Rangers Vs Hibs Play-Off Semi-Final_First Leg 20Th May, Second Leg 23Rd May - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Vs Hibs Play-Off Semi-Final_First Leg 20Th May, Second Leg 23Rd May

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's certainly not as bad as folk make out, on his day he is shit hot. It's just he's had a few sitters this season that have been put on a plate for him

Like Kenny Miller on one of his bad days then?

Or maybe a touch of the Iwelumo's?

Wonder how many Rangers players have realised the only way some of them keep their jobs next season is to lose the play off ?

The ones who are getting binned will get it no matter what happens. I'm not sure there are many, if any, players in this category.

Just waiting on Tweets, letters through the door, emails and some cringey slogan saying get behind Hibernian next season, time to back the club etc.

The fans have backed the club for years and have nothing to show for it. They turned out for 2 finals that we got pumped in, a 7-0 defeat AT HOME to a mediocre Swedish side, a playoff defeat to Hamilton, semi vs Falkirk to name just a few. Meanwhile over at Tynecastle and Ibrox they both ####ed the taxman, small businesses, other clubs and everyday normal people and they have added to their silverware tally and 1 if not both of them will be in the spl next year while we are still in this division. Blind loyalty will only last for so long

Gutted, I've had Enough and I'm absolutely sick off it

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Oh and the fans who were celebrating yet another failure are a major part off the problem at Easter Road, as if celebrating losing the 2013 wasn't bad enough they seem to think that another year out with the top division is a proud achievement on Hibs.dotclique

Yes I'm a proud Hibby and always will be but today was just embarrassing

Oh and the fans who were celebrating yet another failure are a major part off the problem at Easter Road, as if celebrating losing the 2013 wasn't bad enough they seem to think that another year out with the top division is a proud achievement on Hibs.dotclique

Yes I'm a proud Hibby and always will be but today was just embarrassing

you weren't the miserable (in a good sense) sitting next to me were you... jeez barely cracked a smile all day.... the team, were congratulated for finishing second in the league, a national cup semi - to most thats a good season...

as for hibs fans, where are you all.... £10 to get in today and huge open spaces... even the derby matches have been half empty - is it the ticket policy thats choking it or are you really just a wee club in too big a ground...

Anyway i'll be back to watch more games next year, as i will at tynie.... great being a non club fan...or more clubs than tiger woods... not sure which

you weren't the miserable cockwomble (in a good sense) sitting next to me were you... jeez barely cracked a smile all day.... the team, were congratulated for finishing second in the league, a national cup semi - to most thats a good season...

as for hibs fans, where are you all.... £10 to get in today and huge open spaces... even the derby matches have been half empty - is it the ticket policy thats choking it or are you really just a wee club in too big a ground...

Anyway i'll be back to watch more games next year, as i will at tynie.... great being a non club fan...or more clubs than tiger woods... not sure which

Second in the second tier. Fair doo's in a league with Hearts and Sevco but why is it when asked at the start off the season who would NOT go up the vast majority off people would have said Hibs??

No Rangers fan will ever admit it, but I'm sure there's the feeling there that the hard work's been done.

They've got Motherwell in their back pocket.....pretty much always have had.....and they know it.

Motherwell need to go to Ibrox on Thursday and play the team, not the club. That way they'll have a chance. They have to remind themselves that man for man, they're probably still better than Rangers.

Can they do it ? I'm not so sure...

Motherwell need to go to Ibrox on Thursday and play the team, not the club holding company. That way they'll have a chance. They have to remind themselves that man for man, they're probably still better than Rangers.

Can they do it ? I'm not so sure...

I hope that forms part of Barracloughs team talk!

He's quite into his sports science, and psychology, so hopefully we can overcome the mental block we have with playing Rangers.

Not one Motherwell fan i know thinks we will get past Rangers.What is it, 39 games since we beat them, and i've been to most of them.In my fifty years i think i''ve seen us win 5 times at Ibrox. That last cup game was the biggest red neck of my life.A pathetic ,shambles of a performance from a team who keeched themselves in the tunnel before kick off. This squad have bottled so many "must win" games this season how can anyone expect them to survive 90 mins at Ibrox no matter how crap Rangers are.I'll be there to see my team with the eternal optimisim of the football fan but if we lose an early goal it could be four or five with our defence. If you'd asked any Rangers fan at the start of the season to pick a team to play in the play off they would have said Motherwell , cos no matter how good we are and how bad they are , there's only one way its gonna go.

They have to remind themselves that man for man, they're probably still better

No they aren't. Like pretty much every one I'll be cheering on Rangers but I really can't see anything other than a comfortable Rangers win over the two legs.

toothless up front today. No wide play that could have pinned Walllace back.

Stood there in the East today thinking we were never going to score. Dont get those that say Rangers deserved to win over the two games, the sat back for the majority of both.

