Rangers Vs Hibs Play-Off Semi-Final_First Leg 20Th May, Second Leg 23Rd May - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Vs Hibs Play-Off Semi-Final_First Leg 20Th May, Second Leg 23Rd May

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have thought the ref would have been obliged to add on a bit more time considering a goal went in.

Nope. You only need to add on more time for injuries, substitutions or to allow a penalty to be taken...

Edited by Toepoke

When did the game start ?

I was looking forward to watching it

Thursday, they're playing my favourites Motherwell :ok:

TT

Rangers deserved to go through, Hibs were toothless.

I reckon that'll be rangers up next season, unless Motherwell prove me wrong.

Would prefer they didn't come up, but I'll enjoy seeing them struggle midtable

Today's game kunto

The Brigadier Gerard from Sandown is Thursday so I won't see your game

Surely you can just ball gag the Brigadier for a few hours and take a wee break for the game - it's not like you can rim for 12 hours straight, well, not at your age anyway!! :P

Yours,

Kunto xxx

Story of our season. Missing chance after chance after chance after chance. Alan Stubbs is a young manager learning but when will he realise there's no prizes for artistic impression. I've said for months that this tippy-tappy trying to walk it into the net will cost us. Granted it's good too watch but the end product had been abysmal

Absolutely gutted

Story of our season. Missing chance after chance after chance after chance. Alan Stubbs is a young manager learning but when will he realise there's no prizes for artistic impression. I've said for months that this tippy-tappy trying to walk it into the net will cost us. Granted it's good too watch but the end product had been abysmal

Absolutely gutted

I was only listening on the radio but it sounded like you could have played all day and not scored. In fact I was shocked when you actually did score.

Were your strikers that bad or were the chances not as clear cut as the commentator made them sound?

Is bumpoke still your safe word ?

Nope, 'cockwomble' - it's all the rage on here :moon:

Now go play nice with Brig. Gerard - easy on the riding crop and mind the lube!!

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

Absolutely gutted

Agree with all of that except your assertion that it's good to watch. Obviously you'll have seen more of Hibs than me this season but on the evidence of these two games it really isn't that great to watch.

credit to the Hibs players. So many playing through effects of concussion after being bombarded with rolled up paper. On the game today I was unhappy with the way we approached the game but for large spells in the second half we rarely looked in danger. Over the two games I think we deserved it with special credit to the defence.

I was only listening on the radio but it sounded like you could have played all day and not scored. In fact I was shocked when you actually did score.

Were your strikers that bad or were the chances not as clear cut as the commentator made them sound?

Lots off possession and getting things in the box but then it was non existent. That chance Malonga had in the first half was shocking

Agree with all of that except your assertion that it's good to watch. Obviously you'll have seen more of Hibs than me this season but on the evidence of these two games it really isn't that great to watch.

When I say good to watch I mean to a a degree. Compare it to Butcher and Fenlon then it's like watching someone playing the playstation at times but it's not always paying off. frustrating more than anything

Lots off possession and getting things in the box but then it was non existent. That chance Malonga had in the first half was shocking

It must be the strikers then, as if it's getting into the box and the passes and crosses are up to scratch they should be finishing some of them.

Is Malonga that bad, compared to Fatty Boyd this season for instance?

getting ahead of yourself already

dangerous

I think the key phrase was 'if we go up' - don't think anyone thinks it's a certainty - in fact far from it.

However, regardless of whether Rangers go up or not, there will be a significant clear out and I would be surprised if Allan wasn't considered. Whether Hibs would sell if we were in the same division, or indeed at all, is another question.

As with Hibs, Rangers have to try to get a lead on Thursday then play it tight at Fir Park.

Interesting couple of games!!

TT

It must be the strikers then, as if it's getting into the box and the passes and crosses are up to scratch they should be finishing some of them.

Is Malonga that bad, compared to Fatty Boyd this season for instance?

He's certainly not as bad as folk make out, on his day he is shit hot. It's just he's had a few sitters this season that have been put on a plate for him Edited by DoonTheSlope