Premiership Play Off Final ' Well V Gers - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Premiership Play Off Final ' Well V Gers

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No complaints, better team won tonight.

We actually started well enough on the ball but lacked that bit of quality in the final 3rd. I said after the Hibs game that if we were up against a team that could take their chances we'd have been horsed. Motherwell managed what they couldn't tonight it seems.

Again I really can't fault them for effort tonight but we are generally just a poor side that lacks creativity other than firing balls into the box. Can't help but think that a lot of folk thought this was a certainty for Rangers. Talk of signing targets for next year and Wells awful record at Ibrox. With a defence like that nothing is certain.

The late goal gives us a wee chance but Motherwell have been decent there this term. I expect them to still have that 2 goal advantage at the end of the tie although I won't give up. At least it denied Peter a 60/1 winning bet. How grim would that have been? :)

Well done to the Motherwell lads on here. One of my best mates was at the game in your end. Just rung him there and he is feckin buzzing, I'm sure you will be too.

I'm wondering if the masses in our support will finally waken up to the shambolic state we are in? That tonight illustrated everything that is wrong. Torn to ribbons by the side 2nd bottom of the Premiership. With the amount we have spent, it's simply not good enough. Long road back to turn it around IMO

Gutted.

2 is just too much.

that was the problem for us on Saturday, you are chasing the game, leaving gaps open at the back. An early goal might spook Motherwell though. last years game against Hamilton showed you are still in with a chance.

No complaints, better team won tonight.

We actually started well enough on the ball but lacked that bit of quality in the final 3rd. I said after the Hibs game that if we were up against a team that could take their chances we'd have been horsed. Motherwell managed what they couldn't tonight it seems.

Again I really can't fault them for effort tonight but we are generally just a poor side that lacks creativity other than firing balls into the box. Can't help but think that a lot of folk thought this was a certainty for Rangers. Talk of signing targets for next year and Wells awful record at Ibrox. With a defence like that nothing is certain.

The late goal gives us a wee chance but Motherwell have been decent there this term. I expect them to still have that 2 goal advantage at the end of the tie although I won't give up. At least it denied Peter a 60/1 winning bet. How grim would that have been? :)

Well done to the Motherwell lads on here. One of my best mates was at the game in your end. Just rung him there and he is feckin buzzing, I'm sure you will be too.

I'm wondering if the masses in our support will finally waken up to the shambolic state we are in? That tonight illustrated everything that is wrong. Torn to ribbons by the side 2nd bottom of the Premiership. With the amount we have spent, it's simply not good enough. Long road back to turn it around IMO

The support will finally waken up? Not sure what you're on about. Are there rangers fans who think we have a quality team on the park? Certainly not the ones I know.

that was the problem for us on Saturday, you are chasing the game, leaving gaps open at the back. An early goal might spook Motherwell though. last years game against Hamilton showed you are still in with a chance.

Yeah the longer the game goes on Sunday chasing a goal the more we will leave ourselves open at the back. The goal gives us a very slim chance but I've conceded that we'll be seeing you boys again next year.

I feel your pain - must be awful.

I won't deny I want your team to lose, but know how you feel.

Yeah just makes you think if that's what Motherwell can do to us, what could Aberdeen do?

Yeah the longer the game goes on Sunday chasing a goal the more we will leave ourselves open at the back. The goal gives us a very slim chance but I've conceded that we'll be seeing you boys again next year.

No away goals rule so Rangers still very much in it. Motherwell where poor at defending set pieces tonight.

The support will finally waken up? Not sure what you're on about. Are there rangers fans who think we have a quality team on the park? Certainly not the ones I know.

Nor I although that's not What I meant m8.

There is a huge amount happy with the current management team. That's alarming in itself.

It was the same guys delighted that we signed Miller, Boyd, Black, Zaliukas (feel free to keep adding names, there is about 15 of them)

Those same guys have blamed the McCoist regime on 'impossible working conditions.

The same guys that blame every other team in Scotland for us being unable to run ourselves properly.

Have a read at any Rangers site from the past 3 seasons. They were filled with our fans saying we should have been winning the cup competitions. Even today loads thought we would win that with ease tonight.

We, as a support are clueless at times. Look at the reaction when we scraped past a pish Hibs side. Mccall was the new Klopp, master tactician blah blah blah.

