Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016 - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about trying to renegotiate the deal with SD entirely, not revenge although I'm quite sure a big percentage of the punters are thinking like that. Hence the reason the shareholders also voted in favour of a board resolution to renegotiate existing retail arrangements.

Reducing it to 49% would help in the short term of course but to me won't help get shot of him for good. The only way to truly send a message is to stop buying merchandise. I mean what's the point in him having this deal if no one is buying and he is also £5m out of pocket? It put's the board in a much stronger position when it comes to the negotiations.

The next share issue will be very interesting. Will the shareholders voting alongside Ashley take up their option or can their involvement in the club be diluted further? It would be much much better if this was made public, but not a chance in hell Ashley and his cronies will allow that.

The really baffling thing is the 22% of shareholders that didn't thin k this was important enough to even vote on. We honesty sometimes deserve all we get when you read stuff like that. Quite happy to bitch and moan but do all about it :angry:

Your last paragraph is a bit silly given you have no idea who didn't vote. It's most likely to be institutional investors who opted not to vote on a non binding resolution than fans so you should probably save your angry face for a worthwhile cause than having a go at your fellow supporters.

Your last paragraph is a bit silly .... so you should probably save your angry face for a worthwhile cause than having a go at your fellow supporters.

Pot: "you're black"

Kettle: "who, me?"

Your last paragraph is a bit silly given you have no idea who didn't vote. It's most likely to be institutional investors who opted not to vote on a non binding resolution than fans so you should probably save your angry face for a worthwhile cause than having a go at your fellow supporters.

Bloody hell uber-fan alert. The contradiction in your post is clearly lost on you.

The bottom line is some of our support have their heads up their arses on such issues. I personally know shareholders that didn't vote in this and I know others that thought it was a great idea to pay Ashley the loan now. One of them saying 'ach I can't be ed with it anymore'

Thankfully it didn't make a difference to today's outcome but the second vote was very close. It's quite clear we still have far too many khunts holding shares in the club. I'm simply asking those who do want to change to get their arse in gear with the rest of us.

Edited by Angus_Young

Bloody hell uber-fan alert. The contradiction in your post is clearly lost on you.

The bottom line is some of our support have their heads up their arses on such issues. I personally know shareholders that didn't vote in this and I know others that thought it was a great idea to pay Ashley the loan now. One of them saying 'ach I can't be ed with it anymore'

Thankfully it didn't make a difference to today's outcome but the second vote was very close. It's quite clear we still have far too many khunts holding shares in the club. I'm simply asking those who do want to change to get their arse in gear with the rest of us.

Hardly uber fan alert. You're the one who said we had no one to blame but ourselves for the state of the club because not everyone voted in the egm.

Firstly, given the shareholdings in the club the 23% who didn't vote is unlikely to be fans even though some individual fan shareholders probably didn't vote. Secondly, the resolutions are an irrelevance because they are non binding on the board and are essentially a poll of shareholder opinion on these issues.

I don't think the "khunts" holding shares in the club are individual rangers fans who may be disillusioned with the ongoing saga at rangers. The real villains are mad and his allies. I think you're having a go at the wrong people.

I can understand why people would want rangers to re pay Ashley his loan now. It's arguable that it's a sensible business move. If someone has the opinion it doesn't make them a "khunt".

Hardly uber fan alert. You're the one who said we had no one to blame but ourselves for the state of the club because not everyone voted in the egm.

Firstly, given the shareholdings in the club the 23% who didn't vote is unlikely to be fans even though some individual fan shareholders probably didn't vote. Secondly, the resolutions are an irrelevance because they are non binding on the board and are essentially a poll of shareholder opinion on these issues.

I don't think the "khunts" holding shares in the club are individual rangers fans who may be disillusioned with the ongoing saga at rangers. The real villains are mad and his allies. I think you're having a go at the wrong people.

I can understand why people would want rangers to re pay Ashley his loan now. It's arguable that it's a sensible business move. If someone has the opinion it doesn't make them a "khunt".