Vukic is a great dirty barsteward of a player, if they stay up, Rangers should do everything they can to keep him. Some of the play acting was ridiculous from the boys in blue and I noticed Black did his usual plank impression at one point as if someone had hit him with a haymaker.

Reality is we didnt give the Rangers keeper much work today and that is really poor when we were supposed to be chasing the game. As for the fans. 5k more turned up at Hampden versus Falkirk, embarrassing.

No they aren't. Like pretty much every one I'll be cheering on Rangers but I really can't see anything other than a comfortable Rangers win over the two legs.

I hope you mean motherwell, but I think a lot of folk would prefer Rangers to win.

Beating Rangers in the play off would probably be the greatest day in over 20 years for us, and it would be ####in' brilliant! It would shite all over helicopter Sunday, which despite being a good chuckle, ultimately meant nothing for motherwell.

Would be a cruel irony from a Rangers perspective if Scott McDonald was to do the damage 10 years on!!

Being at home probably suits as it allows us to be much more positive. Its a hard one to call. Motherwell virtually rested their first choice 11 today so they should be in good shape. Another 2 games in 4 days might be just too much for us. However I think any win at Ibrox for us will be enough to see us win the tie.

No Rangers fan will ever admit it, but I'm sure there's the feeling there that the hard work's been done.

You don't half talk some pish :lol:

Rangers have played some pretty awful stuff this season so no Rangers fan I know thinks this is over - it is obviously what you want to think. But that doesn't make it any less of a zoomerish comment. I suppose it's so you can make fun of all the Rangers fans who (in your fetid imagination) thought it was done and dusted if we lose - and then just downplay it as a foregone conclusion (in your mind it would appear) if we win.

Why not just state your own opinion and leave Rangers fan to have their own - or does that not fit the agenda :wink2:

I fully expect two tough games, probably not pretty and wouldn't be particularly surprise me to see it go to extra time and penalties. Certainly wouldn't surprise me to see Motherwell win. I think most if not all the Rangers fans on this board and beyond would agree with that sentiment.

Now go back and enjoy your holiday and leave us in peace to actually have the opinions we have rather than the ones you want to imagine :ok:

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

I do mean Motherwell. Good wine this.

Freudian slip eh - don't worry, your secrets safe with us :cheers3:

TT

You don't half talk some pish :lol:

Rangers have played some pretty awful stuff this season so no Rangers fan I know thinks this is over - it is obviously what you want to think. But that doesn't make it any less of a zoomerish comment. I suppose it's so you can make fun of all the Rangers fans who (in your fetid imagination) thought it was done and dusted if we lose - and then just downplay it as a foregone conclusion (in your mind it would appear) if we win.

Why not just state your own opinion and leave Rangers fan to have their own - or does that not fit the agenda :wink2:

I fully expect two tough games, probably not pretty and wouldn't be particularly surprise me to see it go to extra time and penalties. Certainly wouldn't surprise me to see Motherwell win. I think most if not all the Rangers fans on this board and beyond would agree with that sentiment.

Now go back and enjoy your holiday and leave us in peace to actually have the opinions we have rather than the ones you want to imagine :ok:

TT

You really need to step back and chill a bit.

Your posting is becoming increasingly shrill and childish.

Se if you'd le

See if you'd left the last two words off each line, you could almost be a poet.

Always notice when people are called on some shite they've written that they resort to this 'you need to chill' pish - it's a messageboard, it's pretty irrelevant as things go, and it's not something that gives me any cause to be anything other than chilled - though as we've established, your not so good at this whole knowing how others are thinking/feeling thing, so I suppose I should get that you might jump to the wrong conclusion :ok:

So, to get back to the point, you still haven't said how YOU think the games will go - just how others (not very accurately think it will go). Given you watch more Rangers games than most, and certainly more than I have this year, I would value your informed opinion. I could of course just make up your opinion, but you can probably see how daft that would be!! :whistling:

If it helps, you can imagine I said all that in a shrill tone if it helps you to concentrate on actually stating an actual opinion :D

Now I'm off back to recline in my big armchair snuggled up in my blanky with a wee glass of port to await, in a very relaxed state, for your imminent reply :P

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

I hope you mean motherwell, but I think a lot of folk would prefer Rangers to win.

Beating Rangers in the play off would probably be the greatest day in over 20 years for us, and it would be ####in' brilliant! It would shite all over helicopter Sunday, which despite being a good chuckle, ultimately meant nothing for motherwell.

Would be a cruel irony from a Rangers perspective if Scott McDonald was to do the damage 10 years on!!

This is my biggest worry about this game. It wouldn't surprise me if Scott McDonald scored an extra time winner in the second leg to complete the circle!

I'd prefer it to be an own goal too, but that's probably too much to hope for.