Retro Scotland Tops - Genuine Or Official Ebay - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Retro Scotland Tops - Genuine Or Official Ebay

TheReid

Have many of you guys bought retro tops off of eBay? If so is the quality of them up to standard?

If there are any other websites you can suggest?

By genuine I am assuming you mean an actual top from the era - say the umbro 82 top. The ones listed about by other poster are new shirts made to look like say 82 or 86 tops and aren't from the era; as such they will not be umbro tops or be allowed to have the emblem. If you want a genuine shirt as produced in say 78 or 82, I suggest you go to classicfootballshirts.com - you'll pay quite a money depending on the condition and rarity of the top. But all come in the condition as listed and some cracking (genuine) tops.

You can even try and pass off that you bought the top in 1988 and it still fits you.........

Just checked - website ends .co.uk not .com.

Edited by Return of Yermaw

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

Fake. Umbro did a retro range relaunch of tracksuit tops and t-shirts about 2008ish (loads of people here purchased blue ones and got iron on Scotland patches purchased to make them).

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

Fake. Umbro did a retro range relaunch of tracksuit tops and t-shirts about 2008ish (loads of people here purchased blue ones and got iron on Scotland patches purchased to make them).

While it's a retro reproduction it's really good quality.

I got the very same one from eBay a while back and it's much better quality than the ones Score Draw did.

12 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

While it's a retro reproduction it's really good quality.

I got the very same one from eBay a while back and it's much better quality than the ones Score Draw did.

Any pics bud. Tempted to go for it.