Fao Phart - My Manly Week - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fao Phart - My Manly Week

Hi Phart,

After our wee to an fro the other week I thought it only fair to give you a run down on my manly week that I’ve just had.

Saturday – Arrived at Glasgow Airport, picked up a big manly motor and drove up to Inverness (extremely fast obvs) and picked up my mate from the Airport. Big manly bevvy session proceeded, Gellions for Schiehallion, Gunsmiths and Johnny Foxes. Got in a some ridiculously ungodly hour as all real men do.

Sunday – Drove up to Kylesku with a view to getting the legs going with a quick shimmy up Stac Pollaidh. Unfortunately it was pashin it doon in a horizontal fashion so we opted instead for several manly pints of Guiness in the Kylesku Hotel.

Monday – Suilven. Beautiful day. Fantastic hill and obvs partook in some hair-raising, manly scrambling.

Tuesday – Foinaven. Climbed all the feckin way up from Achfary to the start of the ridge. Ridge unseasonably covered in snow. Sh@t it. But sh@t it in a manly way. The kind of way Bear Grylls might have sh@t it.

Wednesday – Forcan Ridge/The Saddle. Climbed up to the ridge. Covered in snow. Sh@t it. Today we chose to $h1te it in more of a Steve Irwin sort of way for a bit of variety.

Thursday – 5 Sisters of Kintail. Given that the previous day we had been up to the Forcan Ridge where the Sisters were in full view, we had some prior knowledge that allowed us to $h1te it before we had even started, albeit in a tough “We’re family men with responsibilities, let’s not be stupid” kind of way. So instead we climbed Beinn Fhada which although had know on top we were able to conquer in a typically manly fashion.

Friday – Got pashed again.

What about you mate. Any good sodjer painting stories or the like.

In the interests of opening up to the wider TAMB, anyone else able to beat the manliness of my week?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 3 year old nearly outed me in Tesco* the other night. The Mrs was going to look at clothes... Ugh! So I took the wee one round to look at the toys so she skipped happily on ahead before turning and shouting back "LOOK DADDY!!! THEY HAVE MY LITTLE PONY, YOU LIKE MY LITTLE PONY!!!".

I really, really do.

*Other less fascist supermarkets are available.

Bet you did really...

Genuinely didn't. We established the last time you're dressing up what would be mildly impressive things for children to do, as impressive to adults. You've a 10 year old boy to catch up with regarding climbing mountains in Scotland are you sure seeking my approval for your activities is the best way to spend time. It's not even manly look:

Youngest ever British woman scales Everest at 22... just a year after taking up climbing

Genuinely didn't. We established the last time you're dressing up what would be mildly impressive things for children to do, as impressive to adults. You've a 10 year old boy to catch up with regarding climbing mountains in Scotland are you sure seeking my approval for your activities is the best way to spend time. It's not even manly look:

Youngest ever British woman scales Everest at 22... just a year after taking up climbing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1279121/Bonita-Norris-youngest-UK-woman-climb-Everest-age-22.html

Ha ha. Either the self deprecating irony of my post was lost on you or I've just been double whooshed ya bass.

Oh no wait a minute. You didnae read it did you :-)