2015 Derby - Golden Horn - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2015 Derby - Golden Horn

perthTam

It's won the best trial over a wee bit further than 1 Mile 2 Furlongs

The Derby is 1 Mile 4 furlongs

There is no guarantee that it will stay the trip (probably will) and Dettori is on it (not a plus in 2015)

It is far too short a price

Gosden's other runner and second favourite is Jack Hobbs

A really big horse who is improving with each run and definitely will stay

Id rather have a fiver each way on Jack Hobbs at 11/2 than a tenner on Golden Horn at 15/8

Jack Hobbs wins his first race

Jack Hobbs and Golden Horn in the Dante (Group 2) 1 mile 2 furlongs

Golden Horn, Jack Hobbs and Elm Park working at Epsom

John Gosden discussed his Epsom runners

Im concerned with the way Jack Hobbs carries his head to the right but he reminds me of Denman - a total monster

Having watched Giovanni Canaletto I'm surprised that he's came into 6s from 16s ,his form just doesn't stack up to winning a Derby though Zawraq being a non runner certainly helps.

Only one horse beaten in the Dante has won a Derby (Workforce) so Jack Hobbs & Elm Park are automatically scrubbed.

Hans Holbien I thought was a good e/w bet but the money for GC puts me off.

The French horse is a beast who might make the 25/1 on offer look silly,Group1 winner at two he might have needed his first run of 2015 though Silverwave done nothing for the form in the Prix De Jockey Club but Mme Head-Maarek doesn't send over horses for the shits and giggles.

Success Days beat a horse by 10l who had previously beat Hans Holbien by 6l yet Hans Holbien is three points shorter.

He won both Irish trials going left handed(the Ballysax & Derristown) by a combined 15l ,If he was trained by a more fashionable trainer than Ken Condon he would vying for favouritism with Golden Horn.He goes from the front so you'll either get a run for your money or know your fate early on.

I can see Success Days taking them along and Golden Horn coming to do him swinging 2 out before finding nothing off the bridle ,with GC running into a place :-)

1.SD

2.GH

3.GC

Im going to have a saver e/w on Hans Holbein

Should be an uncomplicated ride and will stay further than a mile and a half and probably more of a leger horse

It's got less to prove albeit deserted by Moore

The way this thread started every single one of us should have had the forecast - but probably none of us did

Although I did take your advice and switched from Golden Horn to the value offered by Success Days.

Never travelled in the race.A 150/1 shot finished in front of him and Elm Park.

Did you see American Pharoah ?

The scenes at Belmont were unbelievable

I'm hoping Aidan O'Brien will be taken to task for not informing the public that Hans Holbein was going to be used as a pacemaker