Safe Standing - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thankfully I've just got my ST in an area that's been earmarked for it.

2600 odd places

Is that the green brigade section?

(I presume they are back where they used to sit before they got banned, dispersed, then recongregated in the enclosure?)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fantastic.... Killie are nearly there. We took loads of money from Celtic last few years to replace vandalised seats but we kept the money and replaced the seats with seats from the Moffat. If they smash a few hundred more they will pretty much leave the Moffat standing anyway :ok:

fantastic.... Killie are nearly there. We took loads of money from Celtic last few years to replace vandalised seats but we kept the money and replaced the seats with seats from the Moffat. If they smash a few hundred more they will pretty much leave the Moffat standing anyway :ok:

:lol:

Aye, I'm pretty sure they could save a few bob on the removal of the old seats, their fans have plenty experience at ripping them out.

from 16/17. 15/16 would be better but suppose work needs to be carried out. This will hopefully pave the way for all Scottish clubs with all-seaters who want it, to start the process of introducing it - we will then see which local authorities are complete job's worths.

With this, the pyramid system and play-offs, my wish list is becoming shorter. Now just awaiting:

- summer football

- rebranding (completely separate and distinguishable from the EPL)

- alcohol permitted in grounds

- better pre-match entertainment to encourage you to go to the ground and stadia area earlier (and contribute to the club's revenue). linked to the above point.

At the current pace, maybe all of the above within 5 years.........

Perth coouncil will be near the top of the list!

Apart from Celtic and Rangers, I can honestly not see many teams go ahead with this, as isn't the costs to install very expensive? Sure that was the line Aberdeen used when they were asked their stance on it.

Also, I think it will be years before you see this being done in large area's within Scottish stadiums (is it just the two corners of Celtic Park that is being talked about as areas set aside for this?) so chances it will be years before we see (if we ever do) standing sections at the likes of Easter Road, Tynecastle, Rugby Park, Pittodrie (though Aberdeen have the advantage of a new stadium being planned, so can be integrated into those plans for when it ever gets off the ground).

Hopefully UEFA/FIFA will relax the criteria and it could be done for Hampden internationals. If the East and West stands were converted you could be looking at a capacity of over 60,000. Far better to stand behind the goals at Hampden anyway...

Edited by Toepoke

Hopefully UEFA/FIFA will relax the criteria and it could be done for Hampden internationals. If the East and West stands were converted you could be looking at a capacity of over 60,000...

Excellent, even more empty seats...

Think there is a bit of confusion over what they are actually considering at Celtic. It is different to Dortmund and other stadiums in Germany where the seating is wheeled out and in.

What is being proposed is something like this, it doesn't increase the capacity at all as it is basically 1 seat to 1 safe standing. Not massively different to everyone standing at their seat with a barrier in front of them.Seats are put up to make it standing.

In Dortmund and some other stadiums in Germany the terracing is different and is more like old school terracing you had where you could move about with barriers placed here and there. They wheel the seats in and out somehow.

Looks like you could get two rows of standing for each row of seats.

Therefore double the capacity...

No, guy on sky says it take up the same space as per having a seat in place, so capacity not effected.

I just don't get standing, especially if it doesn't increase capacity, just a gimmick for hipsters that want to stick those shitty ultras stickers everywhere.

Because a lot of fans prefer it.

I don't mind sitting at some club games but for all Scotland games, the energy and adrenaline makes you want to stand.

The atmosphere is also far more muted and stifled in seated areas IMO.

Each to their own but it would be good to have the choice.

I just don't get standing, especially if it doesn't increase capacity, just a gimmick for hipsters that want to stick those shitty ultras stickers everywhere.

It's never been about increasing the capacity. It's about having an area where people can go and stand to support the team. Safe and without blocking the view of those who'd rather sit down.

Pretty straight forward I'd say.

I agree, only ever sit at half time anyway and at least then if yer next te a cockbag ye can move. :ok:

You wouldn't be able to move any more than you could at the moment. It's still a designated area that you are given a ticket for, it won't be like the old days when you could move anywhere you liked.

It was on Reporting Scotland at 6.45pm .

It's an allocated seat/place like now but the seats are unlocked and folded down into a seat for certain, permitted standing games then unlocked and folded down again as a seat for the others.

The seat in front has a small barrier to lean on for the standing games.

Looked brilliantly simple.

I'm all for Safe standing.

But, Silly question perhaps?

See when it's a seat, will the rail to lean on when you're standing not be right at eye level when you're sitting?

We basically have safe standing anyway, at least this way, it can seperate those who would prefer to sit, to avoid any problems with folk standing.

(Those awkward ones where you've got a kid or small person behind you, but everyone else is standing for example)