Kilt Maker - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Not at all arsepiece. The mods are further fücking with me. Sub human bullying filth that they are :(.

Considering the extremely porous nature of the security provided by this message board platform as evidenced by scripts easily being able to send spam mails to the stored hidden email addresses you'd think the mods would be less eager to use the mechanics of the board in a personal petty pursuits. Considering the double edged nature of such a sword, especially in the context of when the spam emails happened last time, they thought removing a thread on the board would have any effectiveness in the security issue, an action so devoid of effectiveness that one can only compare it to using leeches to remove "bad humours" or drilling the skull to "relieve pressure"

Why use a weapon that can be so easily turned against you? Although considering the nature of the events one shouldn't be surprised that none of this has even occurred to them.

Edited by phart

Don't know what any of that meant, but to get back to the original post, if Perth is close enough for you then Janet Eagleton does a nifty kilt.

Her son Marcus does the sporrans (he's made two for me, and Janet has renovated one kilt). I've also bought a reserve kilt from them.

If you're looking for a 'regular' tartan, then Edinburgh itself will have plenty on offer.

If your name's a little unusual, then treat yourself - you get 50-100 years' wear out of a good one.

Got my latest one made in Romanes and Pattersons Princes Street - up the stairs - it was about £220 for a medium which I think was more expensive than heavy

not sure if they do Depeche mode black leather though !

Haha. Very good

Cheers for all the info guys.

I have already got the cloth woven .... Our own family tartan so I will try a few of these for prices.

Cheers again

Don't know what any of that meant, but to get back to the original post, if Perth is close enough for you then Janet Eagleton does a nifty kilt.

Her son Marcus does the sporrans (he's made two for me, and Janet has renovated one kilt). I've also bought a reserve kilt from them.

If you're looking for a 'regular' tartan, then Edinburgh itself will have plenty on offer.

If your name's a little unusual, then treat yourself - you get 50-100 years' wear out of a good one.

Strongly disagree. Her laddie makes more out of making poncy handbags than traditional sporrans. A cocky little shite with a smarmy pus you'd never tire of slapping. Typical wee rich boy. The kilts were always overpriced anyway. Strathearn Kiltmakers in Perth made mine over ten years ago for a great price and it has been a great kilt.