Arches Forced Into Admin - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Arches Forced Into Admin

I think they have to take some of the blame. They allowed a 17 year old in, who subsequently died. They hosted nights that attracted neds, which by all accounts kept the police busy. If they'd stuck to the higher quality nights I don't think they would have had any issues

I think they have to take some of the blame. They allowed a 17 year old in, who subsequently died. They hosted nights that attracted neds, which by all accounts kept the police busy. If they'd stuck to the higher quality nights I don't think they would have had any issues

:ok:

:ok:

Some amount of ill informed comments on various sites about this.

Going by the above you'd be shutting a hell of a lot of nightclubs in Glasgow.

Funny how the Council have granted licenses to the biggest nedfest of the year yet again at Bellahouston Park. Just a coincidence that they get the money for the rental I suppose.

The Arches for an unprecedented six years won gold standard under the Glasgow Community Safety/Strathclyde Police Best Bar None awards – recognition of best practice in maintaining safe and well-run premises. No other venue in Scotland has achieved that.

There's underage folk at everynightclub in Glasgow, every nightclub will have underage kids on drugs. Just so happens the strictest one in Glasgow in terms of searches got closed down.

It won't solve any problems, the same clubbers/nights will move to SWG3. Just means we've lost one of the best music venues in the country, if not europe.

http://www.thearches.co.uk/news/2015/06/press-release-the-arches-left-with-no-other-choice-than-to-go-into-administration

a shambolic decision by the authorities. Admittedly I've not been to The Arches in about 10 years but if they think they can solve scotlands ned/underage/drugs problem by closing The Arches then they are very wrong.

there's been more crime and deaths at T in the Park has there not?

Funny how the Council have granted licenses to the biggest nedfest of the year yet again at Bellahouston Park. Just a coincidence that they get the money for the rental I suppose.

The Arches for an unprecedented six years won gold standard under the Glasgow Community Safety/Strathclyde Police Best Bar None awards – recognition of best practice in maintaining safe and well-run premises. No other venue in Scotland has achieved that.

There's underage folk at everynightclub in Glasgow, every nightclub will have underage kids on drugs. Just so happens the strictest one in Glasgow in terms of searches got closed down.

It won't solve any problems, the same clubbers/nights will move to SWG3. Just means we've lost one of the best music venues in the country, if not europe.

http://www.thearches.co.uk/news/2015/06/press-release-the-arches-left-with-no-other-choice-than-to-go-into-administration

Nedfest? Who in particular?

More or less spot on. Never been a regular at the Arches but been to a fair few events and Octo of course. Whisky festival held there every year too. It isn't going to fix "problem" and as someone said, more people have probably died at TITP over the years than Arches which is open all year long. Absolutely shite decision.

Similar thing happened at the metro in salcoats. They wanted to go back to playing proper dance music and move away from the r and b nights but the licencing folk said no due to all the trouble from the busloads that came from outside of the local area. Tried to explain that it was locals that caused the bother but they wouldn't listen.

On the arches front I totally agree that it shouldn't close only been once but new folk who went regular. Has this not been on the cards for a while though heard rumours for a bit now

a shambolic decision by the authorities. Admittedly I've not been to The Arches in about 10 years but if they think they can solve scotlands ned/underage/drugs problem by closing The Arches then they are very wrong.

there's been more crime and deaths at T in the Park has there not?

More stabbings /deaths /drugs at TITP. Easily.

You barely get looked at in way in, never mind arches style searches.

Has this not been on the cards for a while though heard rumours for a bit now

what was the gay night that got a lot of negative press about 5 or 6 years back? Did they not give the arches a short term closure order after that?

the authorities have had them on a short leash since then and it seems this is the final straw.

Edited by Big Col

That was 2 years ago and I'm not sure that Calvin has a particularly huge neddish following. I've seen horrible scenes every time Take That are in town.

Calvin Harris will be similar crowd to Avicci. Point still stands. As does titp one.

Take That are a horrible crowd. Nothing is ever done about that though.

what was the gay night that got a lot of negative press about 5 or 6 years back? Did they not give the arches a short term closure order after that?

the authorities have had them on a short leash since then and it seems this is the final straw.

Funny thing about that was that one was an off duty copper.