Relentless Bombardment - The Final Straw - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Relentless Bombardment - The Final Straw

'Yes' has never been about 'fukk you england'.

Personally I love england and love englanders (especially Kernie), I think we all do.

But as much as I love them I want to run my own affairs.

Wanting to run my own affairs and loving you english are not mutually exclusive you know.

Would perhaps Mash it Up Harry (aka Thpinth) or St George care to add their love?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a time where Thatcher and the unionists branded the great man a terrorist, Glasgow granted Mr Mandela the freedom of the city.

We have previously shown that we have people who are willing to stand out from the crowd and make their opinions heard.

Here's to the citizens of this fine country using their democratic vote to usher in a new dawn for this nation.

We have under a week to go and we can all make a difference by each of us convincing at least one undecided that there is merit in voting for independence. If we all did that then we would be sitting here in 7 days time having voted for independence.

This is our time. This is our chance. If ever you wanted to do something for your country, then this is the time to step up and make a difference.Make your opinion heard in the homes, workplaces and pubs across the country.

Do this for Scotland!!!

A vote for Yes is a belief it will provide a better future for us all, that is their essential message, and you will note the consequences of voting No is not particularly important or relevant to the YES message. They focus on the benefits of voting Yes not the consequences of voting No.

A vote for No is a belief you will suffer and be punished if we vote Yes, they have seemingly no beneficial message (without first assuming a Yes threat). You will not be 'better' as they claim, just not punished.

No one knows the future despite what anyone claims but do you want to sign up to people who have run you into the ground to gain your 'loyalty' or rather fear?

Hope you don't mind but I've quoted you on Facebook

And still it continues, daily record now quoting some german boy from deutsche bank saying independence will cause a Great Depression. So suddenly Scotland has gone from an economic basket case that can't afford to be on it's own to an economy capacle of causing a world depression. You have to laugh!!

And still it continues, daily record now quoting some german boy from deutsche bank saying independence will cause a Great Depression. So suddenly Scotland has gone from an economic basket case that can't afford to be on it's own to an economy capacle of causing a world depression. You have to laugh!!

I have an account with Deutsche Bank...I' will be straight onto them about this! Noses oot!

Was reminded of this because of what's been happening over the last few days. Not the best of videos but great lyrics, originally written as a broadside against Reagan but some of these lines seem kind of appropriate for the death throes of the union. And with a name like that somewhere down the line he must have some Scots ancestry:

You've got covert action / Prejudice to extremes

You've got primitive cunning / And high tech means

You've got eyes everywhere / But people see through you

You've got good manipulators / Got your store of dupes

You've got the idiot clamour / Of your lobby groups

You like to play on fears / But people see through you

You've got instant communication / Instant data tabulation

You got the forces of occupation / But you don't get capitulation

Cause people see through you

You've got the sounding brass / You've got the triumph of the will

You do what you want to / And we pay the bills

you hype the need for sacrifice / but people see through you

You've got anti-matter language / Contrived to conceal

You've been lying so long / You don't know what's real

You're a figment of your own imagination / And people see through you

You've got lip service tributaries / You've got death fetish mercenaries

You hold the tickets to the cemetaries / You're big and bad and scary

But people see through you

Good stuff. And yes I went to a Bruce gig in Glasgow a few years back and he said it's the one place he tours where everyone says his name correctly :ok:

Edited by Toepoke

Was reminded of this because of what's been happening over the last few days. Not the best of videos but great lyrics, originally written as a broadside against Reagan but some of these lines seem kind of appropriate for the death throes of the union. And with a name like that somewhere down the line he must have some Scots ancestry:

You've got covert action / Prejudice to extremes

You've got primitive cunning / And high tech means

You've got eyes everywhere / But people see through you

You've got good manipulators / Got your store of dupes

You've got the idiot clamour / Of your lobby groups

You like to play on fears / But people see through you

You've got instant communication / Instant data tabulation

You got the forces of occupation / But you don't get capitulation

Cause people see through you

You've got the sounding brass / You've got the triumph of the will

You do what you want to / And we pay the bills

you hype the need for sacrifice / but people see through you

You've got anti-matter language / Contrived to conceal

You've been lying so long / You don't know what's real

You're a figment of your own imagination / And people see through you

You've got lip service tributaries / You've got death fetish mercenaries

You hold the tickets to the cemetaries / You're big and bad and scary

But people see through you

Thanks so much for introducing me to this guy. Can't believe I'd never heard of him. Must be because the big record companies dont like his lyrics. That's a brilliant song and so is 'If i had a rocket launcher..'

I have an account with Deutsche Bank...I' will be straight onto them about this! Noses oot!

That will be this Deutchse Bank:

In previous reports, Deutsche Bank has argued that without pre-planning, as reports indicate is the case, the ruling UK government is risking financial stability if it rejects a currency union between what would be two separate nations. This could have negative consequences. While the Bank of England has drawn up contingency plans, Scottish independence would be considered a major negative for England’s currency, the Sterling. If separation took place, the UK would lose its most productive region – and source of tax revenue. As a result, its current account deficit would broaden, deepening its debt wows, and a new border would be imposed with its now second largest trading partner, the report highlighted. Such a vote could lead to a delay in rate hikes and “raising the prospect of a null and void 2015 election."

source http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/09/scottish-independence/

Edited by GavfaeKillie

The boy from Deutsche Bank has said on sky:

"It COULD be potentially catastrophic for Scotland economically.

As soon as Scotland does become formally independent, all banks will lose access to boe borrowing and that will potentially destabilise the banking system in Scotland.

Moreover, domestic residents in Scotland would no longer feel confident to have their deposits in resident Scottish banks and so they'd switch their money to the rest of the uk based banks"

'As soon as Scotland does become formally independent' 18 months min, so (I think) there is no need to be trumpeting this unless it is another story to install fear into voters. Which of course, exactly what it is.

'all banks will lose access to boe borrowing' if they are international banks, registered and operating in ruk, why would they lose access? Do boe only fund english banks (if there are any) Is this why the brass plaques have been moved to London recently?

Moreover, domestic residents in Scotland would no longer feel confident to have their deposits in resident Scottish banks and so they'd switch their money to the rest of the uk based banks. Are there any 'resident Scottish Banks' left? Airdrie savings bank?

As Gav says above, this is more to do with the ruk's difficulties but being dressed up as a problem for Scotland.

Edited by Ex-Whitfield