Rangers . At It,? Or Got A Point? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers . At It,? Or Got A Point?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a point (and not just saying that as a season ticket holder at Motherwell)

If a club in the playoffs wants to let their season ticket holders in for free then thats up to them. As far as I can see the rules dont categorically state that its not allowed. Just means less money to go around for everyone else.

Rangers have a point. The SPFL allowed Hibs to let season ticket holders in for free last season, so they've set a precedent that it's okay.

I've no idea why the club and SPFL couldn't have discussed this in advance. Maybe agree a compromise of tickets £15-£10. Everyone's happy, no one looks like a fud.

As far as I can see the rules dont categorically state that its not allowed.

I think that's exactly what the rules do state. But the SPFL informed Hibs that they wouldn't be punished for breaking the rule lasts season.

What financial benefit do they have in letting them in for free ?

None? Think even the Kiosks etc are contracted out, so no benefit there.

I guess the benefit is in having as many folk in the ground as possible, in order to help influence the ref in to giving them penalties. ;)

None? Think even the Kiosks etc are contracted out, so no benefit there.

I guess the benefit is in having as many folk in the ground as possible, in order to help influence the ref in to giving them penalties. ;)

From a football point of view it makes perfect sense, and their board should be given credit if that's the case, I just have my doubts.

It should be up to the clubs, if they let them in for free or not, however what should happen is that they should be made to pay half the value of the tickets to the SPFL.

This happens in cup games, thats why you no longer tend to get them on season tickets as clubs ended up losing out.

As usual the SPFL have made a right arse of it by letting off Hibs last year and not reinforcing or changing the rules. For once i agree with the stance from Ibrox. :shocked:

I think particularly for the premiership team to ask their fans to fork out for a relegation play off is a bit of a kick in the stones.

As a promotion play off, the championship side could probably look at it as more of a positive and a bonus and charge fans if they wanted.

Have to commend the clubs for standing up on this.

Although the fact that they'll be left with very little profit probably makes it a bit easier to take that moral high ground? Cynical?

Rangers are right.

The SPFL are, not for the first time, wrong.

If a side is in the play offs that is part of their season so season ticket holders should be admitted without being asked to pay more.

The SPFL & SFA are like a lot politicians at times - too far removed from reality and common sense - the annoying thing in saying that is that although clubs quite rightly at time complain about decisions the member clubs themselves are the SFA & SPFL - are they electing and employing the wrong people?

I know they can't please everyone all the time but it really isn't that difficult to make transparent decisions which everyone can understand if not always agree with. What we seem to get all too often is decisions that most folk think odd/bad and can't understand.