see guys like Wilson now thinking he is too good for you. He isn't.

What are you aiming for next season out of interest? Straight in challenging for Europe? Top 6?

You honestly think so? I personally thought the quality of the match was utter pish. In fact the only game between the sides where decent fitba was played, was the first one at Ibrox. Found it difficult to say who was the better side yesterday due to it being so scrappy.

There is no question you lads have been the best team this year, I'm just not sure you are as good as a lot of your fans think you are. I don't mean that as a dig btw I wish my club had approached things the way you have. It's just when you see guys like Wilson now thinking he is too good for you. He isn't.

What are you aiming for next season out of interest? Straight in challenging for Europe? Top 6?

Thought we were better until the first goal then it was pretty even until the last 15 mins.

Wasn't a great game though and there has been a noticeable dip in form in the last two months.

I think if we are selling 13-14k season tickets and make some more sensible signings like we did last summer then top six should be achievable.

Depends on what happens in the summer. Top 6 should be achievable if we can hang onto our better players and strengthen.

Loosing Wilson is concerning though...

Would be far more concerned if it was ozturk.

Hopefully McGhee gets more games next season, he is a cracking prospect

Yes, absolutely. Based on the quality of football in the top league I'd say we'll be fine. No certainties obviously, a lot depends on what Levein and Neilson do in the summer re strengthing the squad, but looking at the side they put together for this season I'm optimistic. Wasn't great yesterday, we clearly weren't as focussed as we would have been if we needed a result, but at times, especially in the first half, we played some decent stuff and over the piece were the better side. Quite how a Rangers squad containing so many players who have played at the top level in Scotland manage to be so poor is beyond me. Haven't seen a replay of the penalty claim, in the ground I thought it a stonewaller, but I'm told it is actually a 50/50. Comedy gold when Miller avoided a yellow card after his rugby tackle followed up with another bad challenge about a minute later. Quality ref.

Comedy gold when Miller avoided a yellow card after his rugby tackle followed up with another bad challenge about a minute later. Quality ref.

The ref and his team lost control yesterday, from sending neilson off for asking for clarification on the penalty, to somehow not issuing any yellow cards in the second half.

Funniest moment in the game was the main stand lino getting the police to talk to moshni after some great banter between him and the hearts fans as he was getting ready to warm up, both moshni and the hearts fans were giving as good as they were getting.

Yes, absolutely. Based on the quality of football in the top league I'd say we'll be fine. No certainties obviously, a lot depends on what Levein and Neilson do in the summer re strengthing the squad, but looking at the side they put together for this season I'm optimistic. Wasn't great yesterday, we clearly weren't as focussed as we would have been if we needed a result, but at times, especially in the first half, we played some decent stuff and over the piece were the better side. Quite how a Rangers squad containing so many players who have played at the top level in Scotland manage to be so poor is beyond me. Haven't seen a replay of the penalty claim, in the ground I thought it a stonewaller, but I'm told it is actually a 50/50. Comedy gold when Miller avoided a yellow card after his rugby tackle followed up with another bad challenge about a minute later. Quality ref.

Fair one mate. You see your team every week so will know better. I'm only really going on the games against is and Hibs games. Perhaps a bit unfair of me to judge based on that as those types of games rarely attract decent fitba. I personally think top 6 should be achievable for you, provided you make the correct signings. I don't think Wilson will be a huge loss though.

The penalty was a penalty but it wasn't as clear cut as some would have you believe. Difficult one for the ref imo. The Miller one was funny, although there was one in the second half with Paterson. Just a complete barge and not even trying to play the ball so at least the ref was consistently pish :)

Spot on about us. It's because they are over paid journeymen. None of them are hungry and A few of them think they just need to turn up and win at this level. Just because. Even the good players we have there have gone backwards. Little progress has been made under McCall which I'm almost glad about. Don't get me wrong I always want to see us do well but I feared that winning games under him would have seen him get the gig full time. The fact we have had a few absolute debacles will, hopefully, open the eyes of a few and show them that he isn't the answer, far from it.

A lazy lazy appointment, designed to appease a huge chunk of our support that refuse to see the bigger picture. You would think we would learn. We won't. Ever!!!

Thought we were better until the first goal then it was pretty even until the last 15 mins.

Wasn't a great game though and there has been a noticeable dip in form in the last two months.

I think if we are selling 13-14k season tickets and make some more sensible signings like we did last summer then top six should be achievable.

Agreed m8

I fancy Hearts to make the top 3.

Edited by Toepoke

Will losing two late goals yesterday impact on Rangers' morale in the play-off V QoS?

Don't think so. One game at a time. Momentum could be built from getting through the QoTS game although I don't think we have the resolve to get through six games. We seem to have at least one big defeat in us every few games.