Extinct Teams You've Seen - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guest faircity

Kind of yes and no..... Team playing in current Czech Premier division is a AFC Wimbledon style Phoenix from the flames..... But the original Dukla team did a ICT where it morphed with another team (dropping the name later on).

Teams I have seen,

Wimbledon

Clydebank

Barry Town

I think they became Pribram after moving out of Prague.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they became Pribram after moving out of Prague.

Yeah, they morphed with Pribram to become the short lived team FK Dukla Pribram and played their games in the Juliska Stadium in Prague and playing in Dukla colours..... after a while they all but dropped the Dukla side of things and moved back to their original stadium and kits (green and black), but as of today still hold the "history" of the original Dukla team.

Since the pyramid came into the English league's it is a lot easier for clubs to rise out of the ashes of liquidation my club bradford (park avenue)folded and it was 13 years before there was a bpa playing on a Saturday we now play in a league which includes Boston United andStockport county and up to last season Workington and Barrow who along with ourselves are former football league clubs

Ian

Since the pyramid came into the English league's it is a lot easier for clubs to rise out of the ashes of liquidation my club bradford (park avenue)folded and it was 13 years before there was a bpa playing on a Saturday we now play in a league which includes Boston United andStockport county and up to last season Workington and Barrow who along with ourselves are former football league clubs

Ian

Is that the same league as FC manchester play in now they were promoted.

To all the uninformed so called fitba fans that inaccurately posted Clydebank FC on this list might be interested to here that the club are enjoying life [apart from the season just ended] in Scottish junior fitba and will be playing in the second top division next season.

Please get your facts right before posting.........

xx

To all the uninformed so called fitba fans that inaccurately posted Clydebank FC on this list might be interested to here that the club are enjoying life [apart from the season just ended] in Scottish junior fitba and will be playing in the second top division next season.

Please get your facts right before posting.........

xx

Clydebank are alive and well and playing in Airdrie every second week.

Early 70's. Jim Murdoch,Alex McClaren,Gregor Stevens were the top players then.

My Gran would have been going along then as well, her 2nd home was "the Club" :lol:

She probably made you soup/sandwiches for ht/ft & would have cheered you on or gave you a clip round the ear if you played badly :lol:

As far as I know her & her pal used to basically stand next to the "tunnel" as you came out & you would hear them before you would see them :ok: