Spl 24/05/15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hartley should have been in running for manager of year getting this Dundee team into top 6. Utterly dreadful. After 2 years of rising standards I think this year the quality has taken a backward step. It says it all when my team is in the running for Europe having scored so few goals.

Is the ridiculous early start time in Europe for our clubs damaging the integrity of the league?

Aberdeen field a shadow side to rest players ahead of a very short pre season and they can't be blamed for that but I don't like not being able to play our strongest team.

There is nothing forcing our clubs to start when we do.

Don't be daft.

Clubs will all do a pre season and when they start competitive games determines when that pre season starts.

You have missed my point. If the clubs wanted to say have two more midweek early fixtures we could finish the season a week or two earlier. There is nothing that says we have to go on till late May.

You have missed my point. If the clubs wanted to say have two more midweek early fixtures we could finish the season a week or two earlier. There is nothing that says we have to go on till late May.

Right - in which case I agree fully.

Don't see why our league needs to finish when the English one does too.

Great result today. Not bothered about missing out on Europe - the way we are currently playing it would only be one game anyway! More important stuff to be done over the summer. Nice of Dundee to let us thrash them in the final game though!