Forsyth - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forsyth

Dillinger

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really see what WGS was thinking with Forsyth. Fair enough you might pick him for size over Robertson but if that's the issue, why not go with Whittle who has some experience at this level?

Worry for Craig is that these weren't a world class side he struggled so badly against, these were the kind of lower league hammer throwers he plays against most weeks in the Championship.

His performance mirrored the whole side. Pish poor in the first half but got better in the second and however people paint it he didn't cost us a goal. Ireland's attacks were aerial based and they had stacks of corners where he played his part in them scoring goals. We conceded one goal and that was offside.

I am not saying he was great but people on here are too keen to put the boot in on players who are among the best we have - like it or lump it. If we consider he may be second or third choice left-back in normal circumstances then all this condemnation seems a bit much.

Never keen on slagging off our own players but the truth is he wasn't good enough and while the whole team was poor in the first half his inadequecies stood out. Did have a better second half but still not good enough.

As mentioned above though, probably doesn't warrant his own thread because I thought Hutton was almost as bad.

Mulgrew getting a lot of praise and some folks mom - I think he is excellent on the deck but not strong enough in the air for centre half which led to issues (possible a little harsh as this is Ireland's game and they're good at it).

Fletcher and Naismith not good enough yesterday either. At least Naismith gives you some effort and guile.

I don't think it is fair to single out Forsyth quite this much, even if though I don't rate him highly, and said so after the Qatar game. He is slow for international football, and his distribution is poor, but as we are all reading in the papers Strachan wanted the extra physical presence he offered over other options.

In truth a fit McGeady would have fancied his chances against either FB last night. As it was, with the Irish going quite so direct, maybe either Greer or Berra at CB and Mulgrew at LB would have been better. All academic anyway.

Some of the criticism is unbeliveably harsh.

He didn't play great, but like Caledonian Craig said he never actually gave away a goal. Gradually improved in the second half, but would agree he did have a poor game.

People need to look more at Hutton though. He's bloody awful yet because he runs and then falls to the ground people think he's good? At least 50% of his crosses fail to reach a Scotland jersey.

Some of the criticism is unbeliveably harsh.

He didn't play great, but like Caledonian Craig said he never actually gave away a goal. Gradually improved in the second half, but would agree he did have a poor game.

People need to look more at Hutton though. He's bloody awful yet because he runs and then falls to the ground people think he's good? At least 50% of his crosses fail to reach a Scotland jersey.

Agree with the Hutton part. Bombscare of a footballer.

Buttons defending was shocking too, do we have another option at RB?

Most of the team were poor yesterday, fletcher in particular was honking, the usually reliable Naismith was below par as was Scott brown. Hopefully strachan realises that Anya has to start from now on along with Robertson or Whittaker.

All in all the whole team were below the standard they've set during this campaign.

Guest allyc

Hutton shows no urgency to get down the line,to receive the ball or to get back.he completely lacks composure at times.in his head he thinks is a great footballer but has been suspect for long enough.

Like cc said, short memories when it suits. Whittaker was crucified for Poland game and yet he should've been selected now? I suspect it's as much to do with people wanting the new golden boy Robertson into the squad and so anyone else will never good enough. To be clear, I love robbo and hope he is our left back for years but he is miles off the finished article, he was good and poor in equal measures in the prem, he looked like he'd never seen a football in the 1st half against gib and is just back from injury with little match practise. I would've picked Forsyth or Whittaker over him for this particular match too, and being forsyths natural position it was right he got the nod. Had a poor game, should be in the next squad.

The whole team were poor including Brown and Naismith and theyve been our most reliable performers recently.

Forsyth was out of his depth and Whittaker would have been a far better choice. He can defend fine when he's told to concentrate on that instead of bombing on.

Hutton defies belief in the number of caps he's got. But do we have real, quality options?