Relentless Bombardment - The Final Straw - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Relentless Bombardment - The Final Straw

.....and now a report from BBC China concluding that "there is certainly no clamour here for Scottish Independence".

This from within China, which the report acknowledges, regards talk of independence as a treasonable offence.

This after an orchestrated, co-ordinated media campaign day totally dominated by NO, and then....

....Survation - preannounced over 4 hours early to continue the domination by 3 Stooges (who cannot even be seen together in the same picture - Better Together? Aye feckin right

Then a long interview with CEO of Kingfisher

Then a voiceless comment from BP's Bob Dudley

which can be used in every BBC soundbite

Then, and I can't type quick enough to keep up with this,

Paul Krugman - now being interviewed on C4 - "a disaster for Scotland" this from a right wing American resident of NYC

etc etc etc

I can't believe I'm seeing coverage like this

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoroughly depressed watching today's stuff. How the hell can an 'impartial' media get away with this? It isn't even subtle any more. It's an absolute disgrace and I truly hope, should Scotland vote Yes, that they're held to account.

Jackie Bird's interview was astonishing. I'm used to seeing bias from pro-union interviewers, but this was on a whole new level. It was actually so blatant that it may well have worked in our favour.

Did anyone watch the Salmond beeb interview the night? i actually thought Salmond was superb, answered everything detailed and clearly. looked thoroughly peed off with jbird at one point and quite rightly so.

There was then an interview with 3 undecideds that were basically no's. looked staged if am honest and their reasons were illinformed and quite frankly wrong.Tearing my hair out at this point.

Edited by JECK

Thoroughly depressed watching today's stuff. How the hell can an 'impartial' media get away with this? It isn't even subtle any more. It's an absolute disgrace and I truly hope, should Scotland vote Yes, that they're held to account.

Jackie Bird's interview was astonishing. I'm used to seeing bias from pro-union interviewers, but this was on a whole new level. It was actually so blatant that it may well have worked in our favour.

The ordinary man in the street will not notice this and believe the p1sh about the currency. How do you make a formal complaint to the BBC? If we all do it they have to respond.

Did anyone watch the Salmond beeb interview the night? i actually thought Salmond was superb, answered everything detailed and clearly. looked thoroughly peed off with jbird at one point and quite rightly so.

There was then an interview with 3 undecideds that were basically no's. looked staged if am honest and their reasons were illinformed and quite frankly wrong.Tearing my hair out at this point.

Aye, that's my take on it. Thought Salmond was brilliant in the face of some screaming hyena.

If they really expected viewers to believe those 3 idiots were 'undecided', then it says it all.

Liked the way Salmond stayed calm and collected, unlike Darling on last night's Scotland Tonight (almost melted). Jackie Bird took the opportunity to try and look and sound like some hard-nosed investigative journalist - and failed miserably.

Stick to easy links, cosy anchoring and Hogmanay shindigs, Jackie.

Loads have complained to the BBC and , if at all, just received a standard patronising denial/rebuttal. Waste of time and too late now.

The BBC are finished regardless of the vote. Never to be trusted on any topic.

In what way will they be finished though.

Tanya Beckett on BBC World tonight only just managed to stop herself making a derogatory comment about the Scottish accent when comparing the Scottish Referendum to the Quebec one. It was pointed out to her that there was a linguistic issue in the Quebec debate which is not the case in the Scottish Referendum.

'oh............we'd better not go there.'

I think this relentless and disgusting media bias means we won't get the yes vote.

I still can't believe they are getting away with promising more powers because a) votes have been cast and b. extra powers was never an option

I'm feeling really pissed off about this right now.

Edited by vanderark14

I think this relentless and disgusting media bias means we won't get the yes vote.

I still can't believe they are getting away with promising more powers because a) votes have been cast and b. extra powers was never an option

I'm feeling really pissed off about this right now.

They are not promising anything more than they were before the votes were cast they have just advised of the timetable

Having said that we now really have mo idea what the deal will be because they are now saying they are going to come up with whatever it will be after discussion. At least before you knew what each party was apparently offering

They are not promising anything more than they were before the votes were cast they have just advised of the timetable

I know they will deliver all to us in the event of a no vote but the fearful among us scots will swallow this up and vote no.

I believe this is the turning point and I don't trust our population get this right.

I think this will back fire on them, some of the reports and what they coming away with is just rubbish no matter how you paint it up, Plus Scots IMO don't like English MPs telling us what to do, keep up the fight, We win this, PS I don't believe they are up just cause it's close, think they have private polls which show BIG lead, IMO

Now we're hearing that Lloydsand RBS will move their HQs down south in the event of a Yes vote. FFS both these corrupt organisations owe the Westminster government their very existence, of course they're going to come out with stuff like that.

Funny how pretty much every individual of firm coming out with the stuff designed to scare us into voting No have got some sort of reliance on or are puppets of Westminster.

Salmond being proved right yet again when he said that we were gonna be bombarded this week and next.

Hold firm. Fear is a liar. Don't be put off. The truth will win through if we trust our judgement.