Perhaps now, some will realise how far we are behind the Premiership sides. We were utterly embarrassed by the second worst side in the league tonight and yet, our support, still want McCall to get the job.

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

No doubt the better team won.

Actually thought Motherwell were better in most areas - certainly dominated midfield and were excellent on the counter attack - both in terms of fitness and guile. Didn't think there were three goals in it but they certainly deserve the two goal lead going into Sunday - and I expect a similar result. Thing is I'm actually not that surprised (well I maybe was at 3-0) but Rangers didn't finish third in the Championship by accident. The team is so poor defensively that it's still a surprise they have made it this far without a proper showing up in the play-offs. Very little pace and fitness is just appalling!

What will be interesting is what will happen in the close season. Does McCall stay and get to bring in his own players or will it be root and branch change - or shudder - will they stick with what they have to try to get out the Championship. Will be fascinating to see what happens, and if Dave King will have a major influence over the changes that are clearly required.

Congrats to Motherwell - well deserved.

Interesting times ahead for Rangers!!

TT

Nor I although that's not What I meant m8.

There is a huge amount happy with the current management team. That's alarming in itself.

It was the same guys delighted that we signed Miller, Boyd, Black, Zaliukas (feel free to keep adding names, there is about 15 of them)

Those same guys have blamed the McCoist regime on 'impossible working conditions.

The same guys that blame every other team in Scotland for us being unable to run ourselves properly.

Have a read at any Rangers site from the past 3 seasons. They were filled with our fans saying we should have been winning the cup competitions. Even today loads thought we would win that with ease tonight.

We, as a support are clueless at times. Look at the reaction when we scraped past a pish Hibs side. Mccall was the new Klopp, master tactician blah blah blah.

Perhaps now, some will realise how far we are behind the Premiership sides. We were utterly embarrassed by the second worst side in the league tonight and yet, our support, still want McCall to get the job.

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Again it comes down to us missing a trick by starting from scratch in 2012 and building team full of hungry youngsters. Will we try and do this next year in the championship? Suppose it depends who we have as manager next year. The thing is who are we going to attract for the job that is any better than McCall? Mark Warburton will he still be interested in this car crash

I wouldn't use Rangers forums (or others) to gauge the feelings of the support in general.

Around us at the game, and through the season, fans have been critical of the team. Certainly unhappy with McCoist and the signing policy - and I would say that that has probably been consistent regards most of the people who watch the team regularly.

In terms of McCall, he has been saddled with a pretty dire group of players - some just bad, others with attitude and fitness problems - so it's perhaps just as short sighted to write him off as it is to laud the performance against Hibs/QoS. Not sure what the answer is, or who will be in charge, however clearly something has to give if they want a competitive team - and that's the work that will have to be done over the next couple of months.

In some ways it might be easier to build a team in the Championship that can then be more competitive in the SPL than try to turn this team around in one close season - that's about as much of a silver lining as I can find in this dirty big black cloud!! :unsure:

TT

Again it comes down to us missing a trick by starting from scratch in 2012 and building team full of hungry youngsters. Will we try and do this next year in the championship? Suppose it depends who we have as manager next year. The thing is who are we going to attract for the job that is any better than McCall? Mark Warburton will he still be interested in this car crash

I said that back then and since.

That was Rangers biggest on field mistake.

Hearts were/are a good example and look what they've achieved in the last 12-18 months.

Well aye and I suppose that's what I'm most bitter about. Absolute disgrace, the way we approached the 3rd division.

Anyway I've said that to death, won't change anything now.

Mate you should be confident of staying up after tonight.

We are completely woeful and incompetent.

Hibs threw away a 2 goal lead at home last year in the same fixture.

Ac Milan were 3-0 up and cruising in a champions league final.

Motherwell came back from 5-2 down to draw 6-6 with Hibs.

But Rangers don't have a Gerrard, they don't look to have the spirit of accies last year, and motherwell aren't quite as fragile as Hibs.

We've been pretty good at fir park, and haven't lost by 2 goals or more at home since Aberdeen on January 4th.

Im keeping my powder dry, although I'm moist elsewhere, but we've got to be confident Motherwell can finish this off.

The longer we can keep a clean sheet on Sunday, the more Rangers will have to open up, and we saw tonight how vulnerable they look on the counter attack!