Tfi Friday. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

it was ok, but they could have done more with the show, to much looking back.

and lewis hamilton, wtf? he more bland than tim henman, and also a wee fanny.

Haha, I've not seen it, but agree he's a fanny.

I hope it was great. I love Danny Baker who wrote all the jokes/skits so hopefully it'll return, maybe once a month.

Essential pre-Friday night out viewing for me in the mid to late '90s. Used to set the tone nicely. :)

By the early '00s it was clear it had its day though. Last night's show was a nice wee dauner down memory lane but its format felt dated. For that reason I'd be surprised if it came back on a regular basis. Then again, I am auld enough to remember the original; perhaps it will appeal to a younger generation.

The whole Top Gear crossover thing was a bit weird.

Aye the 1st 40 minutes or so were good - the last 3hrs of Chris Evans interviewing for the Top Gear gig, not so much.

Why was Lewis Hamilton given so much time, he's dull as fukk

Liked and hated the original in equal measure but it was a nice wee nostalgia trip for the days when we were getting ready to head out for the weekend.

If they brought it back I doubt I'd switch the telly on for it right enough.

The fat lookalike of Liam Gallagher was good though...

Sky +'ed and watching it now.

Was ok, Evans I felt did not make full use of the post watershed and live freedom he had (clearly he knew one wrong turn/slip up here would cost him big elsewhere at the BBC)

Nostalgia value it was great (90's Friday night viewing for me at 6pm, and catching the late night repeat later on), but I do not think it would work in the long run (though Evans clearly wants that and clearly pushing for Nick Grimshaw to host it) as it was a totally different era and 2/3's of the stuff he did back then would never been accepted today.

Still better than Alan Carr and Graham Norton.