Are You A Seat Reclining W***er? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Are You A Seat Reclining W***er?

So I should be made to feel less comfortable to accommodate you? Surely that's just as selfish?

Nah, i want to be equal. I don't place my comfort above that of yours.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reclining without asking first is selfish beyond belief. I'm 6 foot 4 and the amount of times my kneecaps get it is unreal. Mostly I just tell them beforehand that reclining isn't an option for them today.

if there's an empty seat behind me, I recline. If there's someone there, I'll ask if they mind me reclining. It's not as if the seats go all that far back anyway so it's not going to bother me if I'm not reclining.

Actually im with parklife on this despite having suffered multiple 24hr flights in the decade ive lived in Aus. Yes I know it is more comfortable reclined but really it should be for sleep times only.

When ive been on euro flights like london to Spain and folk are reclining it really gets my goat.

I always try to be considerate to the row after me.

Always the short arses and women that do it. Most likely because if someone reclines in front of them they are saved from the knee crushing agony, where as taller folk understand how uncomfortable it can be. Never put my seat back, ever. I'd ban reclining seats altogether.

Once had a "slammer" who jammed me in place, was funny when she moaned to the stewardess about my knees being in her back. Especially when she realised I couldn't actually move them anywhere.

On the way back this time I had one of those seats at the back of the cabin with nobody behind. Sites like seatguru advise you not to take them but actually in the more recent planes they recline as much as the other seats. Even then I put it up for the meal simply because I don't want to eat laying down. The guy in front of me just leaned forward to his meal.

Always the short arses and women that do it. Most likely because if someone reclines in front of them they are saved from the knee crushing agony, where as taller folk understand how uncomfortable it can be. Never put my seat back, ever. I'd ban reclining seats altogether.

Once had a "slammer" who jammed me in place, was funny when she moaned to the stewardess about my knees being in her back. Especially when she realised I couldn't actually move them anywhere.

I usually have a quick look at the person behind me and if it's a lanky I'll treat them with a bit more respect. If it's a kid it can f*** off. They're just going to be irritating anyway.

If it's my seat and if I'm tired, I'm putting it back. If you don't like that or are too tall to be comfortable with that then you are free to buy a premium or business class ticket - or even reserve one of the overwing rows. If you don't do that then you have chosen to risk having less leg room, that's your choice not mine.

Edited by joe545

its sitting next to fat chunts that does my head in

why dont they have to pay more?

or factor it into the weight allowance of the baggage, it all contributes to the load on the aircraft. If I weigh less than them, give me more allowance for my luggage than they have

Yep!

I won a bottle of local rum on a holiday to Cuba, put it in my suitcase to take home, took me over the luggage limit and had to pay 30 quid. The 20 stone monster in front of me didn't with her 20kg case.

Me (80kg) + luggage (24kg) = 104kg

Her (127kg) + luggage (20kg) = 147kg

Its a matter of time IMO but not sure how they will apply it.

This particularly gets my goat on buses and trains where you have to stand because some fatty is taking up the best part of 2 seats.

This particularly gets my goat on buses and trains where you have to stand because some fatty is taking up the best part of 2 seats.

The worst folk on buses or trains are folk who put their bags on the seat, in the hope that no one will sit next to them. Whanks.

The worst folk on buses or trains are folk who put their bags on the seat, in the hope that no one will sit next to them. Whanks.

Agreed. I carry a bag most days but it always goes either under the seat or on my lap.

not quite as bad as the increasingly common 'seat for their bag' approach so many people seem to think they're entitled to.

Edit: I see I'm not alone with this one :)

Edited by in5omniac

not quite as bad as the increasingly common 'seat for their bag' approach so many people seem to think they're entitled to.

even if there are other seats available i always make for their "bag seat" just for badness

Fat bastards do pay more on certain airlines. I had an auld Canadian journalist mate (the fattest qûnt ye'll ever see), and Air Canada made him buy 2 seats. As the Toronto Star paid for it, he wasn't bothered, right enough.

Last time I flew back from the States, woman in her fifties reclined the seat within minutes of the seat belt sign going on. I had to recline mine likewise and the boy behind me wasnt happy giving the usual tuts and occasional digs on the seat. Had to eventually turn round and explain I had no choice.

What I did do though was to angle my air con nozzle above right at her and turned it on full blast. She ended up with her jacket over her the full flight having a very chilly and bumpy (with my clunking about the seat table) journey.

Fat bastards do pay more on certain airlines. I had an auld Canadian journalist mate (the fattest qûnt ye'll ever see), and Air Canada made him buy 2 seats. As the Toronto Star paid for it, he wasn't bothered, right enough.

I mind getting on a flight coming back from the States (can't remember where) and this big Yank got on and proceeded to try and squash himself in to his economy seat. The guy must have been about 40 stone and there was clearly no way he was going to fit in to the seat. The crew were running about trying to find a solution and while they did this the big man, obviously exhausted from the effort of walking 100 steps from the check in gate, rested himself on the arm of the chair he couldn't get in to. After about 10 seconds there was a fairly loud crack and the bag man was belly down in the aisle. Turns out his weight and the way he was resting on the arm had forced the chair through the floor of the cabin! The result of this was the plane being declared unsafe to fly and 200 odd punters having to spend about 7 hours at the airport while they tried to source a replacement aircraft. It was great fun.

Aisle seat with the bag by the window, then when you ask to get the seat by the window, they move into that. They are the absolute worst. Edited by aaid

I've noticed on planes with unallocated seats a similar thing, where couples will sit on the aisle and middle seats, leaving the window seat, apparently in the hope that to save the hassle of asking them to move up or let you in, you keep going and they get 3 seats between them.

As soon as the doors shut, they shuffle up.

Don't get me wrong, if you get an empty seat next to you its a real result! We had our not quite 2 year old (no seat) on a flight recently, and I was delighted when it became apparent we had a spare seat for him, he slept for 2 hours, I got an hour! (With seat in upright position)

Especially the ones that put their bag on the inner seat and sit on the outer one, in the hope that this will somehow further discourage someone from asking to move.

I will deliberately pick on these people even if there is a bagless seat somewhere else.