Would You Take A Draw Right Now? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Would You Take A Draw Right Now?

Stuart87

If you were given a draw against Ireland right now, would you take it? Personally I would. I'm feeling very nervous about this one. I hope I'm wrong and we've performed very well so far but there's bound to be one game where we slip up. I reckon a draw in this one would put us in a great position with a better head to head with Ireland and the Germans and Poles still to come to Hampden.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draw would not be the worst result, but we need to go for the win as I feel win in Dublin and we effectively guarantee ourselves 3rd place at the worst (draw and I can see this going to the last couple of games with 3 teams fighting over 2 spots)

No I think we have to go for it.beating Ireland will finish their challenge in the group.

I agree with that but they'll view a draw as a major blow to their chances so if we play it right we can hopefully take advantage of them going for the win.

We'vs got to avoid going behind in the match.

Head says take the draw but really believe we can win, nervous but in a good way. A way I've not felt about Scotland games for about 8 years.

I see the BBC saying Hoolahan is a major doubt for the game, would be a big blow for them loosing him.

Head says take the draw but really believe we can win, nervous but in a good way. A way I've not felt about Scotland games for about 8 years.

I see the BBC saying Hoolahan is a major doubt for the game, would be a big blow for them loosing him.

he will be fine, norwich wanted him to pull out he said no, will need an operation later

Edited by LewisEDI

No, we need to win given that Poland are at home to Georgia and will go three/four points clear if we don't win. Add to that, Poland are at home to Gibraltar and we're away to Georgia (with both of us playing Germany over the same weekend) before the game in October so it's crucial we stay in touch with them.

I would take a draw right now if I am totally honest. Anything away from home is a bonus, I think this game far to close to call, our only advantage is our Manager's, other than that i believe both teams are equally Good/Average/Pish, delete where appropriate.

I would take a draw right now if I am totally honest. Anything away from home is a bonus, I think this game far to close to call, our only advantage is our Manager's, other than that i believe both teams are equally Good/Average/Pish, delete where appropriate.

Settling for "anything" away from home is why we've not qualified for 18 years.

Some folk need to get a reality check.

A draw does not harm our chances of qualifying too much but it is a dagger to the guts of Ireland's chances so yes I'd take a draw. I'd sooner we got the win though as that would really fire us into a strong position in the group. A loss would be a big blow to our hopes and we'd be about where Ireland are now (chances wise) hanging by a thread.

be ause Poland beat Germany i feel we are already on the back foot to them so we need to win in Dublin if we want to finnish in top 2

Correct! We are potentially facing a scenario where we could be more than five points behind them by the time we play them at Hampden. They've got the weakest teams in the group at home and Germany away before then whilst we've got a potentially tricky trip to Georgia (under new management since Poland skelpt them in Tblisi) and Germany at home in addition to Dublin. We need to keep them within 3 points so that a victory at Hampden will see us overtake them and effectively qualify given that we're away to Gibraltar to finish.

As shown under Craig Levein many times playing for a draw doesn't work. You invite too much pressure from the opposition and 9 times out of 10 they will convert one of their chances.

Keeping it tight at the back is obviously a must but even away from home you should always be looking to score goals and get the win.