Sign In Here If You Are A Craft Beer Wanka - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sign In Here If You Are A Craft Beer Wanka

My favourite beer at the moment is March of the Penguins stout by Williams Bro's

Oh yes - Like that one - Midnight Sun is lovely too

The Raven is a great wee pub in Glasgow if you're into that, good food and they do a wee paddle full of different craft beers

13th Note is another place with a great selection of Craft beers

OK - looking for recommendations! We've been having a 'weird beer night' for a few years but after some truly utterly bogging offerings with wasabi, expresso or whatever in them, the brief for the next one is to make it just a beer tasting night and bring a few good beers for people to try. Trying to find something which the others won't provide so anything stocked in trendy off licenses in the West End are off limits as that's where they live. We've been to Drygate and WEST so anything from there is off limits.

So - essentially - looking for a good craft beer which is not too hoppy but something a bit quirky that I can source over the internet as I don't have time to go trawling the shops before the next night on 4 July.

I know Weatherspoons are soulless places full of old folk and tramps but they don't half do great deals on craft ales/beers & lagers .I was drinking Innis and Gunn lager at £2.49 a pint in the Rutherglen one.They cask ales starting off for as little as £1.49.

or

You could go to Dyrgate and drink schooners for £17.98

OK - looking for recommendations! We've been having a 'weird beer night' for a few years but after some truly utterly bogging offerings with wasabi, expresso or whatever in them, the brief for the next one is to make it just a beer tasting night and bring a few good beers for people to try. Trying to find something which the others won't provide so anything stocked in trendy off licenses in the West End are off limits as that's where they live. We've been to Drygate and WEST so anything from there is off limits.

So - essentially - looking for a good craft beer which is not too hoppy but something a bit quirky that I can source over the internet as I don't have time to go trawling the shops before the next night on 4 July.

http://cart.edenmill.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=60_63

I was speaking to one of there brew staff about this, it is designed specifically for tesco and isn't hipa. At £1.95 you can't go wrong, was recently at £1.65 and stocked up for a while

Ah right, cool. Very tasty despite its strength which is both good and a little dangerous. Often find it on their 4 for £6 deals too.

Wtf's a craft beer?

The next time you see someone who looks like this in a pub ...

1673cb8b53b013bcb07d51a0aee15c6b.jpg

... have a look at what he's drinking. Chances are it'll be a craft beer.

I know Weatherspoons are soulless places full of old folk and tramps but they don't half do great deals on craft ales/beers & lagers .I was drinking Innis and Gunn lager at £2.49 a pint in the Rutherglen one.They cask ales starting off for as little as £1.49.

or

They often do Harviestoun's Schiehallion as a guest ale, that's a real favourite of mine. The Sir Edward Wylie on Bothwell St had a fantastic American IPA on a few months ago; Strongback IPA I think it was called.

Drygate do a good IPA called Glad Eye, which goes really well with a curry, funnily enough. You can't go wrong with a pint of Williams Bros Joker IPA either, but have any more than three and you'll soon know about it!

Guest flumax

Join camra and get 40x50 p off a pint of real ale on top

Big fan of Wetherspoons, some in the camra fraternity knock them for forcing the closing down of pubs through competition, but I think they're partially the reason for the rejuvenation of ale and therefore also demand for cask.

or

Edited by flumax

Guest flumax

Ah right, cool. Very tasty despite its strength which is both good and a little dangerous. Often find it on their 4 for £6 deals too.

Remember no multi buy offers on booze in Scotland so don't get that sort of thing

Craft beer in Poland is also thriving. Zwyiec APA is a cracking drink from a mainstream producer.

Had some "Crack Off" last week en route to Dublin, too. Probably my favourite.

Was partial to a Cute Hoor in Dublin.

Stuck in Malta now and there's zero... so pretty much aff it.

I've been to the States a few times over the last couple of years and the craft beer scene (sorry) seems to be really taking off over there. One's that stick in the mind that I really enjoyed are Smuttynose Vunderbar (Great name!!), Stoudts Pils, Sam Adams Cold Snap and Blue Point. I don't drink as much of it back home for some reason but 2 that I've tried here that I really like are Ossian and Caesar Augustus.

Something I have got into over the last couple of years (after thinking the stuff was horrible to start with..... now I can not even look at a big brand beer when in a pub).

Krakow was full of craft beer pubs (really shocked by that), found a couple of good ones in Dublin at the weekend, as well as finding a fantastic real ale pub in Lancaster when down for Morecambe v AFC Wimbledon last year :ok:

From from my understanding Kyiv is starting to get a fast growing, but still very underground, Craft Beer scene, so looking forward to sampling that on route to Tbilisi.

I hate the term "craft beer" for some reason. Just the way it rolls off the tongue immediately gives me the thought of tasting light coloured gassy watered doon pish.

"Draught beer" on the other hand....

Edited by Toepoke