W C 2022 Poll - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qatar World Cup  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should WC 2022 be taken away from Qatar?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If WC2022 is taken away from Qatar, which of these two options should host it?

• England
    • USA

I voted No

Feck Austraila as well.Its four weeks away by plane ya mental bastards.

21 hours from Glasgow to Sydney. Using travel as an excuse not to host a tournament there is a pathetic one.

I voted No

Feck Austraila as well.Its four weeks away by plane ya mental bastards.

This lol

Think Australia have withdrawn interest hosting it now, but USA and England declared interest in hosting if it is taken away from Qatar

Edited by Geed

Games on at 4am/6am and 8am for the biggest TV audience haha!

Even Sepp Blatter is not that daft

Korea/Japan games were on at 7am & 12.30pm, ok for a weekend but during the week the mainstream audience are working. Didn't stop them getting the World Cup and nor it should.

What you're basically saying is that it's not convenient for the European nations to go Australia for a tournament but it's perfectly acceptable to ask them, New Zealand and so on to make the same journey over to Europe at similar expenses? Love your Equal Rights policy...

Yes .Far less hassle to ask 8 students on a gap year who don't know a soccer ball from Rolf Harris to come to Europe than 200,000 + actual football fans to travel to the arse end of the world where spiders can kill you.

It's just common sense

So you think Qatar should keep the World Cup even though thousands have already died because of shocking working conditions but Australia shouldn't ever get it because a couple of spiders may kill a person? Priceless!!!!!!

If England had got it in the first place would there have been all the recent hoohah I wonder or would those bribes have been better disguised.

It's not just England who are complaining.

From the minute Qatar were voted in, the whole thing just smelled of corruption and was never going to go down well. A nation one-fifth the population of Scotland and no football heritage whatsoever getting the biggest sporting event on the planet! Hmm

Voted for USA only because it was the non euro option. I think it would be easy enough for England to host it as they have enough (I think) stadiums already in place then it would only come down to getting the infrastructure