No I was making the point that we have a support full of guys who will complain and whine that the whole world is against us but won't stand up when it counts. And I mean that over a variety of issues, not just this one. People had a voice today and chose not to use it. It baffles me and aye it also pissed me off. Sorry if that offends you.

You are quite correct about it being non-binding of course but it DID show that we aren't out of the woods yet due to the amount that were against the renegotiation. Again this is an important part in getting the club functioning properly.

As for the last part you have totally misunderstood my post. Re-read it. The khunts comment WAS aimed at them (Ashley and co) They are still there and hold a sizeable chunk. I never at any time referred to individual Bears or the guys that voted or didn't vote as khunts. Im making the point that it's all of us that can make a difference, especially at the up-coming share issue because we don't know what that other mob will do. That's why it angers me when, we as a support, don't bother

Edited by Angus_Young

While Sports Direct get a big cut of the profits the fans won't buy the shirts in any real numbers. They don't want Ashley getting anything as he's tried to screw the club for as much as he can get.

It's kind of like getting revenge on him and all the other thieving bastards that have been robbing the club over the last few years

It doesn't really make sense but that's the way it seems to me.

Would you still have a club if Ashley had not given you a loan that your club are not paying back. And you are calling him a robbing Barsteward.

He is a businessman who done a deal to sell Rangers merchandise and got some guarantees to cover the loan that now Rangers do not like.

No I was making the point that we have a support full of guys who will complain and whine that the whole world is against us but won't stand up when it counts. And I mean that over a variety of issues, not just this one. People had a voice today and chose not to use it. It baffles me and aye it also pissed me off.

There's simply no evidence for this, other than you chatting to a couple of fans. The main block of shares owned by the rst, rangers first etc would have voted so I think you're the one complaining and whining about nothing.

There's simply no evidence for this, other than you chatting to a couple of fans. The main block of shares owned by the rst, rangers first etc would have voted so I think you're the one complaining and whining about nothing.

Haha I'm known for that already m8. I'll be delighted if that is the case. I'm not convinced though and I don't see how you can be either. Time will tell who is right. I sincerely hope it's not me........for once :D

Can't say that I do. Terry Butcher was on Talk Sport this morning talking about him in glowing terms this morning apparently.

hardly likely to slate him much like goram in the papers,new management team will be the new wally smith and erchie knox and the best thing since sliced bread

hardly likely to slate him much like goram in the papers,new management team will be the new wally smith and erchie knox and the best thing since sliced bread

Goram's a bit more of a cheerleader than Butcher has ever been. He's not exactly been overly complimentary about Rangers since he left.

Willing to give Kiernan a chance, as with any of the youth Warburton brings in. It is a step in the right direction, opposed to what we have been used to over the last 3 years. In Warb we trust.

Willing to give Kiernan a chance, as with any of the youth Warburton brings in. It is a step in the right direction, opposed to what we have been used to over the last 3 years. In Warb we trust.

Aye said as much in the Transfer thread. Majority of our signings will be of the 'who is he?' variety imo.

He has got the gig though so a certain amount of trust needs to be placed in him at the minute.

Way-hey!!

As long as everything disnae go for a Burton!

Would you still have a club if Ashley had not given you a loan that your club are not paying back. And you are calling him a robbing Barsteward.

He is a businessman who done a deal to sell Rangers merchandise and got some guarantees to cover the loan that now Rangers do not like.

They aren't paying the loan back because it's not due yet. Ashley was looking for early repayment because hes a robbing and wants to make life difficult for the new regime. My point stands and your's doesn't make sense.

Guest faircity

Isn't it the case that Ashley is simply calling out King? Perhaps he just wants to see the colour of his money. 5 million to Ashley is like a tenner to the rest of us.

Don't think he'll be a bad signing at all. People often mock journeymen often and perhaps rightly, but they do have better ability than most to slot into a variety of teams. Just don't do a Killie and hand them a 20 year contract...

Edit: His name was familiar so googled him, turns out he's made 4 appearances for the famous... Perhaps a tad out of your league then :wave:

Edited by Scunnered