Transfer Rumours - Page 66 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denayer is not world class but why city don't see at least some potential in him is baffling. Excellent prospect.

I think they do, but he's 19 & City now have Kompany, Mangala, Demichellis & Otamendi in front of him. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes out on loan for another season as he's just signed a new contract.

Denayer is not world class but why city don't see at least some potential in him is baffling. Excellent prospect.

I think they do, but he's 19 & City now have Kompany, Mangala, Demichellis & Otamendi in front of him. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes out on loan for another season as he's just signed a new contract.

I think the top of the Premier League is becoming very much like the SPL when Celtic and Rangers were neck and neck. Sides at the top - Man City and Chelsea, are not wanting to risk playing even promising youngsters unless they are forced into it. Denayer and the young lad at Chelsea, Loftus-Cheek, who is meant to have a lot of potential, would/will probably get minimum playing time this season as neither side wants to risk slipping up in the title race. They then get into that vicious circle of not knowing if they are actually good enough but without actual playing time they are never going to find out.

I would have Denayer back if VVD leaves but I can imagine whether he is back or not depends on whether Celtic get CL group stage football.

I heard someone say the other night (graham sports or Tom English I think?) that Denayer would not be coming back to Scotland (Celtic) on loan, as he wanted to test himself at a higher level every week.

I'd imagine champions league qualification might change his mind?

I heard someone say the other night (graham sports or Tom English I think?) that Denayer would not be coming back to Scotland (Celtic) on loan, as he wanted to test himself at a higher level every week.

Don't know as the 3 clubs mentioned were Ajax, Lille and Lyon.

The supposition was that he'd rather play in a better league such as France then get just 6 tough games in the CL.

The supposition was that he'd rather play in a better league such as France then get just 6 tough games in the CL.

Yeah, that's the thing I heard.

I was thinking with Celtic being in the Europa league like last season, that would apply, but the champions league might make up for the lack of domestic competition? May even depend on the draw?

You sure it wasn't John Collins saying that?

Yeah, that's the thing I heard.

I was thinking with Celtic being in the Europa league like last season, that would apply, but the champions league might make up for the lack of domestic competition? May even depend on the draw?

It will be a tough ask for Celtic in the second leg. Difficult one in terms of tactics. Not sure if setting up the same way they did for the away leg in the previous tie will work. Malmo have an excellent European record at home. I reckon they will win 2-1 next week.

Edited by EddardStark

Rumours of Denayer back to Celtic are re-surfacing - even more so since City signed another Centre Half this morning.

They really need a CB as Boyata is brutal.

Did celtic do their scouting on Boyata through FM 11 when he used to turn in to one of the best defenders in the game.

If they lose van dijk and don't replace him with someone with a bit of pace and technique to help cover for boyatas cock-ups, then they are going to have a very long and hard season. They will drop a lot of points and I can see (as much as it pains me to say it) Aberdeen putting up a good challenge for the the title this season.

They really need a CB as Boyata is brutal.

Did celtic do their scouting on Boyata through FM 11 when he used to turn in to one of the best defenders in the game.

If they lose van dijk and don't replace him with someone with a bit of pace and technique to help cover for boyatas cock-ups, then they are going to have a very long and hard season. They will drop a lot of points and I can see (as much as it pains me to say it) Aberdeen putting up a good challenge for the the title this season.

An Aberdeen title challenge, that's hilarious.

Edited by fraz65

Great signing for St Mirren. Was surprised and a little disappointed United let him go, and then that Hibs didn't keep him.

Doubt it. There's never been a good player named "Keith". ;)

:lol:

I was just making a daft joke because Adam said there'd never been a good player called Josh, after Aberdeen signed Josh Parker. I never expected folk to start naming 55 year olds who used to play for Hartletpool :lol:

I used to play fitba wi' a guy called Keith and he had a wicked left peg on him.

Used to be able tae stosh a penalty in the bottom corner with the same ferocity that you or I might have smashed one hopefully down the middle.

Edited by Marky

:lol:

I was just making a daft joke because Adam said there'd never been a good player called Josh, after Aberdeen signed Josh Parker. I never expected folk to start naming 55 year olds who used to play for Hartletpool :lol:

Aye I know :)

Keith Houchen just popped into my head. He once scored against Bonni Ginzburg....THAT'S how good he was ;)

He once scored against Bonni Ginzburg....THAT'S how good he was ;)

Bonnie Ginzburg. The player that when on his way to Ibrox Ian Durrant was informed a Jew was on his way. Durrant's reply when laughing away to himself was.....

......... "Is he a Cafflick Jew or a Proddy Jew?" :lol: