Audi Drivers - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Audi drivers among us?

Pro's and Con's please lads

My last 2 cars were the 5 door A3, spacious, comfortable, nice to drive...

A bit light on the gadgets though.

Are you buying it yourself or a company car?

VWs in dresses. I find them a bit sterile - would go for a BM myself.

Doesn't have the plastic interior of the VWs (on the entry models), but the BMW doesn't have anywhere near the space of an Audi, but shits all over it for gadgets!

(I'm comparing an A3 to a 1 series)

Edited by sbcmfc

VWs in dresses. I find them a bit sterile - would go for a BM myself.

Also being considered mate. Standard models I completely agree with you BTW

My last 2 cars were the 5 door A3, spacious, comfortable, nice to drive...

A bit light on the gadgets though.

Are you buying it yourself or a company car?

Buying it myself. Not too fussy about gadgets TBH. Sat Nav, Blue Tooth and heated seats is enough.

Buying it myself. Not too fussy about gadgets TBH. Sat Nav, Blue Tooth and heated seats is enough.

Audi had none of those, bmw has all 3.

If you have kids or carry passengers A3 is more practical, also had a bigger boot.

If that doesn't matter the BMW 1 series is good.

Have you looked at the Mercedes A180? It's a bit girly, but really nice car I thought (no boot though :( )

Audi had none of those, bmw has all 3.

If you have kids or carry passengers A3 is more practical, also had a bigger boot.

If that doesn't matter the BMW 1 series is good.

Have you looked at the Mercedes A180? It's a bit girly, but really nice car I thought (no boot though :( )

The one I'm looking doesn't have heated seats right enough. that's no big deal mind you.

I do really like BM's mate although not the 1 series. We need something bigger due to the new addition. Basically between Audi A4 and BMW 320D. Not a lot in it price wise.

I've never really had much dealing with Audi or even driven one I don't think. Visually stunning I have to say.

What I've found so far is Audi drivers telling me BM's are nae gid and vice versa :-)):-)):-))

the VW group 2l diesel is better than the BMW 2l diesel IMO

I drive a SEAT with the 2l diesel engine.

I looked at a BMW 1 series but was put off by the N47 timing chain issues especially as I was buying out of warranty. Potential big bills scared me off.

Now driving an Audi A3 TDI. My last car was a BMW 120i.

The Audi is a much more spacious car and more comfortable to drive however is pretty basic - no even got a thermometer on the dash. Heated seats, sat nav and Bluetooth? Aye right then ?

Having said that I'd still take the Audi over the BMW due to the rear wheel drive on the Beemer being a total farce in the snow.

Edited by McTeeko

Now driving an Audi A3 TDI. My last car was a BMW 120i.

The Audi is a much more spacious car and more comfortable to drive however is pretty basic - no even got a thermometer on the dash. Heated seats, sat nav and Bluetooth? Aye right then ?

Having said that I'd still take the Audi over the BMW due to the rear wheel drive on the Beemer being a total farce in the snow.

One I'm looking at has Bluetooth and sat nav mate. Bang and olufsen sound system as well. Pal of mine has all 3 in his. I honestly thought that was normal. Evidently not though from the comments. :)

Your last point about the BM is one of the main reasons I'm thinking of going Audi. Losing control of the er with the wean in the back doesn't bear thinking about.

Edited by Angus_Young

Audi drivers are the new bmw drivers, a total pain! Numerous times some Audi driver has decided that if you are overtaking and not going at least 90 mph - that is too slow and is flashing lights and right behind you. Slowing down to the speed limit normally increases there rage. Think it is because so many reps now have Audi - as opposed to bmw

My dad has just changed from a BMW 3 series M to a A5 cabriolet and is loving it. He had 3 BMWs before that and just wanted a change. I drove a lot of cara at work and would say Audis are probably smoother to drive. I know when dad was looking at buying again that BMWs were getting the best write up but depends what model you want as well. Best thing to do is go drive them

Aye another reason my dad changed from the BMW was because it was useless in snow, he had sand bags in the boot to try and put pressure on the back but didn't help much.

I bought my Audi A4 S-line Special Edition almost 4 years ago. I had wanted an Audi for a while so decided to treat myself, no complaints from me. I have never owned a BMW so can't compare too much but if you were to go on looks alone then the Audi wins nae bother IMO.

Aye another reason my dad changed from the BMW was because it was useless in snow, he had sand bags in the boot to try and put pressure on the back but didn't help much.

Never understood why the Germans of all people would produce prestige cars that handle so badly in winter conditions!

Never understood why the Germans of all people would produce prestige cars that handle so badly in winter conditions!

It seems a really stupid thing to do, they could just change it surley.

It would ruin the driving experience, which is a big part of what a BMW is about - the motoring purist would always opt for RWD (gets the power down better off the line - as long as it's dry - and no torque steer) even though there's a price to pay in wintery conditions. Although LSDs have reduced scrabbling off the line in high-power FWD cars e.g. Seat Leon 280.

Because in Germany they fit winter tyres, and go about their business as usual in the snow....

Numerous times some Audi driver has decided that if you are overtaking and not going at least 90 mph - that is too slow and is flashing lights and right behind you.

To be fair, they're right.

I had a very nice A4 Sline a few years back. It was perfectly nice. Then I bought a BMW. I have bought 5 BMWs since them. They are just a bit better at everything. (Apart from snow). Plus, as someone said above, all the aggressive tossers now drive Audi (and increasingly VW Passats)

I drive an Audi A3 Sportback S line TDi for work and it's a terrific car, ultra reliable, relatively cheap to run with all the toys you need in a car. I drive 30 - 50k a year for work and the Audi has turned out to be one of the best cars yet. I'd steer clear of BMW if I'm honest as my experiences with them leads me to conclude that they are overpriced shite.