Skye - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Skye

Hertsscot

September and May are my favourite times.

Can't make September due to work commitments but May could be a goer

I like this time of year, less midges. Can't really guarantee any sunshine though. :)

Cheers, sunshine is a bonus when it happens.

Edited by Hertsscot

i'm sure this has been mentioned many a time before but I'm planning next year's holiday, any advice on the best time to visit Skye? Less midges, more sunshine etc.

I'm from Skye, my best advice would be May/June if your wanting to avoid the rain. Hardly get any in these months, while August can have a fair amount of rain. Although in general, this year there was a very good summer.

March! Seriously, if you're as lucky as I've been the weather can be mild and dry and of course no midges.

Only rained once and that was on arrival then the welcome rainbow appeared. The only downside being the mist covering Neist Point which I've yet to see in full vision.

Big plus is booking fabulous self catering accomodation* at half the price of the spring/summer rates.

* :whistling:

I'm from Skye, my best advice would be May/June if your wanting to avoid the rain. Hardly get any in these months, while August can have a fair amount of rain. Although in general, this year there was a very good summer.

You still stay there? if so I am SO jealous. Was up camping about a month ago, most amazing place I've ever been.