Tns Poll Holyrood - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There not being a separate Scottish Labour Party has all but consigned the Scottish Labour Party to the history books. I'd rather SNP seats decrease or at the very least remain static in favour of the Greens and SSP/SLP but ho hum!

@DrPaulMiddleton: #Holyrood seat prediction on TNS poll (SNP would probably win all const seats)

SNP 75 (+6)

LAB 24 (-13)

CON 16 (+1)

GRN 10 (+8)

LD 4 (-1)

Saddened to see the Lib Dems with as many as 4 MSPs.

Huge majority for pro Yes parties though, if this holds up, and if anyone still believes polls after the General Election!

If you were inclined, as I am, to favour the Greens over Labour/Tory/Lib Dems then they really need your second vote. Even at 50% the SNP only gain another three seats in the regional list, it's a wasted vote if they hit 60% FPTP.

You know how unionist politicians and media go on about Scotland being a 'one party state' due to SNP popularity? Well if they want to rectify that they've got to at least meet the electorate half way, by not putting up candidates that are completely shyte.

What part of their manifesto made you choose them? :wink2:

They have a part where they seem condescending folk from Ayrshire shall be banned from internet messageboards.

Could the delightful Katy Clark stand,,,,,

Not for Labour but as an Independent ...

She would be an Asset to our Parliament... but is she too big for Holyrude?

I would love to see Lesley Riddoch stand as an Independent as well..

we need more Margos.....

Labour should be doing what it should have done ages ago and embrace Independence.

There is NOTHING in the base philosophies of the Labour Party and the labour movement in general wbich says they should oppose a people's self-determination and right to statehood.

Quite the opposite, they should have been wholly in favour all along.

Does the Labour party oppose the existence of any other country in the world??

No, of course it doesn't, so why opppose the existence of Scotland?

(There is an answer to that which is they only saw Scotland as a free supply of 40-50 MP's for the party machine in London, well no more. ..)

buckielugger I'm sure plenty of the Labour MSPs deep down know going pro indy is their best option. But after having been so visible anti indy last year it is unthinkable to consider it, therefore its just attacking the SNP in Edinburgh and Tories in London.

total irrelevance of a party, they are just a soundbite pressure group thesedays.

All of it for me. I prefer them to the SNP, but will continue to vote SNP until we're independent.

Second vote Green though.

That's similar my way of thinking too.

My SNP MSP is doing a fine job but only squeaked in last time ahead of the longstanding Labour MSP - by 7 votes - so I reckon it could be tight again.

If I still stayed in Glasgow Kelvin I would most probably vote for the excellent Patrick Harvie in the constituency list. Instead, I will most probably vote Green in the regional list, but that may change depending on what kind of manifesto the new SLP/SSP outfit put forward.

You know how unionist politicians and media go on about Scotland being a 'one party state' due to SNP popularity? Well if they want to rectify that they've got to at least meet the electorate half way, by not putting up candidates that are completely shyte.

As amusing as it is watching Scottish Labour implode, any successful democracy needs a strong opposition.

The Scottish party, as I see it, has two options: 1) break away from the London party and re-launch themselves as proper Scottish Labour Party with distinct policies; or 2) go with the flow and head right, in effect occupying the ground that might have been taken up by the Tories, who also ought to have cut themselves loose from London a long time ago but remain toxic to many voters in Scotland (and who are becoming toxic to a whole new generation of voter, thanks to their current endeavours).